A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is this a breech of ethics? - me

Posted: Jan 28, 2013

I want to apply to work at the hospital I transcribe for via MM. Can I tell them I work on their account and have for years? Is this some kind of breech of ethics? Can I tell them I work on this specialty in our town and not specifically say the name of the hospital? Does anybody know. Anybody else done this? I would not be applying for an MT job, just a general clerical or PSR, anything to get my foot in the door. I just love this hospital, familiar with the docs, want to work there, but can I tell them I have worked on their account? Is that divulging too much info? I would not divulge any of MMs other clients to anyone else, but I am confused about this. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Breech of Ethics - MTME

[ In Reply To ..]
I would just put MM as your current employer; no details. If they ask you, then you can tell them. If you applied at another job, like a dentist office for example, you would just put MM as your current or last employer. Ethics, you are worried about Ethics with MM. Just get out. They are about as ethical as a snake or even lower!

It's a plus that you know their "system" - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't know all of it, but you know the doc names, specialties, other details, separate from patient info...that's a plus...it's like you've already got a foot (or at least a side of a toe) in the door already...

That's what I was thinking - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I know the specialty and it would get me a foot in the door, but is it wrong to disclose the name of MM's client even to that client? Can we have no contact with the clients whatsoever for like 1 year?

MM has no problem getting a hospital - account and making MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
who worked for that hospital either quit and lose their jobs or work for MM with crapy pay. To me it goes both ways.

I do like the post where it states just put you worked for MM. Good luck to you. Wish you the very best! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Check the policy section - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
Check the policies on the M*Modal website. Also check the employee handbook, as well as any contract or job application you may have signed. At one time MRC and MQ had a "no competition" clause in the job application that was signed by every employee. I know of three cases where an MT and/or manager left to go to another company, then tried to solicit MRC/MQ employees to the company they left MRC/MQ for. MRC/MQ filed a lawsuit against the former employee, as well as the new company they worked for. I understand it not exactly the same situation, but it is all in the terminology.

To be on the safe side, I would just say that you worked for MM. If they ask specifically if you are familiar with their account or format, then you can tell them. After all, you can't withhold information on an application when you are specifically asked, I believe that is illegal, so that would be your loop hole if you needed one.

No way is that a breech of ethics... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and kudos to you for even worrying about ethics regarding a company that has none whatsoever. You say you're not even looking to do transcription for them, so I really can't see any way possible that being some kind of conflict. I'm excited for you - I hope that works out for you! :)

But does the hospital Like MM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are not happy with the job MM is doing for them, knowing you work(ed) there might not be a good idea.

Breech ??? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably everybody knows this already - but your name is on the reports you type for that hospital - so it would not be any news to them that you know their system when you tell them you worked for MM - and it would not be anything to do with breech of ethics if you told them you typed their reports.

Plus who cares..mm has done sooooo much for us - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

IMO no breech - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
A breech would be involved if you were trying to take the account from MM or if you were trying to hire on as an MT. You said you would be hiring on in another capacity, so that would not be a breech IMO.

breech - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not the word police (far from it), but isn't it breach?

oops yes of course it is breach...I am home sick with cold...not thinking well! nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Breech Delivery Surgery Help
Sep 24, 2014

and then using suprapubic pressure and a slightly "marso smelly bite" hold, the baby's head was easily delivered atraumatically.  Doc says something before marso but it's so garbled, sounds like "altered," but my question is what's in quotes in first sentence.  TIA ...

IC Ethics Question
Apr 20, 2010

I was recently asked by a recruiter to provide recent and most current management/supervisor references from the 'middle-man' MT service companies for which I have provided IC services.  I did not think this was an appropriate thing to do.  Am I wrong? ...

Ethics Question
Jan 14, 2012

Is it illegal, or unethical, for a provider to talk about the patient's health insurance coverage, whether or not they're able to pay, in their medical report?  ...

What Constitues An Ethics Violation?
Apr 21, 2010

Hello, One of my friends here at MQ was just put back on 100% QA after one bad audit.  Now, due to First Time Right, she will be making 3 cpl less for ALL HER LINES since it all is going to QA - except for that 10% allowance that she has. This is just SO not right!!!  How is anyone supposed to live on a pay cut like that?  For 8-9 cpl, it's a 30% pay cut! Is this reportable to anyone?  (If anyone would care...)  What can we do about this - besides quit? ...

Question About Ethics Regarding Billing, Etc.
Jan 18, 2011

I have just recently started working at a doctor's office.  I do the transcription.  Sometimes when I have a report on a patient who has BCBS insurance, the billing person will come in and tell me to go back into the report from a few days back and take out one of the two x-rays dictated and to do a seperate x-ray report with a different date.  To me, it doesnt sound right.  It raises a big red flag.  I do not work in billing and I am new to the office environment, ...

MModal Work Ethics
Aug 27, 2013

If certain people feel strong enough, maybe CNN's Morgan Spurlock would be a good person to contact.  I've been watching his program on Sunday evenings, and the last one had to do with unions.  I'm not for unionizing (bad experience a long time ago), but many things brought up during the piece were relevant to our experiences working with MModal.  Check him out and see. ...

Nuance Wants A Positive? Here's One. Even One Person With Ethics
Jan 05, 2015

Unfortunately, the ones with ethics are not speaking out, not challenging the decisionmakers. Maybe they're all gone by now? Or cowering in fear of their own jobs. Yeah, now THAT is a positive corporate culture.     ...

Ethics Question About A Life-threatening Issue Posed By Teacher
May 26, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm an MT student who doing a bit of research for one of my classes, and I wanted to ask some real MT's about this one. My teacher posed to us this question: "What if you were privy to information in the same setting of transcribing 2 different clinics who apparently have a shared client, and you found out something about the patient that you perceived as seriously potentially life threatening?  What if there was a medication prescribed in one contex ...