A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sutures - Irrigation was done and we placed interrupted 2-0 Monocryls - salicestar

Posted: Jul 17, 2010

Irrigation was done and we placed interrupted 2-0 Monocryls within the aneurysm sac itself to cause collapse of the soft tissue. The skin was closed with 2-0 Prolene and 4 (for endair) sutures for eversion.

Sorry. I've got nothing with a certainty. - Oracle

[ In Reply To ..]
I know there's a four suture eversion technique they use for vascular anastomoses. I can't think of a suture type that comes close to Endair, and the only thing I can think of is maybe he's saying four anterior sutures.

Ford interlocking? (blanket stitch) - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
http://gpvec.unl.edu/files/WesternU/SurgerySuturePatternsT.Sissener.pdf

Here is a web site on suture techniques

Similar Messages:

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

2.0 PDS Sutures?
Apr 08, 2010

I am used to hearing "two oh pds sutures" and transcribing "2-0 PDS sutures."  Now I have heard two different docs say, "two point oh pds sutures."  I am wondering if this is another type of suture.  I googled and found many more hits with "2-0 PDS sutures" but still some published articles with "2.0 PDS sutures."  Anyone know what's up with this?  ...

Ott Sutures
Jul 26, 2011

Which is it? 6 ott sutures 6 Ott sutures 6-ott sutures (I'm obviously confused) ...

Sutures Question
Sep 09, 2010

The patient has four s/l inarthed sutures on her chin.  This is a 3-year-old patient.  Thanks for taking the time and any help you can offer! ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...

Silk Sutures
Mar 29, 2011

doctor is saying "two double O silk sutures" and I am not sure how to type that.   My first thought was 2-00 silk sutures?  Does anyone know if that is right? Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Stoney Sutures??
Jan 15, 2012

FILMS OF THE CHEST, 2 VIEWS COMPARISONS: ___ [DATE]. HISTORY: (s/l itus), congestive heart failure. FINDINGS: A problem with the cardiac silhouette is noted. (s/l stoney) sutures are present. Thoracic screw fixation is noted of the distal thoracic spine. Surgical clips are noted in left upper quadrant. Mild blunting is noted in the left costophrenic angle suggesting atelectasis. No focal areas of consolidation are identified. ...

S/l Monocle Sutures
Apr 21, 2012

Sounds like "monocle sutures" "s/l Monocle sutures are clipped." Any ideas? Thanks :) ...

Sutures - Doc Dictates S/l 14-0 Ef A Lon Was Used For Closure
Nov 19, 2009

Morning all - looking for suture name/type.  Doc dictates s/l 14-0 ef a lon was used for closure.  Pt. had sharp dissection of nose lesion.  Thank you! ...

S/l March Saline Sutures???
Jun 10, 2010

Whatever they are, they are attaching a skin graft to the mandible.  Thanks! ...

Sutures - Do You Type 3-0 Or Spell It Out As In Three-zero?
Jul 14, 2011

I am new at transcribing op reports.  Physician is discussing sutures and I am wondering about the proper way to type this.  Do you type 3-0 or spell it out as in three-zero?  Thanks! ...

Multiple 6-0 S/l Fullon Sutures
Oct 29, 2012

Multiple 6-0 s/l fullon sutures were then utilized to complete the skin closure. ...

Sutures - Should I Leave It As Triple Or Could It Be 3-0 Plain Gut?
Feb 12, 2011

This ia a verbatim account. D: ....was closed with triple plain gut. Should I leave it as triple or could it be 3-0 plain gut? ...

Correct Way To Type 4 #50 Nylon Sutures?
Nov 01, 2011

States "four number five oh nylon sutures"  What is the correct way to type this?  Thanks! ...

ILR Was Reinserted Back And Sutured With Ethibond 0-2 Sutures?
Aug 15, 2011

Is it Ethibond 0 two sutures?  Or, Ethibond 0-2 suture?  Or 0-2 Ethibond suture?  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

The "two Oh" Silk Sutures That Attached The Smit Sleeve.
Jan 18, 2011

?? ...

Steri-Strips And S/l "light Guard" Sutures. (sm For Another ??)
Feb 24, 2011

This is going to be a long day, I can feel it. I am covering for someone and she gave me samples, but this first doctor talks fast and so I am having an even more difficult time.  Thanks for your patience. The catheter exit site was opened slightly with a small skin incision and dissection was performed to expose the anterior fascia. The catheter of the system was cut "by the neutral pleasure" and attached to the reservoir. Sorry, I have slowed him down, changed his tone, but he is just ta ...

Sutures Were Closed In A "plee-uh-clothes" Technique
Jun 20, 2014

This is stent grafting surgery.  I personally think that it would be more appropriate to say sutures were placed (not closed), but it's verbatim.  Anyway, thanks for any help with the technique question. ...

4-0 "dyed" Vicryl Sutures?
Oct 13, 2009

4-0 "dyed" Vicryl sutures?  Has anyone come across this term? ...

Can Sutures Be Removed "sharply"?
Dec 03, 2009

I believe the doctor is saying   The lateral incision s/l sutures were removed sharply. The patient had  below knee amputations. TIA. ...

Cardiology - S/l "O-soaked Sutures"....
Mar 03, 2010

The doc is dictating:  We sewed the silastic collar to the pectoral fascia using"O" soaked sutures x2.    TIA. ...

S/l "Iglue" Skin Sutures???
Sep 20, 2013

"I applied 1 mL of buffered lidocaine to the dorsum of the great toe and proceeded with copious irrigation with normal saline. I used Iglue." Dictator spelled i-g-l-u-e. ...

A S/l "tia" Was Used To Pass Sutures Through
Feb 14, 2011

the biceps tendon.  S/L tia or teel or something like that.  Thanks! ...

Figure-of-eight Or Figure-of-8 Sutures? Nm
Dec 17, 2009

nm ...