A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS - can "flex" our schedules - bailey

Posted: May 21, 2012

I was just hired 3 weeks ago for a new account that wtarts out with straight typing and will go to VR. I practically get no work on this account since I think they overhired. Alos they gave me a backup account that now almost every day I run out of work almost ebery day on the backup account. Every week there is at least 1 whole day where I have every no work on either account or only 1 hour's worth of work. Supposedly they are looking into giving me a third account. Meantime, their minimum line count is 1,500 per day. This is not attainable if you do not have the work. Anyone work there that can tell me if this is attainable even when you do have work? Also, I know we can "flex" our schedules, but it would take 7 days a week to work and work 60 hours a week to even make this. Anyone having this same problem? If I don't make the minimum, eventually I will get fired, but it is not my fault if I don't have work. I don't want to be chained to the computer 7 days a week just looking for work every hour of the day and night. Anyone having this problem that could comment on what to do?

My only thought.... - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
I would only say that when you DO switch to VR, your line counts will more than likely increase quite a bit; however, I assume that your pay per line for VR will be less than your straight typing rate. If so, as you can probably imagine, more lines won't necessarily mean more pay. It's just that you might be able to reach 1500 lines in a day on VR....BUT, you're exactly right -- that's only attainable if the work is there. And you're also exactly right -- it's not your fault if you don't reach 1500 lines if there's no work.

To the OP...sm - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to speak to someone on the orientation team to clarify this issue. As far as I know, there is NO lines per day minimum, BUT there is a lines per hour minimum of 250 for SR and 125 for straight typing. This works out to 1000 straight and 2000 SR. Even if you have only 2-3 hours of work on any given day, as long as you average 125 straight and 250 SR, then you are fine. They are looking at your average lines per hour NOT a full day's worth of lines. This is for an employee. I'm not sure if the IC rules are different. Again ASK someone at the company to clear this up for you. Also try not to get all worked up. I also went through the low work/no work situation. You just need to be persistent in asking for a steady account(or 2), and it will happen, maybe not immediately, but it will. I urge you to read over your new hire paperwork to familiarize yourself with the RULES and DO ASK questions of the people who can actually answer them.

Not sure what the problem is - Happy TTSer

[ In Reply To ..]
I started working with them in the same capacity about 2 months ago; new accounts, straight typing/very little VR (which is great), etc. The accounts (am on 2) are extremely easy and have plenty of work. Personally, I prefer to work 24/7 and was asked not to work so much; to save some work for that particular shift. Fine with me - I actually started working yet with another company w/out a schedule, so it all works out. I know that TTS has been slammed in the past, and I am here to say, they are okay in my book. Very professional people, great attitude, good (very good) $$ and not a "rigid" schedule. The pay is on time and correct. The differentials and incentives are outstanding.. what more can I say.
Personally I feel if someone does not like who they are working with - leave, find another position elsewhere. There are many companies out there. No sense in working with a company one is not happy with. What is said is true - if there is not enough work, one cannot meet their line rate. These people are not idiots, they know that and take that into consideration - one will not be fired based on your presented post. If you are afraid of being fired, it could be due to not working your shift and w/out explanation, not keeping up the quality expected (and deserved), etc. No, I am not management or QA or QC, just an MT with over 35 years and compared to what is out there and what have dealt with in the past - this is heaven. I look forward to logging in daily, I am enjoying what I am doing and who I am doing it with, I love the accounts and management is very good about the pats on the back (not that this is needed), but almost fell outta my chair when I received an email THANKING ME??? for my work. I have not see that in over 25 years or so! In my book.. TTS RULES!!!

To Happy TTSr,,,SM - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad you are having a good experience, but as they say mileage may vary. I have had some bumps in the road, especially with both my accounts running out of work, but as I said above, I worked this out. Lately work has been plentiful, probably because they asked you not to work so much. LOL. I would never think of working beyond my shift or on my days off, especially if work might run out for the people on the next shift. Shame on you. I'm glad you're not doing that anymore. They are a pretty good company to work for otherwise, but I'm not going to get out my pom-poms and break into a cheer. At this point in my life I work to live, and not live to work. Don't get me wrong, I do very good work. I'm not the fastest nor the slowest transcriptionist, but I enjoy my days off, so hopefully the work is there during my regular work week.

