A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TNVSD elevated??? - Jill

Posted: Jan 11, 2010

Among other lab results, the doctor said what sounded like, "TNVSD elevated."  I have googled my head off with variations of this and can't come up with anything.  Any ideas?

do you know the condition or diagnosis of patient? Any other info would help - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
xx I did some searching also and could find nothing

diagnosis was cholecystitis and cholelithiasis - Jill

[ In Reply To ..]
The phrase in question came right after 'lab count of 8; hemoglobin 5.6' and right before 'total bilirubin was 1.5. Lipase was normal.'

Thanks so much for your response. I am almost finished with the medical transcription course I am taking and am anxious to get to work.

see message inside. those labs do not sound normal at all - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
The phrase in question came right after 'lab count of 8; hemoglobin 5.6'

Not sure what lab count is 8 (even if it is hemoglobin that is VERY low) and if it is 5.6 that is VERY, VERY low, so what are those numbers for?

I know the alkaline phosphatase can be elevated if there is a pancreas problem and may be also for cholecystitis.

Sorry, can't be of more help, but you may have to blank it if it is not clear. Try to listen again at a different speed.
here is a little more info on cholecystitis - lka
[ In Reply To ..]
Cholecystitis - Caused by blockage of the cystic duct with surrounding inflammation, usually due to infection. Typically, the pain is initially 'colicky' (intermittent), and becomes constant and severe, mostly in the right upper quadrant. Infectious agents that cause cholecystitis include E coli, klebsiella, pseudomonas, B. fragilis and enterococcus. Murphy's sign is positive, particularly because of increased irritation of the gallbladder lining, and similarly this pain radiates (spreads) to the shoulder, flank or in a band like pattern around the lower abdomen. Laboratory tests frequently show raised hepatocellular liver enzymes (AST, ALT) with a high white cell count (WBC). Ultrasound is used to visualise the gallbladder and ducts.

Liver enzymes can also be elevated and that could be SGOT, SGPT or AST and ALT.

transcription course - what?

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost finished with the medical transcription course? Does this mean that this is for an assignment related to your classes you are taking?

Not allowed to ask questions about your school assignments on this forum.
Where is that rule outlined? - ESP
[ In Reply To ..]
Where does it say that one cannot ask questions regarding course work?

I have read the posting guidelines and I don't see anything addressing that issue.
rules - see above
[ In Reply To ..]
See the above post to the moderator and the explanation for questions with class assignments.
My apologies - Jill
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry. I didn't realize I couldn't ask a question if I am not yet employed/finished with training. I just thought I'd found a place where I could get some help.

Similar Messages:

Increased, Elevated
Jan 27, 2012

Hello!  Aren't increased and elevated the same?  This is the sentence: evaluate for increased elevated TSH. Do I leave this as is or take out one of them?  Which do I take out?  Do I just need a comma?  Can I leave it as is?  Thanks!       ...

Elevated Troponins
Dec 07, 2012

I have been coming across the words "troponitis" and "troponinitis."  Which is correct?  ...

Elevated Bath Rest
Oct 18, 2011

"...Coumadin, Percocet, Lovenox, and *s/l elevated bath rest*, as well as a scopolamine patch to apply prior to surgery."   This is for preop total hip arthroplasty. Thank you for the help! ...

Protein Electrophoresis-elevated Capa?
Mar 17, 2010

Can someone tell me if it is elevated CAPA or cAPA- what is the proper designation?  ...

Pt Had A Significantly Elevated Antibody Level With
Jul 17, 2010

x ...

LVEF 60% Filling Pressure Probably Elevated.
May 22, 2012

I am really not good with matters of the heart (you know what I mean!) should it be: LVEF 60%, filling pressure probably elevated. or LVEF 60% filling pressure, probably elevated. I am thinking it is the first one. ...

Can You Have A Subtherapeutic INR With Elevated Coumadin Level?
Dec 01, 2012

Can you have a subtherapeutic INR with elevated Coumadin level? ...

S/l Octreus Dye Scan For Elevated Chromatin Level?
Nov 16, 2009

This patient has dysautonomia and an elevated chormatin level.  He needs some type of scan done, and I need to verify.  Thanks!!  Abby ...

Help..in Lab Data, Doc Says White Count Elevated At 50.4 Thousand (sm)
Jun 29, 2011

This is a verbatim acct.  Would you type 50.4 thousand? ...

I Inserted A S/l Kathy And Elevated The Liver To Take Down The Adhesions
Oct 18, 2011

x ...

S/l Jugular Venous Pressure Is Elevated Above The Angle Of "Jilewey"
Dec 28, 2009

nm ...

Urine Demonstrated Elevated S/l Cap And Lamd Of Light Chains In Urine
Nov 20, 2009

. ...

It (the Thigh) Was Elevated To "esmarking", Tourniquet Inflated
Sep 29, 2011

1) Surgery site was discussed, "cleared upon a mark." 2) It (the thigh) was elevated to "esmarking", tourniquet inflated. ...

Sentence: His S/l "iron Arm?" And Noticed It To Be Elevated, And His Physician Had Tried T
Apr 26, 2012

Hello, am having trouble with this sentence. I don't think it's "iron arm", I think it is somthing to do with his iron level though, as further in the report referring back to the admission, iron is mentioned again as elevated above 90. Any ideas? Thanks ...

PSA Slightly Elevated With S/l "flue Plate"
Dec 14, 2011

PSA slightly elevated with s/l "flue plate" at the level of 3.9 to 4.6 at the present time. ...

Drug S/l "gaverline" Or "gaberline" For Elevated Prolactin Level
Mar 30, 2010

anyone heard of this drug?   Thanks, Abby ...