A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

References for psychiatry - anony

Posted: Apr 26, 2012

About to start doing psychiatry and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for good references and quick guides.

Here is a website to get you started... Sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medword.com/psychiatry.html

This has some sample psych reports. Hope this helps! I love psych and find it absolutely fascinating. :)

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :) nm - anony

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :) nm - anony

[ In Reply To ..]

and good luck! I did them many years ago. you will love them. - never a dull movement with those. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
lucky gal! I'd love to do them again but my experience now is too remote and I never get picked up.

Thanks. This is a new doc, so I might need some luck. :) nm - anony

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Please Help, Im Doing An Assignment On Psychiatry.
Nov 11, 2009

Im doing an assignment and its on psych, im getting lost because I don't know if I have to do between the tests , or . or? can someone just explain the rules my teacher never went over this, thanks for the help it's greatly appreciated;     This current psychological evaluation, including a review of intellectual and memory processing was obtained in part, to evaluate for Social Security Disability services.   Tests administered: Wexler adult intelligence scale. (W ...

PSYCHIATRY CONSULTATION HELP
Nov 19, 2009

Because of the combination of illnesses and particularly because of left arm weakness and s/l ("front coordination") as well as memory impairments she fells she cannot return to work doing clerical duties. ...

Child Psychiatry
Feb 02, 2010

The 4-year-old child is being examined for inappropriate sexual contact.  She is noted to be having self ______ behaviors. s/l comenistrative ...

Psychiatry Consult
Apr 06, 2010

The word I'm having trouble with isn't a medical term, but I'd still greatly appreciate any alternatives anyone can offer.  The paragraph goes like this: This is a 44-year-old female, divorced 2 years, mother of 2 young adult children, currently living in an apartment by herself.  She spends her time shopping, cooking, and housekeeping.  She ("hates") visits with friends with whom she chats and shops with. I'm fairly certain the rest of the paragraph is corre ...

Psychiatry Word Help, Please - SM
Apr 18, 2012

The word I need help with sounds like "inchus."  Doctor dictates: "The patient's cortical plasticity with respect to synaptic pruning, and even now with (s/l inchus) and fractional anisotropy, have clearly reached the end of development." Thank you very, very much!! ...

Psychiatry Consultation Report
Oct 12, 2009

working on a psychiatry consulation report and there are only a few headings dictated. "History of Present Illness", "Review of Past Medical Records", "Developmental Background", and "Diagnosis". Under "Review of Past Medical Records" there are several paragraphs dictated without headings and each one starts out with "Doctor (doctors name is cut off) diagnosed (or indicates) etc....., examples: Doctor diagnosed head injury, loss of consciousness, bilateral clavicle fractures, right scapula ...

Psychiatry Discharge Summary
Dec 17, 2009

Working on a psych discharge summary from Allied. Not sure if there is a heading such as Psychiatric Examination. Anyone knows of this particular discharge summary, please give me a heads up. Thank you ...

Word Help/ Psychiatry Account
Jun 11, 2013

He is slightly [s/l dyslarselic] which waxes and wanes while talking to him.   Cannot find reference for this word. It is a psychiatric account. ...

References
Jul 18, 2013

I have had NUMEROUS MT jobs and I usually "jump ship" when things get bad, work runs out, etc., and it has gotten to the point where I have no references that I feel would say positive things.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I am actually trying to get a job in the "outside world" but everyone wants "references" and it is hard to explain that these transcription companies are not even in my same state, they no absolutely nothing about me, so it makes it very difficult.   ...

No References?
Apr 24, 2014

Okay, so what do you do if you have no "work" references because every company you have worked for previously has gone out of business?   They specifically want "work" references, not personal (no friends, relatives, clergy, etc.)   ...

Better Have 3 References
Sep 27, 2014

I could not upload my application and resume due to not having 3 references.  ...

Part-time Radiology/psychiatry IC Position
Sep 09, 2010

Just curious if anyone has applied to and heard back from this company, or if anyone is familiar with the person doing the recruiting? TIA!!! ...

ORTHOPEDIC REFERENCES
Mar 26, 2010

I am going to start doing orthopedics next week and I am just wondering does anyone have any reference websites they would share. Thanks in advance. ...

Pharmaceutical References
Nov 13, 2014

Does anyone recommend a good website to refer to when looking up generic/brand name drugs?  JMJ ...

