A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Eye surgery terminology - Teardrop

Posted: Jun 29, 2010

Eye examination under anesthesia.
#.   Placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye.
#.   Incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle.
Dictator is doing eye examination under anesthesia, placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye., incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle.

Does anyone know of a 2-dough-plast tissue?  I cannot hear "tonoplast."  

can you hear - pseudoplastic?

[ In Reply To ..]

Shucks, I thought for sure this was right, but I can't get the "T" sound to go away. - Teardrop

[ In Reply To ..]
But thanks for taking the time to post your reply. I appreciate your effort. This is so clear, I'm tempted to give him a phonetic, but will use a blank instead.

how about Tutoplast? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
/

YES! - Teardrop

[ In Reply To ..]
That's EXACTLY right! Wonder why Google didn't offer that up before? Thank you!

Similar Messages:

GYN TERMINOLOGY
Sep 13, 2012

The sentence reads:  Status post vaginal polypectomy with luteinized cells secondary to ovary which was bound down to the cuff at s/l BS&O or VS&O or VSNO???? Thanks! ...

Eye Terminology
Dec 01, 2012

"Once the intraocular lens was in the capsular bag it was realized that the lens was a Toric ReSTOR and not a (plane/plain) ReSTOR." not sure which plane/plain, cannot find anywhere. ...

HEENT Terminology
Nov 06, 2009

Patient has pain in the right submandibular triangle. It is recommended that he have a "sialadenosubmandibular duct endoscopy." Is there such a term? Thanks. ...

Medical Terminology
Mar 22, 2010

Tachy palpitations is this tachy/palpitations or tachy-palpitations or one word? ...

Terminology - S/l Dyssyneresis
Mar 31, 2011

There was (s/l) dyssyneresis between the septum and the posterolateral wall on left ventriculography. - Cannot find in medical dictionary or medical speller. Any ideas? ...

Tracheostomy Terminology
Mar 28, 2012

"Ongoing tracheostomy with 8 liters of oxygen per the s/l HAG (or HEG) flow by." I haven't found anything with the "HAG" or "HEG" yet or even anything on a tracheostomy "flow by".  He sometimes dictates things backwards and I have to reword quite a bit.   ...

Dermatology Terminology
Apr 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a good dermatology website?  Thanks! ...

Spinal Terminology
Nov 15, 2012

This PA is dictating MRI lab results for spinal consultation.  She is saying what s/l "roove sleeve cis" at T9 to T12 bilaterally. Could she be meaning "root sleeve cysts" or even "root sheath cysts" ?? Thanks for any help!  ...

Help With CABG Terminology
Jul 05, 2013

12 years on nephrology and first day on cardiology -- I'm sure this is obvious, but I've googled and cannot find something that works. Status post multivessel CABG (5 vessel - LIMA to LAD, free RIMA to OM1, sequential SVG to acute marginal and s/l LPLB2, and SVG to diagonal 1 - Dr. Clarence Owen).   ...

Amazing That We Know Terminology For
Jun 17, 2014

I'm sure most doctors can't hold a candle to our knowledge of terminology for the dozens of specialities out there, including surgical terms.  Are we underpaid or what?? ...

Dermatology/Plastics Terminology
Dec 15, 2009

Where would I find terminology for the abofe subject. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

Radiation Therapy Terminology? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

Anyone know of a good site(s) to get in-depth radiation therapy terminology?  I have about 50 jobs in queue and have never typed it!  Thought I'd ask here if anyone has a site they like while I continue to look for one.  Thanks a million for any help!  ...

Websites Or Books For OP Terminology
Dec 01, 2011

Meant to post in the word help section.  Hopefully it gets moved.  Sorry. I have been a clinic transcriptionist for 14 years in all specialties but have very little hospital experience and no experience with OP notes.  I started a new job this week and was asked if I wanted to try hospital/OP notes so I said sure.  I figured since my production and accuracy were going to be lower due to the new platform, account specs, dictators, etc., it would be as good a time as ...

Spanish Medical Terminology
Dec 29, 2011

I need suggestions for programs that teach medical terminology in Spanish.  Thanks.  ...

PET Scan Imaging Report Terminology Help Needed!
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to paste the paragraph two words are located in that I'm having trouble with.  I am hoping that someone who is familiar with radiology terminology can help me out on this.  It sounds to me like the physician is saying:  subcurrent and precurrent.  I've gone to every source I can think of, but no luck in confirming that this makes any sense. Here's the paragraph: IMAGING EVALUATION:  PET CT scan done [___] reveals hypermetabolic adenopathy in ...

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...

Ear Surgery
Apr 22, 2012

The doc is doing surgery in the middle ear region.  He says . . . "The s/l o-moon was retrace with a Wheatland retractor . . " ...

Surgery See Msg.
Jun 30, 2012

A s/l cardio device was used to close the right common femoral arteriotomy. ...

Bladder Surgery
Oct 24, 2009

the area on the trigone was just slightly raised tumor whereas above the left ureteral orifice and slightly down in a **bafond** the tumor was papillary in nature. ...

Nasal Surgery Help
Jan 18, 2010

This guy is talking a mile a minute and I can't slow it down at all.  This guy is talking a mild a minute with no speed control to speak of... 1.  Perioperative _____ surgical pledgets were placed in the nose. 2.  Bilateral _______ splints were placed in the nasal cavity and sutured to the midline with a 3-0 Prolene suture.  (something+astic splints    Almost sounds like full-astic or scho-lastic) Thanks! ME     ...

Surgery Marking Pen
Jan 26, 2010

Hard to understand doc is performing a mastectomy with what sounds like a "ski margin pen".  Any idea of what kind of marker pen he is using? ...

Brain Surgery.
Mar 11, 2010

The tumor was entered with the s/l kissa and I was able to gradually remove tumor working through the various densities of tumor. ...

GU Surgery; Villiforms?
Mar 15, 2010

Know villiform is a real word, just have not heard it in this context:  "There was a small false passage at the 6 o'clock position in the distal prostatic urethra; I suspect this is the area that presented difficulty with insertion of a Foley catheter and villiforms and dilators." It almost sounds as if an "F" is the first letter.  Any thoughts/suggestions/help welcomed.   Thanks.  ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Ankle Surgery...
Jun 28, 2010

I'm having trouble deciphering a few words in this sentence dealing with ankle surgery to remove intracuticular sutures.  "Tourniquet was placed (about/above?) the left thigh and a (s/l bump) placed beneath the left hip.  The lower extremity was then prepped and draped in sterile fashion."  I can't tell if he's saying about or above, although I'm not sure if above would make any sense in that sentence, and I'm not sure if bump would make sense, either. ...

Neck Surgery ?
Jun 07, 2010

anyone heard of a product that s/l 'Bingo'? Implantation of B___________ PEEK spacer with 26 mm height, packed with local autogenous bone graft inserted between C5 to C7. ...