A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

breech delivery surgery help - Hiya07

Posted: Sep 24, 2014

and then using suprapubic pressure and a slightly "marso smelly bite" hold, the baby's head was easily delivered atraumatically. 

Doc says something before marso but it's so garbled, sounds like "altered," but my question is what's in quotes in first sentence.  TIA

Mauriceau-Smellie-Veit maneuver - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

U, my friend, ROCK! (nm) - Hiya07

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

not criticizing, perhaps marveling and maybe - suggesting

[ In Reply To ..]
I stuck --
breech marso smelly in an internet search and got that term.....I agree the respondent rocks, but I am also amazed at what the internet will do for us now!
Poster who posted answer... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I hit the same wall the first time I heard that term many years ago. I made a ShortHand entry for it because it is not heard very often and the spelling is difficult for me. Good luck to us all, and great that the Internet will bring it up now! I wish it would help train the doctors to open their mouths when they speak.
Not criticizing? - Hiya07
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad it worked for you, but I tried many different ways to find it and could not. Posting on MTStars was not my first option. So I believe you were criticizing that either I am a lame researcher or that I didn't bother. Why can't people just let it be. To the person who answered my question in a few minutes, thank you so much!!! We're here to help each other and appreciate it!!!
Really was just suggesting it because - sometimes answer not fast enough
[ In Reply To ..]
wonder if it is a difference in search engines? I use MSN. I got a bunch of different stuff with a Yahoo search yesterday on something completely unrelated. Really not criticizing...just suggesting to anyone and everyone. Good day to you and hope all of your searches work out!
some systems you can hold a document - some you have to let them go
[ In Reply To ..]
I have even searched for drugs by dosing and hit them occasionally.
No, you are right, sorry I responded at all - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Is This A Breech Of Ethics?
Jan 28, 2013

I want to apply to work at the hospital I transcribe for via MM. Can I tell them I work on their account and have for years? Is this some kind of breech of ethics? Can I tell them I work on this specialty in our town and not specifically say the name of the hospital? Does anybody know. Anybody else done this? I would not be applying for an MT job, just a general clerical or PSR, anything to get my foot in the door. I just love this hospital, familiar with the docs, want to work there, but ...

Labor And Delivery - Help
Mar 24, 2010

s/l  ...  ciesis at term, onset of labor pains... Thanks! ...

Delivery Method
Jan 08, 2011

s/l marichoo delivery technique ...

Print And Delivery
Jan 24, 2011

Do any of you print out the dictation for your clinics and deliver them?  If so what do you charge for that, if anything?  If you do not, what to you think is a fair charge for this service?  My clinic (5-7 providers daily transcribed) is about 2 miles away from my house. Thank you.   ...

Delivery Note, Need Help
Feb 08, 2012

inspection of the infant noted correct "blade" placement....??? ...

Type Of Delivery Cord
Apr 24, 2010

He says:  There was a loose ? cord that I reduced after delivery.  I can't make it out.  This is a obstetrics report. Thanks   ...

Delivery Note Question
May 15, 2011

After 3 doses of Cytotec, her cervix dilated to 2 to 3 cm and the head came down to "minus one zero" station.  Is it -1, 0 ?  ...

Discharge Diagnosis After Delivery
Jul 12, 2011

The doctor is saying the following .... Twenty units of Pitocin were administered postpartum. No pocalisis (????) was administered. I am not sure what the bold word is, it just sounds like this. ...

Labor And Delivery Websites?
Oct 13, 2011

Anyone know of a good site for labor and delivery terms?  I can't seem to find one that has anything beyond laymen terms. Thanks in advance! ...

Pizza Delivery....$9.75 Hr W/benefits!
Oct 20, 2012

that is much more than I am currently making!  wow! ...

Baby Was Delivered By National Delivery.
Sep 24, 2010

Guess they took over for the stork?  My ASR has also taken a holiday from all small words today:  is, was, the, and, then, etc.  I guess it has been threatened to be more productive also.  Just skip half the words and voila -- twice the production.  That gets really tedious hour after hour.  Disclaimer:  I am happy to have a job.  Do not wish to find another one.  Too old for career change.  Thank you. ...

