A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Plantar flexion or plantarflexion - anon

Posted: Nov 14, 2010

Has the spelling of this changed?  ASR keeps giving me plantarflexion all of a sudden.  TIA

plantar flexion - mnmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I've always seen/used plantar flexion. ASR doesn't know half of what we do.

Thanks - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the first time I've ever seen it combined. Eventually we'll be typing whole reports without any spaces so we don't have to be paid for them!

plantarflexion - INMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi,

Stedman Orthopaedic & Rehab Words lists as follows:

plantarflexion, 1 word
plantarflex
plantarflexing

Hope this helps

my 2 cents - nycmt

[ In Reply To ..]
dorsiflexion, which we all know is one word, is the opposite of plantarflexion. so i type "plantarflexion".

but if the doc says "the ankle was plantar flexed", i type it 2 words, not plantarflexed.

Just got counted off on an audit for making it 2 words. - It is 1 word. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wrong - tstone

[ In Reply To ..]
It's two words. I've been typing plantar flexion for 24 years. I work for an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon who is known worldwide....responsible for getting FDA clearance for the STAR ankle replacement.

It's plantar flexion....two words.

http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/searchresults?cx=005707068296283490893:7z4a2d1hziw&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=plantarflexion&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&sa=Search

Okay, so out of curiosity.... - nycmt

[ In Reply To ..]
i pulled out my good ol' Steadmans ortho book (dusted the cat hair off of it, since they like sitting inside my bookshelf).

Here's what they've got -

plantar
the list of subterms
p. flexed
p. flexion

so to me means it's 2 words.

then, after plantar and it's various subterms, it lists -

plantar-dorsiflexion
plantarflex
plantarflexed
p. first ray
plantarflexion
plantarflexory

so...basically it seems both are right, if you want to believe Steadman's.

Plantar flexion = noun, plantarflexion = adj - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
Example:

Plantar flexion is limited on range of motion testing.

The patient sustained a plantarflexion injury.

Plantarflexion is used rarely. Hope this helps. : )

Docs where I work use it all the time in the extremity - exam. We are told 1 word. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

S/l Endialance Of Plantar Flexion
Dec 14, 2010

I have recommended a Weil osteotomy to the third ray in attempts to control her forefoot pain there, and also a chevron bunionectomy and  S/L endialance of plantar flexion to get a bit more weightbearing there. TIA ...

Dorsi Flexion Vs Dorsal Flexion Vs Dorsiflexion
Feb 03, 2014

No other text needed.   ...

Podiatrist/plantar Fasciitis Surgery
Dec 14, 2011

She had a (s/l microdon or mitrodon) to the plantar fascia on 09/30/11. ("Jersey accent, if that helps) Thank you ...

Dorsi And Plantar Flex Foot
Dec 26, 2014

doc dictates "it is not too bad until she actually dorsi and plantar flexes her toes" Is this correctly transcribed??  TIA   ...

Flexion/extension
Oct 20, 2009

the doctor is assesing a wrist injury and after addressing flexion and extension, goes into: "pulsar 1/2+, cap refil is 2 seconds"?? Any clue what he is saying? What is standard for the dr to cover on this type of injury? ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

Agno-me-ometer? Measuring Flexion?
Jan 07, 2010

Lumbar range of motion was assessed. She was able to forward flex only 30 degrees. This was a test using agno-me-ometer ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Shoulder Exam - S/l Forward Flexion On The "contrella" Side Nm
Jan 24, 2015

. ...