A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Orthopedics - brace - Lynn

Posted: Apr 05, 2011

Patient with bibasilar thumb arthritis.  A s/l 282 brace discussed.  She wants to hold off.

Thank you in advance.

That's correct...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
I do orthopaedics and I transcribed this today. : )

Similar Messages:

Orthopedics Brace
Jun 29, 2010

Good morning!  Look for the correct spelling of Lavine brace ... is it lavine, Lavine, levine, Levine?  Child has Osgood-Schlatter's and doc wants to brace him up.  ...

S/l MOFO Brace For A Right Foot Brace.
Jul 19, 2010

x ...

Help With Orthopedics Please
Jun 07, 2010

Dictated .... "I took down the outside dressing to just look, left the S/L **boltrous** in place, and the skin graft looks excellent."   TIA ...

Orthopedics Job
Mar 18, 2011

I've been offered part-time transcription at home, working for one orthopedic surgeon.  I've got over 12 years experience in many specialties, but have never done orthopedics.  The interview is next week. Any advice on how best I could prepare to work in this specialty for the first time?  It sounds like a great opportunity, but at the beginning a lot of the terminology would be very difficult for me.  I won't have a QA person monitoring my work ...

New To Orthopedics - Need Word Help!
Jun 01, 2010

I am new to an orthopedics account with a dictator who is so marble mouthed, I feel like crying!  Here is the sentence: His ___ s/l signal within the lateral femoral condyle and medial patellar facet suggest patellar subluxation as well as some ____ s/l signal up in the medial retinaculum.  Any help would be appreciated -- I am not having a good time tonight...   ...

I Have An Interview W/MD-IT (orthopedics)
Jul 18, 2011

I have an interview w/MD-IT (orthopedics) and wondered if anyone has any knowledge about this company that they would like to share.  I originally applied to them a while back, took the test, but they filled the position.  They contacted me about a part-time position if I was still available and have set up an interview.  If you have worked for them, do they put you in a general "pool" and you just grab whatever is next or do they give you a schedule (like a particular doctor to transcribe fo ...

Orthopedics Term
Dec 29, 2013

The patient has low back pain. Doc says he did Kemp's test, Bechterew's test and what s/l "Niapoo's" test? I've searched so many spellings without finding it.  Anyone know the term? ...

Pink Thumb - Orthopedics
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone ever heard of pink thumb?  Her thumb started to pink up and she has numbness in her thumb, completely, with pink thumb with an area of ecchymosis  Thanks. ...

Orthopedics- S/l Cater Or Carried Her
Aug 04, 2010

It was obvious that it was impinging in the anterior aspect of the shoulder as we s/l cater or carried her into about 95 degrees of a reduction with internal rotation. Can't figure this one out. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Orthopedics Words Trustworthy Websites?
Nov 17, 2011

Doing all orthopedics now, wondering if there are any seasoned orthopedics MTs that can refer me to some websites that you trust for terminology.  Thanks.  ...

Orthopedics, S/l Paroko Testing. Any Ideas? TIA Nm
Apr 19, 2012

sss ...

Re Job On Jobs Board, Orthopedics With E/M. What Does E/M Stand For?
Sep 05, 2012

x ...

S/l Gatlin's Test/orthopedics. See Message
May 22, 2014

The patient has a negative straight leg raise bilaterally and a negative s/l "gatlin's" test bilaterally.  Any help appreciated.  ...

Orthopedics: I See No Progression Of The Mild Grade 1 VSD Distally. She Does
Nov 05, 2009

have varicosities, but there is no progression....I did talk to her about swimming and cycling as other activities to maintain quad strength and keep her weight down for both her joint disease as well as risk of VSD. I can not figure out what VSD stands for.  He says it very clearly.  All my searches turn up ventricular septal defect, but his use of the word "distally" makes me think he is not talking about that.  Plus, this is an orthopedist. ...

We Discussed The Possibility Of A S/l Cozen's Deformity (orthopedics)
Apr 11, 2012

We also discussed the possibility of a Cozen's deformity. I have encouraged mom to seek follow up if she notices any asymmetry between his legs. ...

Sailor / Saylor Sign For Orthopedics Or Radiographs
Feb 08, 2014

Hello MT's,  I am looking for a sailor sign or a saylor sign.  He refers to it during a radiographic review and may or may not be related to the radiocapitellar region.  However, the more I reread what he says, the more I think it is a radiographic sign or signal.  Anyone?? ...

I Work For Orthopedics-----weak Innerocity(innerosity) Of Strength
Aug 02, 2012

dr is talking about the hand. weak innerocity of strength? ...

Brace Yourself
Mar 09, 2014

Sunday paper business section breezily informs that this spring, corporations are flush with cash and we should expect many "acquisitions" of smaller companies as they seek to grow even larger and enrich their stockholders.  Turn out the lights when you leave, plz?   ...

Ankle Brace
Aug 10, 2010

Spider ankle brace or Spyder ankle brace? ...

Lowboy Brace
Dec 01, 2010

The patient has a Lisfranc injury.  I think he's saying lowboy in reference to a short walking boot because he does stuff like that and I can't document a lowboy brace but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks! ...

Ortho Brace
Dec 08, 2010

Anyone heard of a "TP" brace?? ...

Knee Brace
Apr 07, 2011

Patient with patellar subluxation and patellofemoral pain.  She was given a S/L Maraklumping brace for support. Thanks  in advance. ...

S/l Alice Neck Brace???
Oct 23, 2009

or maybe Ellis ?? Allis ???? it is a L2-3 injury ...

Brace For Infant With Hip Dysplasia
Sep 07, 2010

Dictated "sima" brace - spells, but unsure if this is Sima or SIMA.  Does anyone know?  I am having no luck finding this.   Thanks.   ...

S/l Tore Off Ankle Brace
Nov 16, 2010

We discussed wearing a s/l tore off ankle brace to improve her gait. TIA.   ...

Is Halo Brace Capitalized?
Dec 06, 2010

Thanks ...

Knee Brace With S/l Stathe
Dec 15, 2010

Place her in a knee brace with s/l stathe or stay(th) ...

Zilla Brace ?? Psm For Context
Oct 17, 2011

Patient with aphthous stomatitis.  Recommended Miracle Mouthwash and a trial of s/l zilla brace.  Thanks. ...

Wrist Support Brace
Apr 04, 2014

need some advice on what the best wrist support braces are as i am starting to have some problems with my right upper wrist and lower forearm, like something is pulling or twisting if I put weight on my hand like to life myself up. don't want it to get any worse, but there's a lot of wrist splints out there. Would like to know what you all use and when you use it. ...

Brace Or Splint That Sounds Like Cathelene
Dec 16, 2011

Ortho report, The patient is given a removable ______ (cathelene) wrist, hand long to wear.  ...