A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I hate when they spell! - Xaviera

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

She had moderate malnutrition, which was treated with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube feeds.  However, the patient had a very large tracheostomy stoma and had s/l aerobhagy resulting in severe abdominal distention. 

The "aerobhagy" is what she spells.  Any clue what she might be talking about? 

aerophagy - excess swallowing of air

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks - Xaviera

[ In Reply To ..]
She said it the next time instead of spelling it. I get it so much better when they just say the word.

Thanks!

aerophagia - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
From Dorland's:

aerophagia (Ärâ³o-fa´jÓ) excessive swallowing of air, usually an unconscious process associated with anxiety, resulting in abdominal distention or belching; these are often interpreted by the patient as signs of a physical disorder.

Similar Messages:

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

Coxytude? Cannot Think Of How To Spell It
Mar 09, 2010

a "coxytude" of medications.   thanks ...

What Is This Drug Name And How Do You Spell It Please?
Mar 17, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to spell a drug name that sounds like Fusefar or Phusefar or something like that? Thanks ...

How Do You Spell This Word?
Apr 21, 2011

s/l sin-knee-key-eye There was (synici) and lateralization of the middle turbinate to the lateral nasal wall.  This was gently medialized removing the (synici) and opening up the ethmoid labyrinth as best as possible.  When I google it doesn't have any idea what I'm trying to say!! thanks. ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

Just Had A Doctor Spell
Feb 18, 2012

"void" - its gonna be a long night... ...

Numbers Or Spell It Out?
Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind. ...

Where Do They Learn To Spell?
Apr 29, 2013

The doc just spelled two drugs:   1. FLORASE 2. SPLRIVA   Flonase and Spiriva   What the????? ...

Why Do Doctors Try To Spell?
Jun 18, 2013

I just had one spell Hydroxycut  "hodroxicud" ...

Please Oh Please Spell Your Kid's Name CORRECTLY!
Aug 11, 2013

Anybody else work for a Peds clinic and get driven CRAZY due to the odd spelling of all of these kid names these days?  It seems like almost every single time, I spell the name wrong and when I check for correction on my list, I always have to change it, which I cannot do until the END of the report!  I am so tired of these names:  Jennipher, Ryleigh, Austen, Allysin, Emilee.  I mean, what was wrong with Jennifer, Riley, Austin, Allison and Emily?  Why did we have to cha ...

Wow Ms. PA Learn To Spell
Dec 31, 2013

Can't spell what is wrong correctly, continually spells it wrong at every turn, and pronounce the rest? Lots of blanks, I'm not leaving a misspelled word in there don't care how many times you spell it wrong. And who am I to correct them? ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

Look What Would Have Gone Through Spell Check
Sep 17, 2014

"extu1ated"  Yes, that's a #1.  That's how it came up in the voice recognition text. ...

Spell Check
Jun 23, 2015

Does anyone have a clue why my spell check would not be catching some of the misspelled words?  Thank you! ...

*Sto* Portal Is Healed. Not Sure How To Spell Sto?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know? ...

Help! Spell Check Issue.
Dec 04, 2009

Thanks for your help.  For some reason, my spellcheck is doubling twice.  For example, if I hit F7 in the report or even upload, it would highlight a word misspelled such as Treadmil (need the extra "l" at end of word).  Spellcheck will highlight word and replace.  Then it will state "Spellcheck complete" and will do it AGAIN. It will then change the "treadmil" word to not only right the first time by adding an extra "l", but will add ANOTHER "l" to spell TREADMILLL.  Ho ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

Why Can I Not Spell This Word!! Hypocanthal
Jan 21, 2010

mri of the brain:  No apparent lesions in the hippacanthal regions.  i know the root word would be hypocanthus, but why can i not verify this!?!?  my brain is frozen.  TIA ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

6.1 Spell Check Question
Sep 30, 2010

Not used to 6.1 yet and can't find the info.  Is there a way to have the spell checker suggest words, like it used to do? Are my settings off? Most words have no suggestions, and even with "coumadin" for example, there is no suggestion of "Coumadin." Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

How Spell Heart BREW-EE
Dec 26, 2010

How do you spell the heart sound BREW-EE, and BREW-EEZ, plural, if pluralizing it gets weird? Thanks! ...

Spell Out The Words Or Use Fractions?
Mar 31, 2011

I am working on a report where the doctor dictates as follows " he has been off of his iinsulin for the last week and a half."   Is it correct to spell out the words or use a fraction? I can't recall the correct useage. Thanks ...

Copay Or Co-pay.. How To Spell It Correctly
Apr 07, 2011

q ...

Medical Spell Checkers
Apr 15, 2011

Does anyone use Medispell medical checker?  I have always used Spellex but I now have Word 2010 on my computer and the Spellex that I have is no longer compatible.  I am looking for a good medical checker at a reasonible price.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

Sutures - Do You Type 3-0 Or Spell It Out As In Three-zero?
Jul 14, 2011

I am new at transcribing op reports.  Physician is discussing sutures and I am wondering about the proper way to type this.  Do you type 3-0 or spell it out as in three-zero?  Thanks! ...

EMDAT Spell Check
May 02, 2012

Does anyone know how to restore your spellchecker in EMDAT if you have accidentally cleared it?  I was trying to delete a misspelled word and it cleared all my saved words, so now any medication or basic med term is being underlined as wrong.   I already looked under the HELP and it didn't give me much.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!  ...