Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Horrible Audio - Is it Just Me

Posted: Jul 20th, 2015 - 2:27 pm

I have been an IC MT for a little over a decade and I have lost jobs due to VR, MTSOs selling us out to bigger companies, so I went through five companies since starting MT, not because I like job hopping, but because of circumstances beyond my control. Lately, within the last couple of years that I have had to find another job, I don't understand why the audio at these MT services I have been hired to work with is so bad, almost unintelligible. Yet, my supervisor tells me they are fine. I went through two jobs with the similar situation, both saying they have no problem. It's me. I am not an idiot!  I know the difference between clear dictation and dictation that sounds like it's coming from under the ocean in a barrel on a distant planet in another galaxy in another universe. I checked my sound card, which is fine. I tested it and can hear ads on the Internet, hear YouTube and all of them are clear. I even bought gaming head phones to see if I could filter out some of the high-pitched shuffling of papers or to tone down what sounds like wind blowing in the background. Sure, I can submit a report full of blanks, but that also takes time because my work ethic is such that I try to listen and re-listen and try to get what is being said. When I mention it to my team leader(s), they say there is no problem.

Has anything like this happened to anyone out there and what did you do?  Are there any solutions?  I know it's not me, but I'm getting so discouraged and want to throw in the towel. I have a measily Social Security check that I need to supplement. Otherwise, I would thumb my nose to these horrible people and retire, but I can't. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)