Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Linda - Old Pro

Posted: Oct 27th, 2015 - 7:39 pm In Reply to: Thanks Old Pro - Linda

You're welcome. I miss the good old days. We were a small company and everybody knew each other and helped each other and it was kind of like a family. Nobody fought or tried to get over on another person. My first clue that something was wrong was when MQ started moving in on the smaller shops in a big way in California. A friend of mine was also a small MTSO in our same large city. One day the large hospital his company had been serving called him and said, "Well, goodbye, we are going with the squid, zip, nada, nothing for you." And just like that, his business went down the tank. One of the famous tricks of the big companies was to bid the contract at 1 cent a line for a short period of time. Of course, they lost money doing it, but it got the contract away from the smaller MTSO who could not afford to dance around like that. Pretty soon we all folded our tents and called it a day. It really made me sad because during that big takeover time (late nineties/early eighties), I actually met a woman who had been an MT and had become homeless. Don't these people have hearts? Oh, my bad. Of course they don't. I think things are going to turn around. I think for one thing that lots of hospitals are quite dissatisfied with the service they are getting from the offshore people. I think some other hospitals (VAs, etc.) have offshored when they were not supposed to and there will be some blowback from that. I have this dream where some nice investigative report comes in and blows the whole thing right open--how the little companies were stepped on, how MTs were put out of work, the unfair and unregulated business practices that went on. You know, kind of like the movie scene where somebody beats up the schoolyard bully. I also believe in karma or whatever you want to call it. I believe that what we do to others comes back to us, oftentimes in forms we would never imagine. I have a friend who is a Native American and she told me that in her culture it sometimes looks like the person who has done wrong things is going to get away with with it, but ultimately it will hit--and that the longer it takes to hit--the harder it will come down on them once it does. I hope she is right!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)