A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question- Order of headings in consult/H&P - mt

Posted: Aug 26, 2012

I have a couple dictators who dictate impression/plan at the beginning of their reports. This comes through in ASR and so I have been leaving these at the beginning of the report even though it is not the way I was taught to do traditional H&P, consultation reports. I am not on a verbatim account. Also, the client profile does not mention this at all. Is it okay to leave the imp/plan at the top of report, or should I change these?

I leave it - not paid to move all that

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal can do back end formatting if they want it different.

I leave it, also - Nothing has ever been said

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on my acct for 11 years. One or two doctors always dictate that way, so I leave it.

Definitely leave it as is - Unless instructed specifically otherwise

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of them just do this. It's their style and it's how they want it. When something isn't mentioned the CP or isn't mentioned otherwise in MM rules, etc., we shouldn't change it.

There is no reason to move it - Not just ONE way to format medical reports

[ In Reply To ..]
There is not just "one way" to format H&Ps and consultations, or any other reports. In fact, there isn't any "standard way" at all.

No rule says you have to do it this way or that way. There are different styles that physicians tend to use based on what was suggested in residencies and on what they see locally and like.

Some facilities may ask their providers to do it one way or another. They may provide the MTs with standard heading templates, and the MT may adjust the content to fit or they might not.

If the physician dictates the impression first, that's fine. Unless your account tells you to move it, leave it where it is. Nothing is wrong with it being there.

What school, if you don't mind answering, taught you to there was only one way to do this?

Yes, only one way to do it. The way the facility wants - it done. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Report order - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all your comments.

I don't remember where I got the idea that there had to be a certain order.

The Order of Things - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we were all sort of "taught" that the impression goes at the bottom, as it's the most common way of doing things. However, there's nothing written in stone.

Similar Messages:

Transcribe Headings In Order Dictated?
Dec 05, 2010

I see this now at the top of some reports.  Anyone have any idea what this means exactly?  I remember reading about it in the DQS 6.1 update, but my screen looks nothing like that.  I've just been transcribing as usual.  ????  Am I missing something? ...

Consult
Mar 01, 2012

In this report........although has had some fleeting suicidal thinking, insight and judgement is ____....sounds like fe? I can not figure this out...can anyone help me. It is in Chapter 15:1   Thanks ...

Speech Consult - Thanks Much!
Jan 20, 2010

1) is this the correct way to type the weighted score of 1+3 in this paragraph??  The weighted values for speech symptoms associated with velopharyngeal incompetence, (McWilliams and Phillips) were completed today.  Overall, he received a weighted score of 1 + 3, indicative of a competent-to-borderline competent velopharyngeal mechanism.     ...

Psychiatry Consult
Apr 06, 2010

The word I'm having trouble with isn't a medical term, but I'd still greatly appreciate any alternatives anyone can offer.  The paragraph goes like this: This is a 44-year-old female, divorced 2 years, mother of 2 young adult children, currently living in an apartment by herself.  She spends her time shopping, cooking, and housekeeping.  She ("hates") visits with friends with whom she chats and shops with. I'm fairly certain the rest of the paragraph is corre ...

Neuro Consult
Nov 12, 2010

Patient presented after passing out while driving.  She has history of tachyarrhythmia and palpitations, well controlled on metoprolol.  She has an abnormal NMR that could represent s/l 'DEE-AH-SONOMIA".     I've googled d, b, v, thee....  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Mitchem Consult (MCN)
Jan 05, 2011

I have been looking for work as a newbie MT and was contacted by Tonya with Mitchem Consult (MCN).  Has anybody ever heard of them?  If so, would you recommend them as a first job?  I know it will take me time to build up my speed, but I want to work.  I find a web site for them, but wanted to know if anybody has ever worked for them or even heard of them! C J ...

Urology Consult
Jun 10, 2011

Epididymides are nontender.  He has pain with inguinal hernia examination.  He has pain with cord manipulation.  He has pain with manipulation of _______ tendon and insertion.  SL gastroc? ...

Word Help: ENT Consult
Mar 31, 2012

"I am unable to advance the scope back into the nasopharynx secondary to scarring but there is no obvious source of bleeding. The scope was advanced into the left nasal cavity and again, there are post surgical changes noted with (s/l KNEE-KEY-A) Any help would be appreciated !! Thanks !! ...

Renal Consult Help
Sep 06, 2012

anybody heard of this.. s/l  C-N-TOES syndrome.  i have searched everywhere.  this is also a foreign dr but this is best i can do phonetically.  thanks so much for the help   Hyponatremia, multifactorial, possibly secondary to hydrochlorothiazide; however, this has been on hold; also secondary with excessive p.o. fluid intake with low solute intake (*------* syndrome). The patient also reports dry mouth which makes her drink fluids constantly. Another possibility wou ...

