Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 31)

Just turned in my notice! - NoMo

Posted: Aug 15th, 2015 - 11:42 am

After fighting the stress (both physical and emotional) of a punitive pay grid, my 3rd TSM in less than a year, unreliable work load, and having my work quality picked apart by non-native English speakers, I just turned in my notice this morning!  I am actually going to be a professional and provide a 2 weeks' notice; however, if they decide to just lock me out of the system and not let me work these last 2 weeks, I'll take a badly needed vacation before starting my new job.  It's taken nearly a year to find something outside of MT, but persistence does pay off, and I found a wonderful opportunity just 2 miles from my home, paid holidays, no weekends, stable hourly wage, and causal dress code, don't even need to go out and buy new clothes!  The starting pay is not exactly what I wanted, but there is opportunity to move up and earn more, and this company is really excited to put my MT skills to use.  For those of you who are still looking or thinking about looking, keep the faith.  Keep applying, sending resumes, network with friends and family.  Find job fairs in your local area, lots of employers at once to dazzle with your knowledge and experience!  Every one of us has so much to offer, and although I feel this once proud profession is on its last legs, there are employers out there who value our skills and want to pay us what we are worth!  Best of luck to you all, whether you decide to stay with MT or take your talents elsewhere.

I feel as if a huge burden has been lifted!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)