A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Spinal tumor help please - cant pass through what I think double checking

Posted: Mar 06, 2012

Proceeding with our resection with an imminently (sounds llike) "suckable" tumor..

We then opened the arachnoid and the (sounds like) "suckable" tumor was then seen.

Resectable would make sense but I just don't hear that Re in there...

soft tumor is another way to say - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
suckable. They will suck it out rather than use laser or scalpel. There is a whole grading system for tumors that are suckable versus nonsuckable.

thank you,,never saw that term used but QA changed it to suckable - I know for next time thats for sure

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

S/p Spinal What?
Aug 02, 2011

This patient s/p left radical nephrectomy, partial colostomy, adrenalectomy, s/l spinal pexy, and omental wrap w/ postoperative respiratory insufficiency.  Can anyone fill in that blank for me?  Much appreciated!! ...

S/l Pan Spinal Pain
Oct 29, 2009

history of ulcerative colitis status post colectomy who has panspinal pain and migraine headaches.  ...

Spinal Surg
Mar 27, 2010

s/l algrabed segmental fixation.  tia. ...

Spinal Question
Mar 04, 2012

My crazy doctor this morning is saying "she has a spinal cord defibrillator or fibrillator."  Now what in the world is this???  No mention of a stimulator; she only had a spinal tap in the past.   Thanks for any help with this! ...

Spinal Fusion
Apr 20, 2012

Is XLIFF correct?  -or XLIFT? -- type of spinal fusion - have typed this before - cannot remember it and cannot find it on line  Anyone know? ...

Spinal Terminology
Nov 15, 2012

This PA is dictating MRI lab results for spinal consultation.  She is saying what s/l "roove sleeve cis" at T9 to T12 bilaterally. Could she be meaning "root sleeve cysts" or even "root sheath cysts" ?? Thanks for any help!  ...

Spinal Anesthesia
May 23, 2013

After negative aspiration for CSF or blood, 1 cc (s/l Almutate) 180 was injected ...

??? Barbay ??? Spinal Cyst???
Oct 20, 2009

He says this several times.  I think this is what he is saying, but cannot document.  Thanks for your help. ...

Spinal Surgery And NAPZMG's?
Jul 29, 2011

Hi everyone. I am doing a spinal fusion surgery and the dictator says that for Intraoperative Monitoring he used NAP ZMG's (he says it just like that NAPZMG's). Not sure what he means. Can't find those acronyms in my book. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

MTs With Spinal Stenosis And Still Working
Mar 21, 2014

I have had spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis for years and even surgery with L5-S1 fusion.  Did really good for years but now I am experiencing right leg weakness and all lower muscles ache and burn so bad that I can hardly walk at the end of the day.  I have even gone PT too.  I know I have severe right foraminal stenosis once again by CAT scan.  I took early SS retirement 2 years ago but still work about 30 hours a week.  I find that I am having extreme difficulyy ...

Spinal Surgery S/l DuraGen And Ta-seal
Jul 27, 2010

The reinforcement of the dural repair, composed of DuraGen and ______, is visible on the MRI scan. s/l Ta-seal (emphasis on 2nd syllable). ...

Spinal Diskectomy And Decompression Question
Apr 07, 2011

At this point, attention was paid to removal of hardware.  The s/l K2 tulip removers were used initially in order to unlock the heads.  Following this, rods were removed.  ...

Patient With Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury. Please Sm
Feb 26, 2010

Is being fitted with s/l KFOs.  I know of AFOs but this is very definitely a "K".  Looked on google without any help.  Thanks  ...

Tumor Registry
Jun 29, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has a background in what I have always called Tumor Registry?  I have been an MT for 30+ years, and have been around Tumor Registrars my entire professional life so I have a pretty good idea of the position but just in the hospital setting.  With all the changes happening in the MT industry, Tumor Registry has come across my path several times lately, just at the time I was thinking about this as my second career.  When I was a young MT I always thought i ...

Huner Tumor?
Apr 28, 2010

s/l Huner's tumor (Heuner/Hyuner) related to petechiae and interstitial cystitis....I must be spelling wrong...can't find anything like it anywhere! ...

MRI Of The Brain Tumor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working on an x-ray report for an MRI of a brain tumor.  I have looked on the internet and many medical books.  There are 3 words that I cannot figure out. 1st sentence:  On the pregadolinium coronal thin slice images through the sella, some residual soft tissue prominence is identified within the sella.  Appearing more prominent to the patient's right than to the left.  This idia enhances with gadolinium administration and corresponding today's stud ...

Fibroid Tumor
Apr 28, 2011

A hysterectomy was done in her 20’s due to a large fibroid tumor and s/l "menorajah."  Thanks for any help! ...

Tumor Of The Abdomen
Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!   ...

S/l Hurley Tumor
Nov 24, 2013

Anyone ever heard of this?  No context, just a list in past medical history :-( ...

Pt With Spinal Fx, RA, And A S/l Queen-Fall Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy.
Aug 03, 2010

nm ...

Lukay Or Lookay Ring Instrument Used For Spinal Surgery (sm)
Dec 06, 2010

sounds like lookey or lukey..can't find anywhere.  TIA ...

Dx: S/P Achilles Lengthening, Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury And
Jun 15, 2011

x ...

Breast Tumor Marking
Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."   This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.   Thanks. ...

S/l Gormus Tumor (see Post)
Jul 14, 2010

...a mass on the tip of the finger.  There is a small, firm nodule there that is quite sensitive.  At first, I thought this might be a s/l gor-mus tumor; however, there is a lack of coloration and cold sensitivity. ...

Tumor Debulking With S/l Cusis
Apr 26, 2011

pt with stage 4 ovarian CA.  Underwent TAH-BSO and tumor debulking with "coosis, kusis, cushis."  he says it quite clearly -- anyone??  TIA ...

Certified Tumor Registrar
Jun 09, 2011

I have a question, if someone would be so kind. What is the protocol of becoming a Certified Tumor Registrar? Does this happen after one has been coding for awhile? Are there certain credentials? I have researched online and am still confused. Thank you! ...

Tumor Marker Question
Nov 14, 2012

Dictated "CEA was elevated at 29, CA 15.3 at 1938, and CA 27.29 was elevated at the outset at 2243." My questions are regarding the CA 15.3 of "1938" and the CA 27.29 of "2243." Should they be "19.38" and "22.43" or "1938" and "2243"? When I'm googling the reference ranges for CA 15.3, a value of 19.38 doesn't seem to be elevated; neither does a value of 22.43 for CA 27.29. But.. 1938 and 2243 seem awfully high. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!!! ...

Cancer Tumor Registrar
Apr 30, 2015

Are there any CTRs out there?  If so, are you working from home?  I'd appreciate some input.  Have been taking classes and about ready to take the certification. ...

Lung CA With Secondary Mets To Brain And Thoracic Spinal Column,
Jan 06, 2010

lung CA with secondary mets to brain and thoracic spinal column. How would you write this, would you spell out the whole word? Thanks ...