A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ankle surgery... - sw

Posted: Jun 28, 2010

I'm having trouble deciphering a few words in this sentence dealing with ankle surgery to remove intracuticular sutures.  "Tourniquet was placed (about/above?) the left thigh and a (s/l bump) placed beneath the left hip.  The lower extremity was then prepped and draped in sterile fashion."  I can't tell if he's saying about or above, although I'm not sure if above would make any sense in that sentence, and I'm not sure if bump would make sense, either.

Above and pump? - J-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
j

About and bump - Oracle

[ In Reply To ..]
If you think about the first one, what is above the thigh that the surgeon could be a tourniquet around for ankle surgery? The waist?

And they like to put a bump under the hip because it takes the pressure off that side of the body so it's easier to move the ankle around for the surgery.

Similar Messages:

Ankle Replacement Surgery
Nov 12, 2010

Has anyone heard of what s/l a DADUM being used in a STAR ankle surgery?  I've researched as many spellings as my imagination can think of and still cannot find anything on Google. Thanks! ...

Ankle Surgery, S/l Peronestocious Tendon
Sep 09, 2010

TIA ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

MRI Of The Ankle
Apr 13, 2010

Transcribing an MRI of the ankle.  The sentence is: There is significant "s/l low" signal on "s/l T1" and a demarcated appearance consistent with changes of avascular necrosis. Any clues?  I swear I keep hearing T1 on that second blank.  It's driving me batty!  Thanks in advance.   ...

MRI Ankle
May 07, 2010

Can someone tell me if it is cartilage "aversion" or "eversion"?  When I look it up, I only find stuff for dogs. ...

Right Ankle
Oct 22, 2010

Please help with this statement: [Instantly?] there it is [probable?] accessory ossicle configuration of the posterior process of the talus. and is "sufficially" a word? ...

Ankle/Ortho
Nov 09, 2009

Hi..pt has sprained ankle.  My first concern is whether she has any s/l BMEL and we will get an MRI to see that. Any clues about the BMEL?  Thanks!  ...

Ankle Weakness
Jul 14, 2010

Doctor says, "but she was weak in her ankles, which is (s/l gastroc weakness). ...

Ankle Brace
Aug 10, 2010

Spider ankle brace or Spyder ankle brace? ...

Ankle Calcification...
Aug 24, 2010

"Nodule on the left shin - RA nodule vs. (s/l lipolneurosis) calcification vs. other - monitor." Any ideas?  I couldn't find anything close online. ...

S/l Cercudux The Ankle
Jan 10, 2011

...there is some popping when he s/l cercudux the ankle, but I have difficulty localizing it with my fingers. TIA. ...

Ankle Synovitis
Apr 13, 2011

Hi all.  I have the mumbler again.  He is saying:  significant tenderness across the area of the anteromedial and anterolateral aspects of the ankle suggestive of ___ synovitis.  Indochondotoid synovitis????   I'm stuck.  ...

Ankle Exam
Mar 20, 2012

I have discussed with him the possibility of triglycerate patches as well over the posterior aspect of his ankle as well as PRP injections in the future.  Thanks for any help!!  ...

Two Stumpers On MRI Of Ankle. Sm
Jun 27, 2012

MRI of the ankle demonstrates s/l "concue" cutaneous/subcutaneous lesion of the distal medial anterior s/l terigo region associated with subcutaneous inflammation.    Super fast talker, if that helps ...

Ankle Fracture
Feb 26, 2013

Sounds like "casane" spike.  Related to ankle fracture/dislocation ...

?stylix Of The Ankle
Feb 24, 2014

Can anyone help me with the above work.  He says it several times in the report, but I cannot find a correct spelling.  TIA ...

Ankle Radiograph
Sep 26, 2014

Okay, this guy is talking at about the speed of light.  I'm hearing "I reviewed AP, lateral and mortise radiographs involving the right ankle, which demonstrate an s/l **ostraygunnum**."  Geez! ...

Need Help With Ankle Injury - Peon Or P1???
Dec 16, 2009

The doctor is either saying the patient has a peon or a P1 ankle injury or something like that but I can find neither after a thorough search.  Can anyone help?  The fx is in slight varus  if that helps.  Pt. has had external fixation.  Patient has a type III-A injury.  Any clue? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.  Have a great night!  :-) ...

Ortho Help Ankle ORIF
Jul 02, 2010

Physical examination shows a minimal amount of swelling with a positive (s/l renkle) sign around the ankle.  He is pretty clear, but is very fast today. Thanks! ME     ...

Musculoskeletal Exam/ankle
Aug 23, 2010

I'm having trouble figuring out what is being said in the musculoskeletal portion of this physical exam.  "Full range of motion of the ankles.  No (s/l ankle ITP) tenderness."  It kind of sounds like there is an "M" sound in there between ankle and ITP, but it could just be that she is running the words together. ...

S/l Tore Off Ankle Brace
Nov 16, 2010

We discussed wearing a s/l tore off ankle brace to improve her gait. TIA.   ...

Need Help Please, S/l P To A Screw For ORIF Of Ankle?
Jun 08, 2012

x ...

Ankle Examination... Please See Message
Jul 11, 2014

The doc is saying: She has localized numbness over the distribution of her S/L BRONEE-I at and distal to the lateral malleolus. She has weak S/L BRONEE-I with very weak eversion. He is an ESL doc..... TIA ...

Screws Used For Ankle ORIF...
Feb 19, 2015

Sounds like the doc is saying "Holston" screws..... TIA. ...

Anterocentral Or Anterior-central Ankle
Dec 21, 2010

...there is tenderness over the anterior-central or anterocentral ankle. TIA ...

S/l Tortilis Fracture In Ankle Exam
Jul 07, 2011

In an ankle x-ray, s/l  tortilis fracture.  Doc has an Indian accent.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Question Regarding Healed Ankle Sprain...psm
Jul 23, 2012

Doc dictates patient has excellent range of motion pf ankle, some soreness, good strength, compartments are soft, and s/l gross instability of his ankle.  Diagnosis is a healed ankle sprain.  I may not be hearing it correctly, but it does s/l gross instability.  Are there any other possibilities or is this a possibility with a healed sprain? Thank you for any help. ...

MRI Scan Of Ankle Shows S/l Mon-chial Spread Of
Jun 01, 2011

x ...

Alignment View For Foot And Ankle Issues
Dec 14, 2011

Patient has Bilateral endstage osteoarthritis with equinovalgus deformities.  Doctor dictates he needs further radiographic studies of the hindfoot region, specifically with standing axial or ---- (s/l coal-bee) alignment views. Ideas?     ...

Ortho Help, Anyone Ever Heard Of A S/l Hobser Shoe For Ankle Sprain? TIA.
Oct 16, 2009

x ...