To happy TTSer - Bailey

[ In Reply To ..]
They contacted me and put me on a different secondary account that has a lot of work since my primary and other secondary account had little to none. They really do not want you sitting with no work. They really are trying to work this out. The new account that was my primary for which I was hired, has not come across with the volume that was promised to TTS so this really is not their fault. I do believe they are trying to work with me to find enough work for me. They put me on a secondary account for hem/onc for which I have 2 years experience and I think it will all work out in the end, but it was just scary and frustrating in this beginning period of 3 weeks' time. The hem/onc account does have a lot of work. Other than lack of work which has hopefully been rectified, they seem to be good to work for. Your post was encouraging - thanks. I think everything will be okay now that they have worked with me to find me work.

Two months at a job and 35 years an MT, you'd know not to speak too soon. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, you tell people if they don't like working somewhere to quit. You, of all people should know, easier said than done. Sometimes it takes the courage of some to change things for others. Giving up sometimes is the easy way out and not always the most courageous either. God bless those who have the courage to change the injustices for the rest of us to benefit from. In my opinion, 2 months at a service where you are getting, as you say, great work and easy work, is hardly speaking for the majority of us. Having over 35 years experience usually leads MTSOs to give you ALL the hard work that everyone else refuses because they think you should get the harder work and for the same pay...that's my experience...and the truth as I know it to be.

Similar Messages:

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...

Wondering What Everyone Does When OOW..flex Or Not Flex Sm
Jan 02, 2015

What do you all do when you are OOW?  Do you flex and come back later in the day, flex to a different day of the pay week, use your PTO, or take time off without pay? I usually flex and make up later in day or another day, but really getting tired of that, but need the money, even as little as it is these days. Makes for very long days, as you all know.  Starting out working first shift and then having work to midnight is awful. Besides, do not feel right about cutting into other peop ...

PT To Flex
Mar 10, 2010

Are people still being hired as flex position?  Has anyone switched from full or part time to flex recently?  I was flex about 1-1/2 years ago and was told I had to go part time, now I want to switch back to flex as I cannot stand the stress of this company and all its ridiculous rules, regulations.  Flex I could do but part time, Im finding it harder and harder to do those 24 hours/week.  Thanks! ...

Flex Schedule
Oct 08, 2011

Reading through the many different polices, if I am reading this correct, you can be a flex-employee, 2000 lines per wk?  Do any of you work this kind of schedule?  Considering leaving, but would still like to work very part-time and this would be great. ...

Flex Or TAT Companies
Mar 01, 2012

I am looking to either land a direct account or get on with a company that offers flex work, temp work, or work on a TAT. I am only interested in transcription (not editing at this time)because I am most effective at transcription. Please share if you have any advice or ideas! ...

Flex Time
May 12, 2012

I was just reading over at the Department of Labor website. It seems to me that many MTSOs have changed the original meaning of "flex time"for employees. Used to be that we had X hours in a day to work our schedule.  (example: 12 hours flexible time to work 7 hours).  Suddenly, it is now 8 hours to work 8 hours with strict adherence.  So, one might say this is done in office jobs.  But when I worked in an office for many years, we were on the clock for everyt ...

S/l Vera Flex Stent
Oct 18, 2009

I am trying to google this, but having no luck so far.  Anyone know how it is spelled? 4.0/32 mm vera flex stent ...

Has Anyone Heard That Flex Pt Is Going To Be Discontinued? Sm
Apr 05, 2010

I got an email from my CCM and she asked about us being flex PT.  I am wondering if this position is going to be discontinued and we will have to do regular PT?  I only hold onto this crummy job as a second in case my regular job goes caput (sp)!  I have had that happen so many times with MQ already, just losing the account and sorry no work, so I work for 2 now consistently.  Thanks for any info anyone has! ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How Flex Time Works
Apr 11, 2010

at Medquist.  I may be taking a different job but kind of wanted to keep this just in case I hate it or the pay is even worse, though I doubt that will happen.  Is there a minimum?  Are you just on call for heavy times?  Just there for trades, etc.?  TIA ...

Part-time Flex
Mar 23, 2011

I have been Part-Time Flex for years, but sup wants me to switch to Part-Time.  What's so different between the two? ...

S/l Circle Flex Stent
Jul 30, 2011

Remote s/l (circle flex) stent. ...

