Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Arrendale British Account Speech Rec.. (Views: 32)

I don't think so either. There is too much $$ to be had - by these rotten companies (and hospitals)....

Posted: Aug 20th, 2015 - 1:40 pm In Reply to: This is a good article, but I just can't - understand...

and they aren't about to give that up for something like "patient safety."

I often daydream about a new law being passed that protects patient healthcare info, especially from practices such as offshoring patient sensitive info..... Oh wait, there IS a law, it's called HIPAA.

How do the companies get away with it? By hiring a slew of attorneys to find EVERY single loophole they can. By flat out lying and making it seem like there are not enough US MTs to do the work when in actually they are just purposely driving them away. They suck up accounts from hospitals promising huge transcription cost savings and promising to hire all the MTs, which they DO, but just to turn around and force them out to send those newly acquired accounts to India.

And also, no one cares. The companies just SAY they have "encryption" to avoid this, but that's BS. They don't have the same HIPAA rules over there. So info like SS numbers could be being stolen/used to ruinate someone's credit/ID and it is just never found out HOW exactly the info was stolen....

Ugh I'm going on too long....I'm dead tired from staying up all night NOT working, waiting for all the work I was supposed to have if only I worked the graveyard shift.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)