Why So Much Pressure About References?
Jan 18, 2015

I'm baffled...I applied with Patient First through Careerbuilder.  I had recruiters pursuing me for months, I get back to them and they tell me I'll be coming to Virginia for testing that I did awesome on the first test, yada yada yada...then I get a call from HR because I didn't fill out the profile on the Patient First website, and now they're all gung ho about references!  I worked at the same MTSO for over 6 years - there's a lot of turnover in MTSO's, ...

About References. MT Over 25 Years And Have None
Mar 25, 2015

I initially went to work as an MT in-house for a practice in 1990.  They outsourced to a company that I went to work for in 2000.  The medical practice was bought by a hospital, so switched their work to another facility.  I continued to work at home for CyMed.  They were sold to SPi, who eventually closed shop.  I left in 2009 to work for Meridian Health Solutions.  In 2013, Meridian sold out to MM, and here I sit at MM, who states they ONLY verify employment, and ...

On Line References
May 31, 2015

Are there any programs/books you could recommend that go the computer.  I had retired, but now seeking work again and unfortunately got rid of my reference books!  Thanks ...

Neurology & Neurosurgery References
Feb 26, 2010

I am picking up a new clinic and I am hoping those of you who have been doing Neuro/Neurosurg might be able to suggest some of your favorite links for these specialties.  I am very excited about the new clinic, but pretty nervous too.  There is so much to learn.   Any ideas on where I can find the best references in these fields?  Thanks in advance.... ...

CMT Exam, No References For Transcription?
Nov 28, 2010

Is it true that on the CMT exam, during the transcription portion, that you cannot use any references or a spellchecker? If so, how is that even possible? ...

Question About Cypress References
Aug 03, 2012

The job wtih Cypress sounds interesting; however, I am just curious about the references being "physician references."  I have been working at home for about 20 years and my references are all MTSO-type references.  Do they overlook this or does it actually have to be doctors?   Thanks. ...

Nuance Horrible For References
Feb 12, 2014

Nuance is horrible for giving references needed for new job but should have figured.  Now they are holding me back from getting another job how nice, glad they can manage ti pay their bills but hold others back frim doing the same!!! ...

Regarding Psychiatry, Patient Was Feeling Ill With A Current *couch*??*count* Score Of 13. Nm
May 15, 2013

. ...

How Do I List Professional References On A Job App If I Don't Know My Coworkers?
Sep 04, 2012

I have worked at home for 15+ years and other than occasional email exchanges between me and a supervisor I have no contact with other people at my company or even on my account.  I was filling out a job application the other day and it wanted three professional references other than the supervisors.  I was completely lost and had to leave it blank.  Has anyone else run into this, and how do you handle it? ...

Legal Transcription - Good Website References
May 16, 2012

Hi!  I used to work for MQ, frequented this board often and appreciated the sound advice.  I have since retired from the medical transcription industry.  Recently I was asked to transcribe some recorded conversations that will ultimately be read aloud in court for a child custody case.  I'm not worried about the actual transcribing, just about proper formatting and such.  I would also like to know an approximate amount to charge, i.e., by the line, by the page, by the hour, etc.?  C ...

Help? I Need Two Names To Give As References. I Live In The Country
Feb 09, 2013

supervisor at a company I've been with for years, the others having disappeared with a wave of the corporate wand at various times. I haven't told her I'm leaving yet and am a little afraid of the reaction; she's good at her job but can be...volatile. So, if anyone could help me, please e-mail, and I'd be happy to reciprocate.  ...

Getting References Is Hard When All The MTSOs I Worked For Are Closed
Mar 25, 2013

So I'm applying for a substitute position with my local school system and they want two professional references.  I don't want to ask the current MTSO I work for, nor the physicians in my private accounts.  I've worked for this MTSO for 5 years, a pretty significant length of time considering.  So I'm looking at my resume over the last 10 years and there are five companies closed/bought out. I have been in contact with a company I worked for from 1997 to 2003 ...

Is "AXIS II" In Psychiatry Always Diagnosis Deferred?
Aug 10, 2010

Is "AXIS II" in psychiatry always Diagnosis Deferred? ...

"Floor 2" Disorder? Psychiatry...help, Please. TIA!
May 31, 2011

General checkup with pt complaining his meds were lost through an airline. Pt has a history of receiving pyschiatric therapy. "ASSESSMENT: 1. Sinus congestion. 2. "A Floor 2 disorder." 3. Narcotic abuse.   I really can't tell what she's saying...sounds like "A floor 2" or "left lower tube" disorder. Can anyone help??? I feel like this is one of those easy things that I'm just missing and not thinking of. Thank you! ...

"5 Professional References"
May 03, 2012

Isn't that a bit of overkill? ...