A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

left "perineal" craniotomy and excisional biopsy of suprasellar tumor. - ??

Posted: Oct 04, 2013

As dictated:  Left "perineal" craniotomy and excisional biopsy of suprasellar tumor.

On separate operative report, it is listed as transnasal, transclival resection of retroclival mass.

Should it be parietal craniotomy or is "perineal" right? 

try pterional craniotomy nm - oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

You are a genius. Thanks! - :)

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I just had that about an hour ago! n/m - Momof2

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Excisional Biopsy
Apr 09, 2015

The small (s/l ranch) in the extensor mechanism was opened up. ...

Biopsy Report Reveals Fibrocystic Disease On The Right, Ductal CA On The Left. A S/l Resert Test Stu
Feb 06, 2010

I am hearing something like "resert" test study - any ideas? Thank you ...

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

Leap Biopsy Or Leep Biopsy For HPV
May 18, 2010

I see that there is a LEEP procedure but unsure because I see the 2 terms unsed interchangeably when I googled.   Thanks ...

Craniotomy Help
Apr 02, 2010

The s/l "tenent" extruded through the craniotomy flap. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Craniotomy: S/l By-call Gel
Mar 10, 2010

"We then opened the dura and reflected it inferiorly.  The dura was protected with s/l Bichol/bycall/bical gel to prevent dessication."  STUCK!!!  cannot find anything near this --- anybody??? ...

2 Terms In A Craniotomy With Removal Of Hematoma??
Aug 29, 2011

New ones on me: _______with intraoperative Doppler S/L incination or encination - guess it could be uncination but does not s/l that at all   Recurrent arteries of ______were identified bilaterally and then working through the frontal gyrus.... S/L huminer   Just curious - anyone know? ...

Perineal Or Peroneal
Dec 16, 2009

Sensation shows a little right lateral calf tingling (history of perinoplasty), which could be perineal or L5.     do I have this right?  Perineal versus peroneal.  I assume it is right because I could not find a peroneoplasty procedure anywhere.   wasn't sure perineal would have to do with calf tingling??   thanks ...

Perineal Exam--heading In PE
Feb 18, 2010

I have a couple of doctors who dictate without giving headings--I'm supposed to add these.  What heading would I put "perineal exam" under in this report? He dictates it after the abdominal exam, but would that be the appropriate section to put this under?  I thought of pelvic, but it really isn't a pelvic (female patient). ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Transverse Vaginal Septum Resection Perineal ?
Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks. ...

The Patient Is Positioned In The S/l *Speckter" Or *Speckler" Head Clamps (craniotomy)
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

S/l "perineal Brevis Amonus Tendon"
Apr 08, 2010

doing MRI of the hind foot.  s/l doc is saying perineal brevis amonus tendon.  i know the perineal brevis is right but not sure what he is saying after brevis ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Tumor Registry
Jun 29, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has a background in what I have always called Tumor Registry?  I have been an MT for 30+ years, and have been around Tumor Registrars my entire professional life so I have a pretty good idea of the position but just in the hospital setting.  With all the changes happening in the MT industry, Tumor Registry has come across my path several times lately, just at the time I was thinking about this as my second career.  When I was a young MT I always thought i ...

Huner Tumor?
Apr 28, 2010

s/l Huner's tumor (Heuner/Hyuner) related to petechiae and interstitial cystitis....I must be spelling wrong...can't find anything like it anywhere! ...

MRI Of The Brain Tumor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working on an x-ray report for an MRI of a brain tumor.  I have looked on the internet and many medical books.  There are 3 words that I cannot figure out. 1st sentence:  On the pregadolinium coronal thin slice images through the sella, some residual soft tissue prominence is identified within the sella.  Appearing more prominent to the patient's right than to the left.  This idia enhances with gadolinium administration and corresponding today's stud ...

Fibroid Tumor
Apr 28, 2011

A hysterectomy was done in her 20’s due to a large fibroid tumor and s/l "menorajah."  Thanks for any help! ...

Tumor Of The Abdomen
Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!   ...

Spinal Tumor Help Please
Mar 06, 2012

Proceeding with our resection with an imminently (sounds llike) "suckable" tumor.. We then opened the arachnoid and the (sounds like) "suckable" tumor was then seen. Resectable would make sense but I just don't hear that Re in there... ...

S/l Hurley Tumor
Nov 24, 2013

Anyone ever heard of this?  No context, just a list in past medical history :-( ...

Breast Tumor Marking
Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."   This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.   Thanks. ...

S/l Gormus Tumor (see Post)
Jul 14, 2010

...a mass on the tip of the finger.  There is a small, firm nodule there that is quite sensitive.  At first, I thought this might be a s/l gor-mus tumor; however, there is a lack of coloration and cold sensitivity. ...

Tumor Debulking With S/l Cusis
Apr 26, 2011

pt with stage 4 ovarian CA.  Underwent TAH-BSO and tumor debulking with "coosis, kusis, cushis."  he says it quite clearly -- anyone??  TIA ...

Certified Tumor Registrar
Jun 09, 2011

I have a question, if someone would be so kind. What is the protocol of becoming a Certified Tumor Registrar? Does this happen after one has been coding for awhile? Are there certain credentials? I have researched online and am still confused. Thank you! ...

Tumor Marker Question
Nov 14, 2012

Dictated "CEA was elevated at 29, CA 15.3 at 1938, and CA 27.29 was elevated at the outset at 2243." My questions are regarding the CA 15.3 of "1938" and the CA 27.29 of "2243." Should they be "19.38" and "22.43" or "1938" and "2243"? When I'm googling the reference ranges for CA 15.3, a value of 19.38 doesn't seem to be elevated; neither does a value of 22.43 for CA 27.29. But.. 1938 and 2243 seem awfully high. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!!! ...

Cancer Tumor Registrar
Apr 30, 2015

Are there any CTRs out there?  If so, are you working from home?  I'd appreciate some input.  Have been taking classes and about ready to take the certification. ...