A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

abdominal surgery word/technique - HELP!!

Posted: Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice:

"A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized."

and again

"A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized."

I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment.

Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I'm not sure what the word is after it.

Thanks in advance!

Ballottement maybe? - Just Guessing

[ In Reply To ..]
Just guessing since I appear to be the only other soul awake tonight :-)

Similar Messages:

Snits In Abdominal Surgery
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone heard of "linea alba lifted between snits" in abdominal or liver surgery?  Is it an abbreviation?  Thanks. ...

Shoulder Surgery: Then Microfracture Technique Was Carried Out With ??? Pick
Feb 14, 2011

Then microfracture technique was carried out with s/l "ardwick" pkcks.   Thanks for any help.  ...

Surgery For Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Jun 15, 2010

Sounds like hypigastric??? ...

Performing Finger Fracture (?) In Abdominal Surgery
Mar 15, 2013

Op Report for open sigmoid colectomy.   ...the mass almost felt concrete over the sacral promontory. A lot of (s/l finger fracture) was performed in this manner, taking care not to enter the retroperitoneal space or structures bilaterally other than the sigmoid. Have not been able to confirm this term. TIA for any help! ...

Laparoscopic Surgery - Fifth Or Fist Abdominal Pressure?
May 15, 2013

nm ...

Plastic Surgery: Measures Excess Abdominal Tissue, "ptongee"
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

S/l Vesiseal Stapler Or Vestiseal Stapler (colon/abdominal Surgery)
Mar 25, 2014

x ...

Word Help.. In Abdominal Examination S/l No Evidence Of Peri-orientation
Jan 16, 2010

I appreicate  your help..  ...

Abdominal Surgery S/l "dij" Adhesions
Dec 18, 2012

Abdominal surgery for lysis of of "dij" adhesions and stomach repair. Could this be "digestive" adhesions?? "digestive tract" adhesions?? ...

Word Help - Surgery
Mar 06, 2013

Not used to doing op notes but sometimes my cardiothoracic surgeon dictates one to me, so here it goes: "In the process of cleaning everything up afterwards, I did resect the final half inch of first rib with ***s/l ron-sures*** and put that in a cup for pathologic examination." ...

CT Surgery Word Help!
Oct 09, 2013

Copied/pasted as dictated: A 4-branched "Caselli" graft was then anastomosed to the open end of the aortic arch right at the level of the left subclavian after removing the septum from the arch and further opening up the ostium of the entire arch vessels. s/l Kuh sell ee ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help, Please
Jun 21, 2010

She is status post left lower eyelid lesion and s/l radioplaning of multiple seborrheic keratoses.  Any ideas??? TIA!!! ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help
Oct 12, 2010

facial plastic surgery, in submental crease, preserving submentalis muscle.  Subperiosteal dissection was then carried over the "pegonion" over the central symphysis.  Cannot document "pegonion."  Thanks for any help. ...

Orthopedic Surgery Word
Sep 30, 2011

I am stumped on a surgical report.  It talks about an Achilles rupture, and states that it has 3-months quinicity (sp?).  Totally stumped on this word and it is driving me nuts!  Any ideas???   Thanks in advance,   Denise ...

Surgery Word Help. S/l Bando Sm
Jun 06, 2012

Steri-Strips were applied.  Dry, sterile gauze dressings were applied above this.  TopiFoam was also applied to the lower pole, and all dressings were secured in place with a surgical compression garment.  A  s/l "Bando" superiorly was applied.  I have googled what I think it sounds like and checked a couple of Stedman books.  Thanks for any help, Mary      ...

Surgery Word Help - Endoscoop
Jul 06, 2013

Please, I need help.  I cannot verify this word "endoscoop" anywhere in my reference books or the internet search.  It does make sense to scoop the pieces, I just can't find this word.  Maybe I an heaing it wrong or spelling it incorrectly. This is an OB/GYN surgical op note for a ruputred ectopic pregnancy,  laparoscopic left salpingectomy with removal of ectopic mass. He is saying:   The ectopic mass was then amputated with a scissors dissection.  This ...

In Surgery End Seal Cautery, Is It 1 Word Or 2 - Nm
Oct 20, 2009

x ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

Help With MRI Technique, Please
Apr 14, 2011

Doc is doing an MRI of the foot and says the technique is:  "Long axis inversion recovery, sagittal T1, inversion recovery, and short axis fat suppressed proton density. " I have added the commas but I'm not confident about it AT ALL.  Any help, please?  Does anyone know of a web site that explains all this terminology?  Thanks! ...

MRI Technique - 3B
Jan 23, 2013

This is new to me - "axial diffusion weighted imaging with 3B values including b50, b500 and b1000."  In Googling this, I see both lower case (b50) and upper case (B50).  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks. ...

S/l Coogal Technique
Jan 13, 2010

left inguinal hernia repair via ________ technique....any ideas? ...

Is It Some New Management Technique Not To Say Thank You To
Sep 22, 2010

I'm a high producer and self starter. I don't need hand-holding.  But, geesh, it's just human nature to want to hear a sincere, individual compliment for a job well done sometimes, if for no other reason than it motivates me to do a better job and make the company more money.  At some point, it seems most management has started to treat the worker bees as enemies instead of part of the team.  It's short-sighted and lazy, and I know it has to be costin ...

S/l McKally's Technique
Dec 19, 2010

s/l McKally's technique   has to do with ACL injury ...

S/l Bullseye Technique
Mar 17, 2011

SI joint injected using the s/l bullseye technique ...

Questions On Your Technique
Jun 12, 2011

I am wondering what method you all use for transcribing.  Do you listen and type word for word, or do you listen to the complete thought before typing it?  Has anyone who was formally trained been taught a certain way?  Has anyone switched from technique to another and seen a difference one way or another?  I am continually trying to find ways to improve speed without a lot of success.  I am very frustrated and having difficulty paying my bills. Also, in case it co ...

Cardiology Technique
May 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of a rotoshaver (?) technique used in Cardiology? ...

A New Bypass Technique
Jun 30, 2011

Has anyone ever done a "pneumograph tunnel technique" for operation entitled  Two-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting.   2-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting?  Preop is left main coronary stenosis. ...

Koch Technique
Apr 30, 2012

What is the Koch technique?   ...

Epidural Technique
Mar 31, 2014

Lumbar epidural, sounds like "herbal ottman" technique. cannot find anything when I search for it. it always goes with using a glass syringe. ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...