Does Nuance Have Flex Time?
Nov 21, 2012

Does Nuance offer flex time?  I work for Accentus and they're  very flexible when it comes to when I have to work; nobody says anything as long as I produce, whether I get on a 6 am, off at 7, on again at 9, off at 2, on again at 7 off 9, etc.  I'm going to have a huge problem if there's no flexibility in my schedule. ...

Dorsi And Plantar Flex Foot
Dec 26, 2014

doc dictates "it is not too bad until she actually dorsi and plantar flexes her toes" Is this correctly transcribed??  TIA   ...

IC Schedules
Sep 08, 2010

I am new to independent contractor status, so I just have a few questions, so bear with me.  I will be contracted with a company to do the work, who is contracted with the the business that needs the work done.  I was told of the work schedule.  I was told by a legal person that ICs set their own schedules; days/hours to work.  So which is it?  Can the transcription company that I would contract with tell me the hours I need to work or can I tell them which hours/days I ...

MT Schedules
Jan 27, 2011

I thought usual MT shifts involved one weekend work day a week.  Is this normal?  I was offered both weekend nights and obviously they are "allowed" to do what they want, but seems a little unfair.  I don't expect any nasty responses of like take what you can get sort of thing, I am just trying to get a consensus of schedules and if I should bring this up, considering there won't be any work on the weekends... thanks ya'll ...

No Set Schedules?
Jun 08, 2013

Are there any companies anymore that do not require you to set in stone your hours that you want to work?  The company I work for now has a 12-hour timeframe that you can do your 8 hours in, but its one of those things that when you start, if you get up or get a phone call or have to do anything whatsoever, the time is counted off of your productive time, and you have to add it back on the back end so you end up working throughout the whole 12 hours to get your 8. What if I don't want ...

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE SCHEDULES
Jun 09, 2014

Seems like  the QC and TSM are not on the same page - is this the old North region (now whatever) where the QC seems to communicate more than the TSM? As far as I'm concerned, they can all go jump in the Lake (and that's putting it nicely).  ...

SCHEDULES
May 02, 2015

I was curious does everybody who work for MModal work a weekend day? ...

Any Work For Part Time Flex People?
Mar 26, 2010

I'm part time 24+ a week right now...looking to decrease hours but want to make sure I can get at least 10 hours a week.  Will I have trouble getting that?  When I was hired they said they couldn't guarantee flex PT hours, so....? ...

DermaFlex Versus Derma-flex (trademark Name)
Nov 10, 2014

I am having QA people change it back and forth and I get knocked for it. ...

Keystrokes Schedules
Jan 04, 2010

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how flexible they are in scheduling.  I was offered a position that isn't the shift I want to work, but I need the job so I'm considering it.  I'm hoping to be able to change shifts once hired and have been told that wouldn't be a problem.  However, I know first-hand that some MTSOs will say one thing to get you on board but then not do it afterwards.  So, I'm wondering if I should I take t ...

Transcend Schedules
Jun 05, 2011

How well do they work with you on shifts?  Also saw day shifts available in ad, but are they hard to get?  ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Monitoring Schedules
May 26, 2013

Got a phone call yesterday from TL questioning my being short on my time card.  I had sent in OOW email etc and followed protocol as on that prior Saturday had run out of work which is typical for Saturdays with who I type for, but am still being questioned and was told to take PTO Time to make my 40 hours week.  Said that they were going over making sure everyone was working their assigned schedule.  ...

How Can We Comply To Our Schedules....
Sep 08, 2014

I haven't worked my schedule in over 2 weeks due to being out of work!  It does not seem to be getting any better!   ...

Does Ambulatory Have Set Schedules? -
Jan 27, 2015

I left last summer and at that time they did not.  Curious if they do now.  Thanks. ...

M MODAL Schedules
Feb 13, 2015

I have been offered a position at mmodal. But I have to sign the agreement before I negotiate a schedule. What are current mmodal employees thoughts on this? ...

Don't Know Why HDSM Would Send Stupid Message About Flex Time, With All This MOT -
Mar 26, 2015

What schedule!?! ...

Do MQ MTs Have Set Schedules? Are There Choice Of Hours?
Apr 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa ...

Cannot Approve PTO And Change Schedules
Jun 23, 2010

My CCM says that corporate said she could not approve PTO or make any changes to schedules until after July 4.  Whats with that, anybody know. ...