Neuropsych Consult
Dec 19, 2012

Patient is unable to s/l interset on any mental control tasks.  ...

This Is From Speech Therapy Consult
Oct 27, 2009

she is very easy to understand and likes using lots of "hard" words.  She keeps repeating this type of sentence - He showed difficulty when given a simple two-sentence scenario and asked questions s/l "per ren".  He appeared to have difficulties understanding simple, "who questions," s/l "per ren".    any help always much appreciated!  ...

Respiratory Failure-consult
Nov 22, 2010

Patient had a positive troponin and severe coronaqry artery disease, severe s/l amora..  Also has severe papillary muscle dysfunction.  Could it be AMR/MR/AMI?  Got me stumped.  Thanks for your help ...

Internal Medicine Consult
Apr 15, 2011

Concern for decreased (s/l Plavix) activity with proton pump inhibitors and will have to check a (s/l PTY 12) if she is to continue on proton pump inhibitors as an outpatient.   ...

Surgery Consult Question
May 15, 2011

The patient is having a knee replacement done.  In the past history section, the doctor dictates as problem number one what sounds like, "parody is 10 073."  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Dictating Out Of Order
Dec 07, 2009

This is driving me crazy!  My main account has several docs that dictate their review of systems and PE out of body system order, like instead of the neck head down, they dictate the abdomen or extremities first.  ...

(s/l) *low Order* Ramp...SM
Aug 29, 2010

The patient exercised today on a 2-minute children’s treadmill protocol.  I chose this protocol since there is (s/l) *low-order* or *well-order* ramp which I thought would be less likely to cause pelvic discomfort. ...

First, Second, Third-order... Angiography
May 02, 2011

Can anybody enlighten me on what is meant by the first-order.... angiography?  I've been trying to google it and it doesn't really explain. ...

Job Order Question
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone know the order in which we get our jobs?  I mean I know that they are not first come first serve because the times are off.  Thanks! ...

Where Can I Order Headphones
Dec 30, 2014

Where can I order headphones that are of good quality and will not need a second mortgage to afford?  Thanks ...

ID Consult- Patient Will Continue Vancomycin And S/l Ree-pen-in
May 25, 2010

x ...

Dental Consult - Doc Says Dural Exam And Goes On About Sm
Jan 28, 2012

mandible being edentulous.  Is Dural correct? Not confident with what I referenced..Thanx ...

Will Order _____ Legionella
Jan 15, 2010

Dictator says:  I will order ____ legionella.  It sounds like for-seat-um legionella. ...

Order Of Reference Materials
May 07, 2010

I know I have come across the answer to this question in the past, but can't seem to put my fingers on it now......  1.  CP   2/3.  BOS then Standards OR Standards then BOS?  In reference to the q.h.s. question...  since all 3 references usually appear somewhere on each CP, would not q.h.s.  vs nightly depend on the order of reference materials used?  The vast majority of my CPs have "BOS and Standards" at top and JCAHO at the bottom. ...

What Software Do I Need In Order To Get A Few Clients Of My Own?
Jun 20, 2013

I was just wondering if I wanted to acquire a few clients on my own, what type of software do I need besides something like Express Scribe?  Those of you who have your own accounts, what do you use?   Thank you :) ...

Need An Opinion For Review Of Systems For Patient Consult
Jan 25, 2011

Would you put abdominal aorta aneursym and stent in the neck under cardiovascular for review of systems?  thanks!!   ...

Medicare Inpatient Consult Code/Modifier
May 11, 2012

Can anyone help me with the code used for inpatient consult and a modifier for Medicare? Having reimbursement problems with this one.  Thanks ...

Patient Is DNR And A Hospice S/l *B-dess* Consult Was Called
Jul 19, 2012

Patient is DNR and a hospice s/l *B-dess* consult was called, along with palliative care. ...

How Do I Upgrade In Order To See Swap Board? NM
Apr 09, 2010

No message ...

Why Aren't The Archives In Date Order?
Oct 31, 2011

Looking through archives here for info on a couple of companies, who uses ChartNet and so forth... there is NO order to the way posts are listed.  Why is that?  It should be an easy fix and soooooooooo helpful! ...

Flip Switch In Order To Use 2 Computers
Oct 29, 2012

Just bought Flip USB with audio KVM switch in order to be able to have 1 dedicated computer for work only and the other computer for unrelated work items. Have never used one of these before and just wondering if you were in your work program on 1, if you switch over to the other computer for say checking email, does the work computer shut down? I would hate for that to happen and perhaps lose work. Thanks. ...