A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sutures - Do you type 3-0 or spell it out as in three-zero? - LHMT

Posted: Jul 14, 2011

I am new at transcribing op reports.  Physician is discussing sutures and I am wondering about the proper way to type this.  Do you type 3-0 or spell it out as in three-zero?  Thanks!

3-0 is correct - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x

3-0 suture - LHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much!

3.0 - LHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

Similar Messages:

Correct Way To Type 4 #50 Nylon Sutures?
Nov 01, 2011

States "four number five oh nylon sutures"  What is the correct way to type this?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...

2.0 PDS Sutures?
Apr 08, 2010

I am used to hearing "two oh pds sutures" and transcribing "2-0 PDS sutures."  Now I have heard two different docs say, "two point oh pds sutures."  I am wondering if this is another type of suture.  I googled and found many more hits with "2-0 PDS sutures" but still some published articles with "2.0 PDS sutures."  Anyone know what's up with this?  ...

Ott Sutures
Jul 26, 2011

Which is it? 6 ott sutures 6 Ott sutures 6-ott sutures (I'm obviously confused) ...

Sutures Question
Sep 09, 2010

The patient has four s/l inarthed sutures on her chin.  This is a 3-year-old patient.  Thanks for taking the time and any help you can offer! ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...

Silk Sutures
Mar 29, 2011

doctor is saying "two double O silk sutures" and I am not sure how to type that.   My first thought was 2-00 silk sutures?  Does anyone know if that is right? Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Stoney Sutures??
Jan 15, 2012

FILMS OF THE CHEST, 2 VIEWS COMPARISONS: ___ [DATE]. HISTORY: (s/l itus), congestive heart failure. FINDINGS: A problem with the cardiac silhouette is noted. (s/l stoney) sutures are present. Thoracic screw fixation is noted of the distal thoracic spine. Surgical clips are noted in left upper quadrant. Mild blunting is noted in the left costophrenic angle suggesting atelectasis. No focal areas of consolidation are identified. ...

S/l Monocle Sutures
Apr 21, 2012

Sounds like "monocle sutures" "s/l Monocle sutures are clipped." Any ideas? Thanks :) ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

S/l March Saline Sutures???
Jun 10, 2010

Whatever they are, they are attaching a skin graft to the mandible.  Thanks! ...

Multiple 6-0 S/l Fullon Sutures
Oct 29, 2012

Multiple 6-0 s/l fullon sutures were then utilized to complete the skin closure. ...

Sutures - Irrigation Was Done And We Placed Interrupted 2-0 Monocryls
Jul 17, 2010

Irrigation was done and we placed interrupted 2-0 Monocryls within the aneurysm sac itself to cause collapse of the soft tissue. The skin was closed with 2-0 Prolene and 4 (for endair) sutures for eversion. ...

Sutures - Should I Leave It As Triple Or Could It Be 3-0 Plain Gut?
Feb 12, 2011

This ia a verbatim account. D: ....was closed with triple plain gut. Should I leave it as triple or could it be 3-0 plain gut? ...

ILR Was Reinserted Back And Sutured With Ethibond 0-2 Sutures?
Aug 15, 2011

Is it Ethibond 0 two sutures?  Or, Ethibond 0-2 suture?  Or 0-2 Ethibond suture?  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

I Hate When They Spell!
Feb 24, 2010

She had moderate malnutrition, which was treated with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube feeds.  However, the patient had a very large tracheostomy stoma and had s/l aerobhagy resulting in severe abdominal distention.  The "aerobhagy" is what she spells.  Any clue what she might be talking about?  ...

Coxytude? Cannot Think Of How To Spell It
Mar 09, 2010

a "coxytude" of medications.   thanks ...

What Is This Drug Name And How Do You Spell It Please?
Mar 17, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to spell a drug name that sounds like Fusefar or Phusefar or something like that? Thanks ...

How Do You Spell This Word?
Apr 21, 2011

s/l sin-knee-key-eye There was (synici) and lateralization of the middle turbinate to the lateral nasal wall.  This was gently medialized removing the (synici) and opening up the ethmoid labyrinth as best as possible.  When I google it doesn't have any idea what I'm trying to say!! thanks. ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

Just Had A Doctor Spell
Feb 18, 2012

"void" - its gonna be a long night... ...

Numbers Or Spell It Out?
Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind. ...

Where Do They Learn To Spell?
Apr 29, 2013

The doc just spelled two drugs:   1. FLORASE 2. SPLRIVA   Flonase and Spiriva   What the????? ...

Why Do Doctors Try To Spell?
Jun 18, 2013

I just had one spell Hydroxycut  "hodroxicud" ...

Please Oh Please Spell Your Kid's Name CORRECTLY!
Aug 11, 2013

Anybody else work for a Peds clinic and get driven CRAZY due to the odd spelling of all of these kid names these days?  It seems like almost every single time, I spell the name wrong and when I check for correction on my list, I always have to change it, which I cannot do until the END of the report!  I am so tired of these names:  Jennipher, Ryleigh, Austen, Allysin, Emilee.  I mean, what was wrong with Jennifer, Riley, Austin, Allison and Emily?  Why did we have to cha ...

Wow Ms. PA Learn To Spell
Dec 31, 2013

Can't spell what is wrong correctly, continually spells it wrong at every turn, and pronounce the rest? Lots of blanks, I'm not leaving a misspelled word in there don't care how many times you spell it wrong. And who am I to correct them? ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

Look What Would Have Gone Through Spell Check
Sep 17, 2014

"extu1ated"  Yes, that's a #1.  That's how it came up in the voice recognition text. ...