A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How much extra charge for pickup/delivery? - Older than dirt

Posted: Mar 01, 2011

I have a shot at picking up a (small) local account. The doctor hasn't called me yet to talk about it, and I have no idea whether he's equipped for digital transmission or not (believe me, I will do my best to talk him into it if he's not).

But... just in case he insists upon pickup and delivery service, how much extra should I tell him that's going to cost? Flat rate? Mileage? How much?  (The local phone directory is not clear on where his office actually is located at the moment; it could be quite close, or it could be over the hill in the next town, depending on whom one believes.)

Hopefully, it won't come to that, 'cause I'm not exactly made of spare time... but if anyone has any suggestions to offer on this topic, I'd love to hear them, so I can be as prepared as possible when I get that call.

Thanks!

When I did that, I just incorporated it into my - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
charge per line. I did charge an extra $5 per extra trip in, but I did not have a stand alone charge for pick up and delivery, it was just part of the overall bill.

If I could be REALLY nosy, and ask... - how much extra per line

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. :)

Nevermind, he wants nothing to do with pickup and delivery :) - Older than dirt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks much to those who responded anyway.

Similar Messages:

Re New Job Posting - $10/hr. For Tape Pickup + Printing/delivery
Jul 20, 2011

Just curious if anyone thinks that's a good deal.  And ad states "mini" cassette tapes too.  I did that 14 years ago and couldn't fathom going through it again.  Let alone for $10 per hour -- $20/hr big maybe, but not $10.  The driving, the typing, and the time to print +cost of printer ink/toner etc.  Doesn't add up to a great profit.   I know money is money, but am I thinking maybe $15 per hour might sound a little better?  Just wondering if t ...

Labor And Delivery - Help
Mar 24, 2010

s/l  ...  ciesis at term, onset of labor pains... Thanks! ...

Delivery Method
Jan 08, 2011

s/l marichoo delivery technique ...

Print And Delivery
Jan 24, 2011

Do any of you print out the dictation for your clinics and deliver them?  If so what do you charge for that, if anything?  If you do not, what to you think is a fair charge for this service?  My clinic (5-7 providers daily transcribed) is about 2 miles away from my house. Thank you.   ...

Delivery Note, Need Help
Feb 08, 2012

inspection of the infant noted correct "blade" placement....??? ...

Type Of Delivery Cord
Apr 24, 2010

He says:  There was a loose ? cord that I reduced after delivery.  I can't make it out.  This is a obstetrics report. Thanks   ...

Delivery Note Question
May 15, 2011

After 3 doses of Cytotec, her cervix dilated to 2 to 3 cm and the head came down to "minus one zero" station.  Is it -1, 0 ?  ...

Discharge Diagnosis After Delivery
Jul 12, 2011

The doctor is saying the following .... Twenty units of Pitocin were administered postpartum. No pocalisis (????) was administered. I am not sure what the bold word is, it just sounds like this. ...

Labor And Delivery Websites?
Oct 13, 2011

Anyone know of a good site for labor and delivery terms?  I can't seem to find one that has anything beyond laymen terms. Thanks in advance! ...

Pizza Delivery....$9.75 Hr W/benefits!
Oct 20, 2012

that is much more than I am currently making!  wow! ...

Breech Delivery Surgery Help
Sep 24, 2014

and then using suprapubic pressure and a slightly "marso smelly bite" hold, the baby's head was easily delivered atraumatically.  Doc says something before marso but it's so garbled, sounds like "altered," but my question is what's in quotes in first sentence.  TIA ...

Baby Was Delivered By National Delivery.
Sep 24, 2010

Guess they took over for the stork?  My ASR has also taken a holiday from all small words today:  is, was, the, and, then, etc.  I guess it has been threatened to be more productive also.  Just skip half the words and voila -- twice the production.  That gets really tedious hour after hour.  Disclaimer:  I am happy to have a job.  Do not wish to find another one.  Too old for career change.  Thank you. ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...

How Much Should I Charge?
Dec 06, 2012

Hello!  I am a fairly new MT (2 years experience) and I am currently doing IC work.  I have been approached by a physician (that I used to work for as a medical assistant) to do her transcription for her as she has gone out on her own and has a private practice now.  It is a family practice, so pretty basic office visit notes.  My question is what should I charge her per line?  OR should I charge per report, per page, or what?  I'm not sure yet that her EM ...

EMR - How Much To Charge?
Feb 13, 2013

One of my groups is switching to EPIC and is requesting I prepopulate the return patient information into the system to generate individualized templates before their next clinic visit. No way to charge by the line. Anyone have any idea what the going rate range should be for this type of work? ...

What To Charge???
Apr 02, 2013

I have been asked to transcribe written reports....type the written reports.  I have never done this before....what is charged for this type of transcription?  I have only charged for transcribing dictated reports.   PLEASE HELP! ...

Help! What Should I Charge?
May 14, 2013

I have an opportunity to work with a local, successful Midwestern 6-physician ENT practice.  They want to know what I charge per line.  I'm currently with a larger MTSO and have been for years.  Back in the good old days I could charge my own clients by the gross line, 15, 17, 18 cents.  But those days are gone.  I don't want to lose the ENT group to an MTSO or other middleman. What is a fair rate for transcription (with no delivery or printing) these days?&nb ...

Help!! What To Charge
Feb 19, 2014

My husband's doctor called wanting me to do some transcription for them.  I am not sure what to charge.  She is ESL and can be difficult as I have gotten some of her work through the hospital account.  These would be clinical notes, straight typing.   She has put them on tapes.  Of course, needs them sometie in March -- over 100 of them.  Also I have Word 2007 and 2010 -  do they have a line count feature.  It has been a very, very long time ...

So Just Who Is In Charge Of OT - BR Or PK? Can Tell BR
May 01, 2015

is back with the MOT.  Makes you wonder why that wasn't so important while she was away. Mmmm - power/control trip!?! ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...