A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

tumor of the abdomen - ltdn

Posted: Oct 02, 2011

I'm sure I'm hearing him correctly....spit cell tumor of the abdomen.  When I google, it wants to revert to split cell tumor.  He couldn't be more clear.  Patient has a history of metastatic GIST in her chart (gastrointestinal stromal tumor).  HELP!!

spindle cell? - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

one would think... - ltdn

[ In Reply To ..]
but I definitely hear spit cell. I may have to contact the doc to verify. If I hadn't heard it twice, I would question it!

Tumor - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
How about Islet cell tumor?

it is spindle cell - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
GIST tumor comes in two types: spindle cell and epithelioid cell. (link below)

You will get good results if you search exactly as follows -- GIST "spindle cell" -- using the quotes to apply the correct context.

I read your followup post below. Certainly, you can imagine that spit and spindle can sound virtually identical in speech.

link:
http://www.gistsupport.org/about-gist/diagnosis-pathology-results.php

Similar Messages:

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

S/l Pelvicum Abdomen
Oct 12, 2009

It almost sounds like pelvic and abdomen or pelvicum abdomen, but I dont know. Distinct 'c' sound, so not pelvis The pelvicum abdomen is then visualized. ...

Help With CT Abdomen Results Please.
Nov 24, 2009

I'm typing a GYN report.  Patient had 2 abdominal hernia repairs and TAH/BSO 30 years ago.   A recent CT scan showed "posterior anterior" abdominal wall thickening.  This kind if thing always confuses me.  It does not sound like the doctor said "and" in between posterior and anterior.  Is it correct the way I typed it?  Thanks very much.  ...

S/l Globulus Abdomen
Mar 02, 2010

s/l globulus abdomen, but is the correct term globose abdomen? ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Referring To The Abdomen..
Aug 06, 2010

s/l  "no clavasea sign"    Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

CT Abdomen/Pelvis
Sep 11, 2010

The gallbladder (S/L) circulatory tract unremarkable. Thank you in advance... ...

CT Abdomen & Pelvis
Nov 10, 2010

The uterus is heterogeneous and appears to be mildly S/L levo flexed.  If that is correct, is it one word, hyphenated, two words...? Thanks in advance! ...

Scan Of The Abdomen - Please Sm
Nov 24, 2010

Patient is tender in the right lower quadrant.  No rebound.  No other masses, organomegaly, or tenderness.  Bowel sounds are somewhat diminished. Sent for a s/l PCT scan or TCT scan of the abdomen compatible with diverticulitis but no abscess or rupture. Thanks for any help :) ...

S/l TUB Upright Abdomen
Jan 24, 2011

It is some sort or x-ray.  I've never heard of TUB upright abdomen though.  Any ideas?  Kelley ...

Abdomen: Positive S/l BSMT?
Oct 23, 2009

Pretty sure the BS is for bowel sounds but unsure about the MT, maybe movement? ...

Abdomen Nontender To Deep
Mar 21, 2012

palpations <s/l on the floor> ?  Does it sound right or does anyone have any idea what he might be saying? Thanks for any help. ...

Abdomen Soft, A Brief Smash
Jul 13, 2012

sounds like doctor says, "Abdomen soft, a brief smash shows a corinthin neck." Is this right?.... ...

Abdomen/fetal Exam
Feb 25, 2013

During abdominal exam during OB visit, doctor dictates *SV 790 and 0*  or maybe the numbers could be 7, 90, and 0.  No idea what SV is or how the numbers are supposed to be.  Thanks! ...

Ct Scan Of The Abdomen And Pelvis
May 22, 2013

Could anyone help me with an unknown?  During above scan some "vague air"  was detected?     Searched and searched. Clearly I am misunderstanding.   Thanks ...

CT Abdomen ..... Fatter Big Liver
Feb 27, 2014

the doctor states,   .....fatter big liver, , and gallstones on CT abdomen.  tia ...

Tumor Registry
Jun 29, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has a background in what I have always called Tumor Registry?  I have been an MT for 30+ years, and have been around Tumor Registrars my entire professional life so I have a pretty good idea of the position but just in the hospital setting.  With all the changes happening in the MT industry, Tumor Registry has come across my path several times lately, just at the time I was thinking about this as my second career.  When I was a young MT I always thought i ...

Huner Tumor?
Apr 28, 2010

s/l Huner's tumor (Heuner/Hyuner) related to petechiae and interstitial cystitis....I must be spelling wrong...can't find anything like it anywhere! ...

MRI Of The Brain Tumor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working on an x-ray report for an MRI of a brain tumor.  I have looked on the internet and many medical books.  There are 3 words that I cannot figure out. 1st sentence:  On the pregadolinium coronal thin slice images through the sella, some residual soft tissue prominence is identified within the sella.  Appearing more prominent to the patient's right than to the left.  This idia enhances with gadolinium administration and corresponding today's stud ...

Fibroid Tumor
Apr 28, 2011

A hysterectomy was done in her 20’s due to a large fibroid tumor and s/l "menorajah."  Thanks for any help! ...

Spinal Tumor Help Please
Mar 06, 2012

Proceeding with our resection with an imminently (sounds llike) "suckable" tumor.. We then opened the arachnoid and the (sounds like) "suckable" tumor was then seen. Resectable would make sense but I just don't hear that Re in there... ...

S/l Hurley Tumor
Nov 24, 2013

Anyone ever heard of this?  No context, just a list in past medical history :-( ...

Abdomen Right S/l Bowteleck Hernia. ~I Have No Clue~ TIA
Nov 17, 2009

xx ...

A S/l *tank Hour* Catheter In Her Abdomen?
Mar 15, 2010

. ...

CT Scan Of Abdomen And Pelvis Help With Word Please
Nov 30, 2010

The doctor says "No bowel obstruction."  _____ (s/l receivable) food particles and gastric secretions are seen within the stomach. Can anyone help me here please????  TIA! ...

Sounds Like *Avens* Drain Placed In The Abdomen. Nm
May 17, 2012

nm ...

S/l Plo-a-see Technique Was Used To Bluntly Enter The Abdomen.
Feb 11, 2014

Procedure is exploratory laparotomy.  More context below. A Pfannenstiel skin incision was made sharply and carried down to the level of the fascia sharply.  _____ technique was then used to bluntly enter the abdomen.   ...

Breast Tumor Marking
Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."   This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.   Thanks. ...

S/l Gormus Tumor (see Post)
Jul 14, 2010

...a mass on the tip of the finger.  There is a small, firm nodule there that is quite sensitive.  At first, I thought this might be a s/l gor-mus tumor; however, there is a lack of coloration and cold sensitivity. ...

Tumor Debulking With S/l Cusis
Apr 26, 2011

pt with stage 4 ovarian CA.  Underwent TAH-BSO and tumor debulking with "coosis, kusis, cushis."  he says it quite clearly -- anyone??  TIA ...