Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Unemployment not retroactive - Linda

Posted: Oct 24th, 2015 - 2:16 pm In Reply to: Waiting for work - LA Woman

At least that has been my experience in the past. You start receiving benefits about a week after you apply. I can't advise you legally but I would call the labor board and ask if they are required to pay you. It's great that you saved all your log ins. They will have them too. Do you have any emails or other documentation instructing you to continue logging in to wait for work? If not, you might try to get something in writing, asking if you need to sit and check the whole shift and see if you can get it in writing. Otherwise I'm afraid these MTSO lawyers will just lie their way out of it.

I only dealt with the labor board many years ago and they were great to work with. There was no cost to me and I won everything, including a days pay for every day late they were in paying me. This was a situation where we were required to report for briefing 15 minutes before our shift and stay 15 minutes after for debriefing. My complaint was that they required me to put in 30 unpaid minutes per day. I won that pay plus continued pay after I quit until they gave me a check for what was owed.

Also someone knowledgeable in labor law posted here several times. You might want to Google search and look for links to this forum from about a month ago. You may set precedent for all of us if you take action! Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)