A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

psychiatry consult - Sheri Wilson

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

The word I'm having trouble with isn't a medical term, but I'd still greatly appreciate any alternatives anyone can offer.  The paragraph goes like this:

This is a 44-year-old female, divorced 2 years, mother of 2 young adult children, currently living in an apartment by herself.  She spends her time shopping, cooking, and housekeeping.  She ("hates") visits with friends with whom she chats and shops with.

I'm fairly certain the rest of the paragraph is correct (except maybe that she's been divorced 22 years instead of 2, but he broke off like he had made an error in saying 20 and with 2 young adult children, it seemed more logical that it was 2), and it really sounds like he's saying "hates" but that makes absolutely no sense with the rest of the paragraph.  He's breathing into the microphone as he's speaking the word, so I guess it could be anything that sounds remotely like that.  I've tried "takes" or "makes" but I'm really not sure.  I don't have the option of flagging it.  I've thought about this for so long that I can't even come up with anything plausible.  Can anyone help, please?

Thanks so much!

Sheri

also... - Sheri Wilson

[ In Reply To ..]
I forgot to add, a friend of mine listened to it and he thought the word could possibly be "needs" but I hear them both now, on every speed possible.

possibilities - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
makes, takes or has?

I would put "has" - also (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I would remove the second "with" and add a comma to the sentence:

She has visits with friends, with whom she chats and shops.

I would replace hates with has, but leave the sentence as is - has

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm still unsure - Sheri Wilson

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all of the comments...I listened to it again after the "has" ideas, but it definitely sounds like a long A and more of an S sound on the end. It doesn't sound like the other times he uses "has" anywhere else, however, has definitely makes more sense.

one more try - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
relates?
one more try - Sheri Wilson
[ In Reply To ..]
I think you have it! Thanks so much! I've been listening to this for so long that I've been dreaming about it!

Similar Messages:

Please Help, Im Doing An Assignment On Psychiatry.
Nov 11, 2009

Im doing an assignment and its on psych, im getting lost because I don't know if I have to do between the tests , or . or? can someone just explain the rules my teacher never went over this, thanks for the help it's greatly appreciated;     This current psychological evaluation, including a review of intellectual and memory processing was obtained in part, to evaluate for Social Security Disability services.   Tests administered: Wexler adult intelligence scale. (W ...

PSYCHIATRY CONSULTATION HELP
Nov 19, 2009

Because of the combination of illnesses and particularly because of left arm weakness and s/l ("front coordination") as well as memory impairments she fells she cannot return to work doing clerical duties. ...

Child Psychiatry
Feb 02, 2010

The 4-year-old child is being examined for inappropriate sexual contact.  She is noted to be having self ______ behaviors. s/l comenistrative ...

Psychiatry Word Help, Please - SM
Apr 18, 2012

The word I need help with sounds like "inchus."  Doctor dictates: "The patient's cortical plasticity with respect to synaptic pruning, and even now with (s/l inchus) and fractional anisotropy, have clearly reached the end of development." Thank you very, very much!! ...

References For Psychiatry
Apr 26, 2012

About to start doing psychiatry and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for good references and quick guides. ...

Psychiatry Consultation Report
Oct 12, 2009

working on a psychiatry consulation report and there are only a few headings dictated. "History of Present Illness", "Review of Past Medical Records", "Developmental Background", and "Diagnosis". Under "Review of Past Medical Records" there are several paragraphs dictated without headings and each one starts out with "Doctor (doctors name is cut off) diagnosed (or indicates) etc....., examples: Doctor diagnosed head injury, loss of consciousness, bilateral clavicle fractures, right scapula ...

Psychiatry Discharge Summary
Dec 17, 2009

Working on a psych discharge summary from Allied. Not sure if there is a heading such as Psychiatric Examination. Anyone knows of this particular discharge summary, please give me a heads up. Thank you ...

Word Help/ Psychiatry Account
Jun 11, 2013

He is slightly [s/l dyslarselic] which waxes and wanes while talking to him.   Cannot find reference for this word. It is a psychiatric account. ...

Part-time Radiology/psychiatry IC Position
Sep 09, 2010

Just curious if anyone has applied to and heard back from this company, or if anyone is familiar with the person doing the recruiting? TIA!!! ...

Consult
Mar 01, 2012

In this report........although has had some fleeting suicidal thinking, insight and judgement is ____....sounds like fe? I can not figure this out...can anyone help me. It is in Chapter 15:1   Thanks ...

Speech Consult - Thanks Much!
Jan 20, 2010

1) is this the correct way to type the weighted score of 1+3 in this paragraph??  The weighted values for speech symptoms associated with velopharyngeal incompetence, (McWilliams and Phillips) were completed today.  Overall, he received a weighted score of 1 + 3, indicative of a competent-to-borderline competent velopharyngeal mechanism.     ...

