A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Breast tumor marking - MSmt

Posted: Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."

This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.

Thanks.

technetium sulfur colloid nm - Babs

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Thanks! - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

breast tumor - radmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe he is saying technetium sulfur colloid.

This is used to identify sites of tumor development.

Similar Messages:

Breast Tumor Markers. Doc Dictates "CA27 Point 29" Then "CA15 Dash 3"
Oct 19, 2011

It just looks odd with two different ways?  Is there a standard? ...

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

The Left Breast Remains Swollen Compared To The Right Breast With Some S/l Po Durage Changes Of The
Dec 19, 2009

xx ...

Surgery Marking Pen
Jan 26, 2010

Hard to understand doc is performing a mastectomy with what sounds like a "ski margin pen".  Any idea of what kind of marker pen he is using? ...

How Are YOU Marking The End Of Your MT Career?
Feb 09, 2012

Yes, joyfully, I am getting OUT.  Big transition.  But, I'm realizing - it's a milestone - and I feel the need to mark it in some way, or commemorate it, or honor it, or SOMETHING.  You know, (humor alert) a fake funeral where I bury my work computer, or get a trinket for a charm bracelet - I'm not coming up with any good ideas. Anyone else getting out, marking this milestone in some way? ...

Question About QA Marking ISR Expansion
Sep 16, 2013

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I got 0.25 taken off for the dictator having dictated "temp" and the report having "temperature." Had I typed it from scratch I would have typed temp, but the ISR did it and it said "temperature," so I did not change it. Are we actually supposed to shorten the expansions perpetrated by the ISR? Now if the ISR expands BPH to benign prostatic hypertrophy I know to change it back to BPH (I have actually come across this - you think they would mak ...

EMDAT - CTRL Q Goes To QA But I Cannot Find Anything On Marking Blanks
May 10, 2010

Hello!  I am about to test for a company that uses EMDAT (have not used this software in some time.  I am wondering how do you mark a blank.   The rest I think will come back to me.  I know CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks. TIA. ...

Tumor Registry
Jun 29, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has a background in what I have always called Tumor Registry?  I have been an MT for 30+ years, and have been around Tumor Registrars my entire professional life so I have a pretty good idea of the position but just in the hospital setting.  With all the changes happening in the MT industry, Tumor Registry has come across my path several times lately, just at the time I was thinking about this as my second career.  When I was a young MT I always thought i ...

Huner Tumor?
Apr 28, 2010

s/l Huner's tumor (Heuner/Hyuner) related to petechiae and interstitial cystitis....I must be spelling wrong...can't find anything like it anywhere! ...

MRI Of The Brain Tumor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working on an x-ray report for an MRI of a brain tumor.  I have looked on the internet and many medical books.  There are 3 words that I cannot figure out. 1st sentence:  On the pregadolinium coronal thin slice images through the sella, some residual soft tissue prominence is identified within the sella.  Appearing more prominent to the patient's right than to the left.  This idia enhances with gadolinium administration and corresponding today's stud ...

Fibroid Tumor
Apr 28, 2011

A hysterectomy was done in her 20’s due to a large fibroid tumor and s/l "menorajah."  Thanks for any help! ...

Tumor Of The Abdomen
Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!   ...

Spinal Tumor Help Please
Mar 06, 2012

Proceeding with our resection with an imminently (sounds llike) "suckable" tumor.. We then opened the arachnoid and the (sounds like) "suckable" tumor was then seen. Resectable would make sense but I just don't hear that Re in there... ...

S/l Hurley Tumor
Nov 24, 2013

Anyone ever heard of this?  No context, just a list in past medical history :-( ...

S/l Gormus Tumor (see Post)
Jul 14, 2010

...a mass on the tip of the finger.  There is a small, firm nodule there that is quite sensitive.  At first, I thought this might be a s/l gor-mus tumor; however, there is a lack of coloration and cold sensitivity. ...

Tumor Debulking With S/l Cusis
Apr 26, 2011

pt with stage 4 ovarian CA.  Underwent TAH-BSO and tumor debulking with "coosis, kusis, cushis."  he says it quite clearly -- anyone??  TIA ...

Certified Tumor Registrar
Jun 09, 2011

I have a question, if someone would be so kind. What is the protocol of becoming a Certified Tumor Registrar? Does this happen after one has been coding for awhile? Are there certain credentials? I have researched online and am still confused. Thank you! ...

Tumor Marker Question
Nov 14, 2012

Dictated "CEA was elevated at 29, CA 15.3 at 1938, and CA 27.29 was elevated at the outset at 2243." My questions are regarding the CA 15.3 of "1938" and the CA 27.29 of "2243." Should they be "19.38" and "22.43" or "1938" and "2243"? When I'm googling the reference ranges for CA 15.3, a value of 19.38 doesn't seem to be elevated; neither does a value of 22.43 for CA 27.29. But.. 1938 and 2243 seem awfully high. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!!! ...

Cancer Tumor Registrar
Apr 30, 2015

Are there any CTRs out there?  If so, are you working from home?  I'd appreciate some input.  Have been taking classes and about ready to take the certification. ...

Debulking Tumor Using S/l Kuza Or Kruza?
Aug 06, 2010

Significant internal debulking of the tumor was performed using the ___, and thereafter the tumor capsule was folded onto itself carefully. This is a tumor on the spinal cord.  THANKS! ...

Simvastatin Therapy For Pituitary Tumor?
Jun 11, 2011

It sounds like the doc is dictating "simvastatin therapy" for treatment of a pituitary tumor.  Does this make sense? ...

MRI Of Brain Tumor With Indian Accent
May 15, 2011

Any help is appreciated.  I'm stuck on 2 words. 1. Sagittal T1-weighted images were followed by axial proton density and T2-weighted images.  Subsequently, formal T1-weighted images were followed by postgadolinium. 2. On the nongadolinium enhanced T2-weighted images, increase signal is identified within the left sphenoid sinus.  This is probably related to a transphenodial pituitary; this concession in this patient. I know these aren't the correct words but they sound ...

Sounds Like Stage PT1, N0, M Tumor Size
May 14, 2012

doc states in patient with thyroid papillary cancer "stage PT1, N0, M tumor size 1.1...   Never heard it like this before....Does this sound right? ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar (CTR)?
May 21, 2014

I just got a flier in the mail from AHIMA about becoming a CTR or Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar.  I have never heard of this and so my curioisty is piqued.  My question is could this be another career or is it another way AHIMA is trying to get money out of us?  I am not sure if the hospitals or clinics in my area would need a CTR but I will also be doing my research!  Thanks! ...

Brain Surgery For Tumor Resection
Jun 09, 2014

I am typing a surgery for brain tumor resection using Stealth navigation system, looking for a word that sounds like "Luken's trap." I cannot verify this.  ...

Drug S/l Fec-ta-vic...pat Has Colon Mets And Liver Tumor
Sep 02, 2010

. ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar Online
May 23, 2014

I received some information in the mail on how to become a certified cancer tumor registrar by training online.  That's a possible alternative to this work for some.  The website is ahima.org/crm. ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

S/l Salingo Ilisin Tumor, Needs Octreotide Scan, Sound Familiar?
Feb 03, 2010

. ...

MR Arthrogram With S/l "marcaine Challange" Marking Challange?? Anyone?
Aug 04, 2014