Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I Got Out, Too! - see msg

Posted: Sep 5th, 2015 - 10:41 am In Reply to: After 10+ years as an MT, - HappyNow

Good for you! And you are very fortunate that they are paying you for the holiday after only being their 2 weeks. Most places have a 3-6 month "kick-in" before you get any benefits.

It took me almost 2 years to get out, but I finally did it. You will not get out of this biz by sitting and crying about it. Okay, you can do that, but you also have to work at getting another job. Ball your eyes out, put on your big-girl pants, and go for it.

Look at it this way---I know it sounds daunting--spending a year or 2 getting out of this biz. Meanwhile, a year has gone by and you could have been out by now if you had been looking. Heck, it may only take a month. But it certainly won't happen by doing zippo about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)