A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stedmans Spell Checker-How to Set it up in Spell check - Linnie

Posted: Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you!

someone who frequents the tech help board might know. - might ask there? NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Did you have MS Word open when you downloaded and installed it? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Because if you did, then it will not load correctly. You will have to unistall the Stedmans, then you have to make sure MS Word is not running and then run the install again.

Stedmans Spell Checker-How to Set it up in Spell check - Linnie - Linnie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the tips, but I think I figured out my problem. I only purchased the dictionary, which probably didnt come with the spell checker.

Yeah, the spell checker is seperate from the dictionary. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Which is really irritating when you think about it!

Similar Messages:

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Medical Spell Checker Question
Oct 25, 2011

I have incorporated a medical dictionary into my Word custom dictionary, plus any new words are added into my shorthand program.  I've noticed some companies require you have a medical spell checker.  Any suggestions on a good program to purchase? ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Opinions On Inductel Spell Checker
Feb 15, 2014

Starting a new position and spell checker software is required.  She said that the brand doesn't matter so much as having one.  I used Stedman's in my old position, but it belonged to the company.  I know it isn't Stedman's, which I will be getting soon, but is the Inductel spell checker sufficient to get me through the first pay period until I purchase the Stedman's? ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Free Medical Spell Checker?
Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free?? ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

Look What Would Have Gone Through Spell Check
Sep 17, 2014

"extu1ated"  Yes, that's a #1.  That's how it came up in the voice recognition text. ...

Spell Check
Jun 23, 2015

Does anyone have a clue why my spell check would not be catching some of the misspelled words?  Thank you! ...

Help! Spell Check Issue.
Dec 04, 2009

Thanks for your help.  For some reason, my spellcheck is doubling twice.  For example, if I hit F7 in the report or even upload, it would highlight a word misspelled such as Treadmil (need the extra "l" at end of word).  Spellcheck will highlight word and replace.  Then it will state "Spellcheck complete" and will do it AGAIN. It will then change the "treadmil" word to not only right the first time by adding an extra "l", but will add ANOTHER "l" to spell TREADMILLL.  Ho ...

6.1 Spell Check Question
Sep 30, 2010

Not used to 6.1 yet and can't find the info.  Is there a way to have the spell checker suggest words, like it used to do? Are my settings off? Most words have no suggestions, and even with "coumadin" for example, there is no suggestion of "Coumadin." Thanks! ...

EMDAT Spell Check
May 02, 2012

Does anyone know how to restore your spellchecker in EMDAT if you have accidentally cleared it?  I was trying to delete a misspelled word and it cleared all my saved words, so now any medication or basic med term is being underlined as wrong.   I already looked under the HELP and it didn't give me much.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!  ...

Is There A Way To Spell Check Just One Word
Oct 03, 2012

in DQS 7.1 without it checking the whole report? I have tried highlighting the word and hitting F7 and putting the curser on the word and hitting F7, and that does not work. I was told to right-click on the word and a list of options will come up, and nothing happens when I do that. Everything I try it still checks the whole document and not just one selected word. Any tips would be appreciated, thanx.  ...

How To Spell Check In Word?
Nov 16, 2013

Can someone tell me how to spell check in word?  Thanks in advance ...

Spell Check Not Working Properly
Oct 19, 2010

Be careful with the spell check.  It is not working properly.  I just let something go through that I thought spell check would catch and I would fix it when I came to the end of the document.  I just realized that I let it go through and it never picked up my error.  :(  Also, did anyone else notice that when the new version 6.1 was installed some of your expansions were lost? This happened to me.  I lost many of my expansions. ...

Why Does Spell Check Stop On All The Headings?
Jul 05, 2012

and why did they not address the issue in DQS7?  I mean, so what if the heading is not on the list?  Why does it have to stop on it? or why not let me save it so it doesn't have to stop on it next time? ...

Medical Spell Check Software
Oct 10, 2012

I need an updated medical spell check software - can anyone make recommendations for one that isn't too expensive? Thanks in advance! ...

Medical Spell Check For Android?
Dec 10, 2014

Anyone know of a good Medical Spell Check for Android? My daughter is looking for one for school. Thanks, LadyDianaMT ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Word Show Up On Spell Check That Isn't Even In Your Report?
Sep 11, 2011

Have you ever had a word show up on spell check that isn't even in your report?  I am really baffled by this.   ...

Medical Spell Check For Office 2013
Oct 04, 2014

I just bought a computer with Office 2013 and want a medical spell check on it. Any suggestions? ...

Edit Script Spell Check Question
Jan 07, 2015

This question sounds too stupid to ask my TSM, so I am asking you experienced folks. How do I change my spell check in Edit Script so that it will automatically spell checks words in all caps?  I am banging my head up against the wall - I feel like I have tried everything! Thanks!!! ...

Spell Check Not Catching Double Words
Apr 09, 2015

The spell check in Fluency is not catching/correcting the double words...Help...Thanks. ...