A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

renal consult help - dm

Posted: Sep 06, 2012

anybody heard of this.. s/l  C-N-TOES syndrome.  i have searched everywhere.  this is also a foreign dr but this is best i can do phonetically.  thanks so much for the help

Hyponatremia, multifactorial, possibly secondary to hydrochlorothiazide; however, this has been on hold; also secondary with excessive p.o. fluid intake with low solute intake (*------* syndrome). The patient also reports dry mouth which makes her drink fluids constantly. Another possibility would be syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone since her urine osmolarity is not as low as expected.

SIADH or Sjogren's - that's all I can think of - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

tea and toast syndrome? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

OMG- u are good - dm

[ In Reply To ..]
i have never heard of "tea and toast syndrome" in all my years. thank you very much

Glad to help! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember first hearing it a long time ago and it took me forever to figure out what they were dictating. Needless to say, it's not something I will forget! :)

Wow! You are good. I've never heard of that. Thank you for posting! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

i wish it was that easy - dm

[ In Reply To ..]
but SIADH is not it. thanks tho for the help

Similar Messages:

Is It Cross Fused Renal Ectopia Or Crossed Fused Renal Ectopia?
Sep 19, 2012

Thought it was cross-fused renal ectopia (with hyphen?) but when searching I see a ton of references to crossed fused renal ectopia. Anyone with a reliable source to verify or can you explain why one versus the other? Thanks! ...

Consult
Mar 01, 2012

In this report........although has had some fleeting suicidal thinking, insight and judgement is ____....sounds like fe? I can not figure this out...can anyone help me. It is in Chapter 15:1   Thanks ...

Speech Consult - Thanks Much!
Jan 20, 2010

1) is this the correct way to type the weighted score of 1+3 in this paragraph??  The weighted values for speech symptoms associated with velopharyngeal incompetence, (McWilliams and Phillips) were completed today.  Overall, he received a weighted score of 1 + 3, indicative of a competent-to-borderline competent velopharyngeal mechanism.     ...

Psychiatry Consult
Apr 06, 2010

The word I'm having trouble with isn't a medical term, but I'd still greatly appreciate any alternatives anyone can offer.  The paragraph goes like this: This is a 44-year-old female, divorced 2 years, mother of 2 young adult children, currently living in an apartment by herself.  She spends her time shopping, cooking, and housekeeping.  She ("hates") visits with friends with whom she chats and shops with. I'm fairly certain the rest of the paragraph is corre ...

Neuro Consult
Nov 12, 2010

Patient presented after passing out while driving.  She has history of tachyarrhythmia and palpitations, well controlled on metoprolol.  She has an abnormal NMR that could represent s/l 'DEE-AH-SONOMIA".     I've googled d, b, v, thee....  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Mitchem Consult (MCN)
Jan 05, 2011

I have been looking for work as a newbie MT and was contacted by Tonya with Mitchem Consult (MCN).  Has anybody ever heard of them?  If so, would you recommend them as a first job?  I know it will take me time to build up my speed, but I want to work.  I find a web site for them, but wanted to know if anybody has ever worked for them or even heard of them! C J ...

Urology Consult
Jun 10, 2011

Epididymides are nontender.  He has pain with inguinal hernia examination.  He has pain with cord manipulation.  He has pain with manipulation of _______ tendon and insertion.  SL gastroc? ...

Word Help: ENT Consult
Mar 31, 2012

"I am unable to advance the scope back into the nasopharynx secondary to scarring but there is no obvious source of bleeding. The scope was advanced into the left nasal cavity and again, there are post surgical changes noted with (s/l KNEE-KEY-A) Any help would be appreciated !! Thanks !! ...

Neuropsych Consult
Dec 19, 2012

Patient is unable to s/l interset on any mental control tasks.  ...

This Is From Speech Therapy Consult
Oct 27, 2009

she is very easy to understand and likes using lots of "hard" words.  She keeps repeating this type of sentence - He showed difficulty when given a simple two-sentence scenario and asked questions s/l "per ren".  He appeared to have difficulties understanding simple, "who questions," s/l "per ren".    any help always much appreciated!  ...

Respiratory Failure-consult
Nov 22, 2010

Patient had a positive troponin and severe coronaqry artery disease, severe s/l amora..  Also has severe papillary muscle dysfunction.  Could it be AMR/MR/AMI?  Got me stumped.  Thanks for your help ...