How Much Extra Charge For Pickup/delivery?
Mar 01, 2011

I have a shot at picking up a (small) local account. The doctor hasn't called me yet to talk about it, and I have no idea whether he's equipped for digital transmission or not (believe me, I will do my best to talk him into it if he's not). But... just in case he insists upon pickup and delivery service, how much extra should I tell him that's going to cost? Flat rate? Mileage? How much?  (The local phone directory is not clear on where his office actually is located at ...

Re New Job Posting - $10/hr. For Tape Pickup + Printing/delivery
Jul 20, 2011

Just curious if anyone thinks that's a good deal.  And ad states "mini" cassette tapes too.  I did that 14 years ago and couldn't fathom going through it again.  Let alone for $10 per hour -- $20/hr big maybe, but not $10.  The driving, the typing, and the time to print +cost of printer ink/toner etc.  Doesn't add up to a great profit.   I know money is money, but am I thinking maybe $15 per hour might sound a little better?  Just wondering if t ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...

Ear Surgery
Apr 22, 2012

The doc is doing surgery in the middle ear region.  He says . . . "The s/l o-moon was retrace with a Wheatland retractor . . " ...

Surgery See Msg.
Jun 30, 2012

A s/l cardio device was used to close the right common femoral arteriotomy. ...

Bladder Surgery
Oct 24, 2009

the area on the trigone was just slightly raised tumor whereas above the left ureteral orifice and slightly down in a **bafond** the tumor was papillary in nature. ...

Nasal Surgery Help
Jan 18, 2010

This guy is talking a mile a minute and I can't slow it down at all.  This guy is talking a mild a minute with no speed control to speak of... 1.  Perioperative _____ surgical pledgets were placed in the nose. 2.  Bilateral _______ splints were placed in the nasal cavity and sutured to the midline with a 3-0 Prolene suture.  (something+astic splints    Almost sounds like full-astic or scho-lastic) Thanks! ME     ...

Surgery Marking Pen
Jan 26, 2010

Hard to understand doc is performing a mastectomy with what sounds like a "ski margin pen".  Any idea of what kind of marker pen he is using? ...

Brain Surgery.
Mar 11, 2010

The tumor was entered with the s/l kissa and I was able to gradually remove tumor working through the various densities of tumor. ...

GU Surgery; Villiforms?
Mar 15, 2010

Know villiform is a real word, just have not heard it in this context:  "There was a small false passage at the 6 o'clock position in the distal prostatic urethra; I suspect this is the area that presented difficulty with insertion of a Foley catheter and villiforms and dilators." It almost sounds as if an "F" is the first letter.  Any thoughts/suggestions/help welcomed.   Thanks.  ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Eye Surgery Terminology
Jun 29, 2010

Eye examination under anesthesia. #.   Placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye. #.   Incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle. Dictator is doing eye examination under anesthesia, placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye., incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle.   Does anyone know of a 2-dough-plast tissue?  I cannot hear "tonoplast."   ...

Ankle Surgery...
Jun 28, 2010

I'm having trouble deciphering a few words in this sentence dealing with ankle surgery to remove intracuticular sutures.  "Tourniquet was placed (about/above?) the left thigh and a (s/l bump) placed beneath the left hip.  The lower extremity was then prepped and draped in sterile fashion."  I can't tell if he's saying about or above, although I'm not sure if above would make any sense in that sentence, and I'm not sure if bump would make sense, either. ...

Neck Surgery ?
Jun 07, 2010

anyone heard of a product that s/l 'Bingo'? Implantation of B___________ PEEK spacer with 26 mm height, packed with local autogenous bone graft inserted between C5 to C7. ...

Surgery Tool
Jul 16, 2010

s/l Wesip grasper ...

Hemorrhoid Surgery
Jun 24, 2011

Has anyone heard the term hemorroid torid (torrid??) during hemorroidopexy?  ...

Back Surgery
Jan 08, 2011

The patient underwent back surgery which was further complicated with diskitis of L4-L5 resulting in recurrent s/l thrombolotic lopathies. ...