Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Waiting for work - LA woman

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2015 - 7:48 pm

Has anyone ever taken a company to the Labor Board for making them sit there day after day (whole shift) waiting for work, and no work coming in? (And no pay for waiting!) We are supposedly full-time employees, but there is no work, so we sit. . . .and sit. . . .and sit. I have a child to provide for. I have kept records of times logged in and times logged off with no work. We are told to keep checking. I have these records going back months. Is there any legally sophisticated person (Nick, where are you?--Studying for the Bar, probably) who can tell me how to do it? Where to start? At what point do I qualify for unemployment? I have a lot of years to work and am afraid of being blackballed. They are a big company and way more powerful than one little mom. What a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)