Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Andrews crew.. (Views: 33)

There is no hard and fast rule--sm - anon

Posted: Oct 12th, 2015 - 8:32 pm In Reply to: I've been on this eScription account for about a year now... - Just wondering how long

It could happen at any time but that does not mean it will happen. The account that I was that was completely off-shored had off-shore working on it in the overnight shift for a while and then all of a sudden the work dried up, even catching the TSM by surprise. That account was on Byndtxt and that happened within a year of Transcend being purchased by Nuance. There were quality issues for a while so I was re-assigned to it for a short time but then it completely disappeared.

The account I was on after that went to EPIC and cancelled its contract with Nuance. That decision was made by the hospital. Some hospitals that use EPIC do not completely eliminate transcription and some do.

The account I moved to after that ended up over-staffed, I was only on that one about 3 months so I do not remember how much of it was off-shored. I received a phone call that they were moving people to help with staffing and I was one of the "lucky" ones (probably because I had not been on the account long).

I have been on my current account (and new platform) for almost a year now. So far, it does not appear to have been offshored. The account is extremely picky so that could be part of it or that could change once they renew their contract. I do pay close attention to the work flow. If I am re-assigned yet again or forced to work on a secondary more, I will likely call it quits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)