A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dorsi and plantar flex foot - speedy18

Posted: Dec 26, 2014

doc dictates

"it is not too bad until she actually dorsi and plantar flexes her toes"

Is this correctly transcribed??  TIA

Yes and no...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
in this sentence "flexes" is implied after dorsi. If you are on a verbatim account, leave it as the meaning is clear. Docs talk like that (in short speak) all the time. Technically, it should be dorsiflexes and plantar flexes, but that's not what he dictated.

Thank you! - speedy18

[ In Reply To ..]
Much appreciated

Similar Messages:

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...

Wondering What Everyone Does When OOW..flex Or Not Flex Sm
Jan 02, 2015

What do you all do when you are OOW?  Do you flex and come back later in the day, flex to a different day of the pay week, use your PTO, or take time off without pay? I usually flex and make up later in day or another day, but really getting tired of that, but need the money, even as little as it is these days. Makes for very long days, as you all know.  Starting out working first shift and then having work to midnight is awful. Besides, do not feel right about cutting into other peop ...

Plantar Flexion Or Plantarflexion
Nov 14, 2010

Has the spelling of this changed?  ASR keeps giving me plantarflexion all of a sudden.  TIA ...

S/l Endialance Of Plantar Flexion
Dec 14, 2010

I have recommended a Weil osteotomy to the third ray in attempts to control her forefoot pain there, and also a chevron bunionectomy and  S/L endialance of plantar flexion to get a bit more weightbearing there. TIA ...

Podiatrist/plantar Fasciitis Surgery
Dec 14, 2011

She had a (s/l microdon or mitrodon) to the plantar fascia on 09/30/11. ("Jersey accent, if that helps) Thank you ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

Dorsi Flexion Vs Dorsal Flexion Vs Dorsiflexion
Feb 03, 2014

No other text needed.   ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

PT To Flex
Mar 10, 2010

Are people still being hired as flex position?  Has anyone switched from full or part time to flex recently?  I was flex about 1-1/2 years ago and was told I had to go part time, now I want to switch back to flex as I cannot stand the stress of this company and all its ridiculous rules, regulations.  Flex I could do but part time, Im finding it harder and harder to do those 24 hours/week.  Thanks! ...

Flex Schedule
Oct 08, 2011

Reading through the many different polices, if I am reading this correct, you can be a flex-employee, 2000 lines per wk?  Do any of you work this kind of schedule?  Considering leaving, but would still like to work very part-time and this would be great. ...

Flex Or TAT Companies
Mar 01, 2012

I am looking to either land a direct account or get on with a company that offers flex work, temp work, or work on a TAT. I am only interested in transcription (not editing at this time)because I am most effective at transcription. Please share if you have any advice or ideas! ...

Flex Time
May 12, 2012

I was just reading over at the Department of Labor website. It seems to me that many MTSOs have changed the original meaning of "flex time"for employees. Used to be that we had X hours in a day to work our schedule.  (example: 12 hours flexible time to work 7 hours).  Suddenly, it is now 8 hours to work 8 hours with strict adherence.  So, one might say this is done in office jobs.  But when I worked in an office for many years, we were on the clock for everyt ...

Foot Debridement S/l Bocasterile Foot Dressing
May 10, 2012

Operation of debridement for necrotic tissue.  "The patient's s/l bocastera/bocasterile foot dressing was applied." I'm bad on brand names (if this is one). Any operative expert MTs know what this might be?  Thanks. ...

S/l Vera Flex Stent
Oct 18, 2009

I am trying to google this, but having no luck so far.  Anyone know how it is spelled? 4.0/32 mm vera flex stent ...

Has Anyone Heard That Flex Pt Is Going To Be Discontinued? Sm
Apr 05, 2010

I got an email from my CCM and she asked about us being flex PT.  I am wondering if this position is going to be discontinued and we will have to do regular PT?  I only hold onto this crummy job as a second in case my regular job goes caput (sp)!  I have had that happen so many times with MQ already, just losing the account and sorry no work, so I work for 2 now consistently.  Thanks for any info anyone has! ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How Flex Time Works
Apr 11, 2010

at Medquist.  I may be taking a different job but kind of wanted to keep this just in case I hate it or the pay is even worse, though I doubt that will happen.  Is there a minimum?  Are you just on call for heavy times?  Just there for trades, etc.?  TIA ...

Part-time Flex
Mar 23, 2011

I have been Part-Time Flex for years, but sup wants me to switch to Part-Time.  What's so different between the two? ...

S/l Circle Flex Stent
Jul 30, 2011

Remote s/l (circle flex) stent. ...

Does Nuance Have Flex Time?
Nov 21, 2012

Does Nuance offer flex time?  I work for Accentus and they're  very flexible when it comes to when I have to work; nobody says anything as long as I produce, whether I get on a 6 am, off at 7, on again at 9, off at 2, on again at 7 off 9, etc.  I'm going to have a huge problem if there's no flexibility in my schedule. ...

Any Work For Part Time Flex People?
Mar 26, 2010

I'm part time 24+ a week right now...looking to decrease hours but want to make sure I can get at least 10 hours a week.  Will I have trouble getting that?  When I was hired they said they couldn't guarantee flex PT hours, so....? ...

DermaFlex Versus Derma-flex (trademark Name)
Nov 10, 2014

I am having QA people change it back and forth and I get knocked for it. ...

Don't Know Why HDSM Would Send Stupid Message About Flex Time, With All This MOT -
Mar 26, 2015

What schedule!?! ...

Foot Pedal Without Foot?
Jul 11, 2013

Just wondered if anyone here had ever heard of a foot pedal that could be activated some other way than by pressing with your foot.  I have a handicapped friend who was hoping there was one that could be activated any other way.  Thanks ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Pt Had "flex Dex" Of The T Spine, Which Showed Extensive
Jul 18, 2012

? ...

OOW? Just Simply "flex" Your Hours.
Aug 21, 2013

I absolutely hate when I am told to just "flex" my hours. I have contracted for work within a particular time frame. If no work is available during that time it is not a simple matter of just "flexing" my time. My life is not that "flexible". I have kids, husband, house, school to deal with sweetie.  Try to not over hire so many MTs to get that awesome TAT. Try to not send our work overseas to save a few cents.  How about that waiting time pay sweetie?  Does that not apply when we ...

TTS - Can "flex" Our Schedules
May 21, 2012

I was just hired 3 weeks ago for a new account that wtarts out with straight typing and will go to VR. I practically get no work on this account since I think they overhired. Alos they gave me a backup account that now almost every day I run out of work almost ebery day on the backup account. Every week there is at least 1 whole day where I have every no work on either account or only 1 hour's worth of work. Supposedly they are looking into giving me a third account. Meantime, their mi ...

Please "flex" Your Time.
Nov 10, 2012

Yet another email this morning stating volumes are low, please flex your time.  Can someone explain to me exactly what this means?  In actuality, aren't they asking/expecting us to be available all day until there is actual work, instead of the schedule we signed up for?  ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...