Internal Medicine Consult
Apr 15, 2011

Concern for decreased (s/l Plavix) activity with proton pump inhibitors and will have to check a (s/l PTY 12) if she is to continue on proton pump inhibitors as an outpatient.   ...

Surgery Consult Question
May 15, 2011

The patient is having a knee replacement done.  In the past history section, the doctor dictates as problem number one what sounds like, "parody is 10 073."  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

ID Consult- Patient Will Continue Vancomycin And S/l Ree-pen-in
May 25, 2010

x ...

Dental Consult - Doc Says Dural Exam And Goes On About Sm
Jan 28, 2012

mandible being edentulous.  Is Dural correct? Not confident with what I referenced..Thanx ...

Question- Order Of Headings In Consult/H&P
Aug 26, 2012

I have a couple dictators who dictate impression/plan at the beginning of their reports. This comes through in ASR and so I have been leaving these at the beginning of the report even though it is not the way I was taught to do traditional H&P, consultation reports. I am not on a verbatim account. Also, the client profile does not mention this at all. Is it okay to leave the imp/plan at the top of report, or should I change these? ...

Need An Opinion For Review Of Systems For Patient Consult
Jan 25, 2011

Would you put abdominal aorta aneursym and stent in the neck under cardiovascular for review of systems?  thanks!!   ...

Medicare Inpatient Consult Code/Modifier
May 11, 2012

Can anyone help me with the code used for inpatient consult and a modifier for Medicare? Having reimbursement problems with this one.  Thanks ...

Patient Is DNR And A Hospice S/l *B-dess* Consult Was Called
Jul 19, 2012

Patient is DNR and a hospice s/l *B-dess* consult was called, along with palliative care. ...

Renal Transplant
Nov 25, 2009

MD dictated ?canabaric? renal transplant --- Any ideas? ...

Renal Disese
Mar 24, 2010

Which is correct, "medicorenal" or "medical renal" disease? ...

S/L Renal DisESSens
Oct 31, 2010

Patient with severe stenosis of upper ureter. "We had talked about various options for repair, including primary ureteral repair if possible with renal s/l disESSens." ...

Renal Ultrasound
Mar 07, 2012

The corticomedullary differentiation appears maintained, though, please keep in mind that the (___) secondary to patient body habitus.   1. corticomedually is it spelled correctly or is it cortico-medullary? 2. should there be a comma before and after , thought,?   ...

Renal Sonogram
May 06, 2014

s/l medulocortical area???? ...

Pt With End-stage Renal Disease
Mar 14, 2010

Patient is a 43-year-old man with a history of end-stage renal disease, status post cadaveric renal transplant in ___.  Patient had multiple episodes of increased (sl corrented) and rejection and had been treated with steroids in the past. Thanks!! ...

End Stage Renal Disease
Nov 21, 2010

Sentence reads.........his  s/l  "INR and PDQ" were both above 90.  Can find INR but PDQ?  Any suggestions?  Thanks so much for your time.  Finnie ...

Re: Renal Ultrasound Report/BPH
Dec 03, 2010

#1: I wanted to know if this sounds like the correct phrase?  "EXAM: Renal ultrasound. HISTORY: (S/l "Focal"?) destructive BPH.  TECHNIQUE: Multiple images were taken of both kidneys and the bladder."   #2: In the same report, I see under findings that it says right after dictating the size of the kidneys: "No other (?) noted." Would that be "No other deficits noted" ? #3: Should the word be just typed as "symmetric" or "symmetrical"? I think symmetrical sounds better but wa ...

Nuc Med Renal Function W/Lasix
Dec 27, 2011

This is a dictator who's not fond of articles, conjunctions or verbs.  Have transcribed as dictated.  Can anyone please tell me what the "INT" might mean here?  It sounds pretty clear but could be "IMT".  Many thanks.  Kidney area, in cm2 (sq cm): left - 42.39, right - 42.39.  Perfusion percent INT: left - 56.49, right 43.51 Perfusion percent (slope): left - 79.18, right 20.82  ...

Stage Of Renal Disease
Jan 16, 2012

Are stages of kidney stage transcribed as roman numerals or arabic numbers? ...

Cerebral And Renal S/l Thermanetics
Apr 16, 2013

I already sent this in as blank, just wondering if anybody knows, spent a long time researching, cannot find.  It sounded like pressure measurements of the cerebral and renal arteries.  Sentence was "Cerebral thermanetics ranged from 22 to 39.  Renal thermanetics ranged from XX to XX."  Can't remember numbers now.  Anybody know?  Was in the cardio section of report. Thanks. ...