A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Spell checker - nono

Posted: Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks

I just did a google search and found several - try typing medical spell

[ In Reply To ..]
checkers for transcription. I got hits from Medispell, Sylvan, Spellex, and Mediwords just to name a few.

Similar Messages:

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Medical Spell Checker Question
Oct 25, 2011

I have incorporated a medical dictionary into my Word custom dictionary, plus any new words are added into my shorthand program.  I've noticed some companies require you have a medical spell checker.  Any suggestions on a good program to purchase? ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Opinions On Inductel Spell Checker
Feb 15, 2014

Starting a new position and spell checker software is required.  She said that the brand doesn't matter so much as having one.  I used Stedman's in my old position, but it belonged to the company.  I know it isn't Stedman's, which I will be getting soon, but is the Inductel spell checker sufficient to get me through the first pay period until I purchase the Stedman's? ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Free Medical Spell Checker?
Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free?? ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...

FACT CHECKER = WMX MANAGEMENT
Sep 02, 2010

Too late.  Too bad you didn't treat people better when this happened.  It's too late now, your reputation is ruined.  Your company will soon be history.  Then come back and let us know how all that rah-rah cheerleading is workin' for ya! ...

Grammar Checker? But We Have To Do Verbatim.
Apr 17, 2013

Plus more corrections to ASR. Oh goody. ...

Fact Checker - Those Of Us Who Have Read These Boards
Sep 02, 2010

for a while know you must be "that guy" whose responsibility it is to come here and do damage control.  Whenever something big happens in a company or an MT gets a raw deal, there is always someone who attaches themselves to a thread to blame the MT - obviously their quality sucked or clearly they didn't show up for work or everyone else is getting laid off so why not you. Here's the thing - we see you a mile away. The fact that you randomly decided to show up on the boards  ...

Docqscribe Error Message Could Not Deploy Installation Version Checker
May 24, 2011

Hi Everybody.  I am trying to load DocQScribe on my home laptop running Windows 7.  I have followed advice posted by Nan, but I get the error message "Could not deploy installation version checker." Any help regarding how to get this software up and running would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rob  ...

I Hate When They Spell!
Feb 24, 2010

She had moderate malnutrition, which was treated with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube feeds.  However, the patient had a very large tracheostomy stoma and had s/l aerobhagy resulting in severe abdominal distention.  The "aerobhagy" is what she spells.  Any clue what she might be talking about?  ...

Coxytude? Cannot Think Of How To Spell It
Mar 09, 2010

a "coxytude" of medications.   thanks ...

What Is This Drug Name And How Do You Spell It Please?
Mar 17, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to spell a drug name that sounds like Fusefar or Phusefar or something like that? Thanks ...

How Do You Spell This Word?
Apr 21, 2011

s/l sin-knee-key-eye There was (synici) and lateralization of the middle turbinate to the lateral nasal wall.  This was gently medialized removing the (synici) and opening up the ethmoid labyrinth as best as possible.  When I google it doesn't have any idea what I'm trying to say!! thanks. ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

Just Had A Doctor Spell
Feb 18, 2012

"void" - its gonna be a long night... ...

Numbers Or Spell It Out?
Apr 04, 2012

Never get any help here. Never mind. ...

Where Do They Learn To Spell?
Apr 29, 2013

The doc just spelled two drugs:   1. FLORASE 2. SPLRIVA   Flonase and Spiriva   What the????? ...

Why Do Doctors Try To Spell?
Jun 18, 2013

I just had one spell Hydroxycut  "hodroxicud" ...

Please Oh Please Spell Your Kid's Name CORRECTLY!
Aug 11, 2013

Anybody else work for a Peds clinic and get driven CRAZY due to the odd spelling of all of these kid names these days?  It seems like almost every single time, I spell the name wrong and when I check for correction on my list, I always have to change it, which I cannot do until the END of the report!  I am so tired of these names:  Jennipher, Ryleigh, Austen, Allysin, Emilee.  I mean, what was wrong with Jennifer, Riley, Austin, Allison and Emily?  Why did we have to cha ...

Wow Ms. PA Learn To Spell
Dec 31, 2013

Can't spell what is wrong correctly, continually spells it wrong at every turn, and pronounce the rest? Lots of blanks, I'm not leaving a misspelled word in there don't care how many times you spell it wrong. And who am I to correct them? ...

Look What Would Have Gone Through Spell Check
Sep 17, 2014

"extu1ated"  Yes, that's a #1.  That's how it came up in the voice recognition text. ...