Neuro Consult
Nov 12, 2010

Patient presented after passing out while driving.  She has history of tachyarrhythmia and palpitations, well controlled on metoprolol.  She has an abnormal NMR that could represent s/l 'DEE-AH-SONOMIA".     I've googled d, b, v, thee....  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Mitchem Consult (MCN)
Jan 05, 2011

I have been looking for work as a newbie MT and was contacted by Tonya with Mitchem Consult (MCN).  Has anybody ever heard of them?  If so, would you recommend them as a first job?  I know it will take me time to build up my speed, but I want to work.  I find a web site for them, but wanted to know if anybody has ever worked for them or even heard of them! C J ...

Urology Consult
Jun 10, 2011

Epididymides are nontender.  He has pain with inguinal hernia examination.  He has pain with cord manipulation.  He has pain with manipulation of _______ tendon and insertion.  SL gastroc? ...

Word Help: ENT Consult
Mar 31, 2012

"I am unable to advance the scope back into the nasopharynx secondary to scarring but there is no obvious source of bleeding. The scope was advanced into the left nasal cavity and again, there are post surgical changes noted with (s/l KNEE-KEY-A) Any help would be appreciated !! Thanks !! ...

Renal Consult Help
Sep 06, 2012

anybody heard of this.. s/l  C-N-TOES syndrome.  i have searched everywhere.  this is also a foreign dr but this is best i can do phonetically.  thanks so much for the help   Hyponatremia, multifactorial, possibly secondary to hydrochlorothiazide; however, this has been on hold; also secondary with excessive p.o. fluid intake with low solute intake (*------* syndrome). The patient also reports dry mouth which makes her drink fluids constantly. Another possibility wou ...

Neuropsych Consult
Dec 19, 2012

Patient is unable to s/l interset on any mental control tasks.  ...

Regarding Psychiatry, Patient Was Feeling Ill With A Current *couch*??*count* Score Of 13. Nm
May 15, 2013

. ...

This Is From Speech Therapy Consult
Oct 27, 2009

she is very easy to understand and likes using lots of "hard" words.  She keeps repeating this type of sentence - He showed difficulty when given a simple two-sentence scenario and asked questions s/l "per ren".  He appeared to have difficulties understanding simple, "who questions," s/l "per ren".    any help always much appreciated!  ...

Respiratory Failure-consult
Nov 22, 2010

Patient had a positive troponin and severe coronaqry artery disease, severe s/l amora..  Also has severe papillary muscle dysfunction.  Could it be AMR/MR/AMI?  Got me stumped.  Thanks for your help ...

Internal Medicine Consult
Apr 15, 2011

Concern for decreased (s/l Plavix) activity with proton pump inhibitors and will have to check a (s/l PTY 12) if she is to continue on proton pump inhibitors as an outpatient.   ...

Surgery Consult Question
May 15, 2011

The patient is having a knee replacement done.  In the past history section, the doctor dictates as problem number one what sounds like, "parody is 10 073."  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

ID Consult- Patient Will Continue Vancomycin And S/l Ree-pen-in
May 25, 2010

x ...

Dental Consult - Doc Says Dural Exam And Goes On About Sm
Jan 28, 2012

mandible being edentulous.  Is Dural correct? Not confident with what I referenced..Thanx ...

Question- Order Of Headings In Consult/H&P
Aug 26, 2012

I have a couple dictators who dictate impression/plan at the beginning of their reports. This comes through in ASR and so I have been leaving these at the beginning of the report even though it is not the way I was taught to do traditional H&P, consultation reports. I am not on a verbatim account. Also, the client profile does not mention this at all. Is it okay to leave the imp/plan at the top of report, or should I change these? ...

Need An Opinion For Review Of Systems For Patient Consult
Jan 25, 2011

Would you put abdominal aorta aneursym and stent in the neck under cardiovascular for review of systems?  thanks!!   ...

Medicare Inpatient Consult Code/Modifier
May 11, 2012

Can anyone help me with the code used for inpatient consult and a modifier for Medicare? Having reimbursement problems with this one.  Thanks ...

Patient Is DNR And A Hospice S/l *B-dess* Consult Was Called
Jul 19, 2012

Patient is DNR and a hospice s/l *B-dess* consult was called, along with palliative care. ...

Is "AXIS II" In Psychiatry Always Diagnosis Deferred?
Aug 10, 2010

Is "AXIS II" in psychiatry always Diagnosis Deferred? ...

"Floor 2" Disorder? Psychiatry...help, Please. TIA!
May 31, 2011

General checkup with pt complaining his meds were lost through an airline. Pt has a history of receiving pyschiatric therapy. "ASSESSMENT: 1. Sinus congestion. 2. "A Floor 2 disorder." 3. Narcotic abuse.   I really can't tell what she's saying...sounds like "A floor 2" or "left lower tube" disorder. Can anyone help??? I feel like this is one of those easy things that I'm just missing and not thinking of. Thank you! ...