A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CT surgery word help! - AMT

Posted: Oct 09, 2013

Copied/pasted as dictated: A 4-branched "Caselli" graft was then anastomosed to the open end of the aortic arch right at the level of the left subclavian after removing the septum from the arch and further opening up the ostium of the entire arch vessels. s/l Kuh sell ee

Googled - found Coselli but didn't research further - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Found it, it's Coselli, yes. TY. Stupid Google won't find it off by 1 letter! n/m - AMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yeah, it's all Google's fault - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Word Help - Surgery
Mar 06, 2013

Not used to doing op notes but sometimes my cardiothoracic surgeon dictates one to me, so here it goes: "In the process of cleaning everything up afterwards, I did resect the final half inch of first rib with ***s/l ron-sures*** and put that in a cup for pathologic examination." ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help, Please
Jun 21, 2010

She is status post left lower eyelid lesion and s/l radioplaning of multiple seborrheic keratoses.  Any ideas??? TIA!!! ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help
Oct 12, 2010

facial plastic surgery, in submental crease, preserving submentalis muscle.  Subperiosteal dissection was then carried over the "pegonion" over the central symphysis.  Cannot document "pegonion."  Thanks for any help. ...

Orthopedic Surgery Word
Sep 30, 2011

I am stumped on a surgical report.  It talks about an Achilles rupture, and states that it has 3-months quinicity (sp?).  Totally stumped on this word and it is driving me nuts!  Any ideas???   Thanks in advance,   Denise ...

Surgery Word Help. S/l Bando Sm
Jun 06, 2012

Steri-Strips were applied.  Dry, sterile gauze dressings were applied above this.  TopiFoam was also applied to the lower pole, and all dressings were secured in place with a surgical compression garment.  A  s/l "Bando" superiorly was applied.  I have googled what I think it sounds like and checked a couple of Stedman books.  Thanks for any help, Mary      ...

Surgery Word Help - Endoscoop
Jul 06, 2013

Please, I need help.  I cannot verify this word "endoscoop" anywhere in my reference books or the internet search.  It does make sense to scoop the pieces, I just can't find this word.  Maybe I an heaing it wrong or spelling it incorrectly. This is an OB/GYN surgical op note for a ruputred ectopic pregnancy,  laparoscopic left salpingectomy with removal of ectopic mass. He is saying:   The ectopic mass was then amputated with a scissors dissection.  This ...

In Surgery End Seal Cautery, Is It 1 Word Or 2 - Nm
Oct 20, 2009

x ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...

Ear Surgery
Apr 22, 2012

The doc is doing surgery in the middle ear region.  He says . . . "The s/l o-moon was retrace with a Wheatland retractor . . " ...

Surgery See Msg.
Jun 30, 2012

A s/l cardio device was used to close the right common femoral arteriotomy. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

Anyone Work For Word For Word Transcription?
Mar 14, 2010

Just have to vent.  I have been filling out applications for days.  I know MTSOs can set any requirements they want, but you would think that if there is a very specific requirement that instantly disqualifies some Medical Transcriptionists, that would be right up there at the top, BEFORE they ask you to sign in and answer a bunch of questions (including providing reference names and attaching a resume).  I did all that, and THEN, I got the following message: "Thank you for your ...

Word For Word Transcription In Florida
Mar 15, 2010

Looking for recent information on this company.  Couldn't find anything recent in the archives and really not sure if the comments I did find were for this company or not since there are other companies with the same name.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Word 2003 And Latest Word
Jan 11, 2012

Have a new computer with windows 7.  Haven't set it up yet.  Can I install word 2003 and also whatever the latest word is (2007?).  Should one be installed before the other?   My computer tech retired and haven't found a new one yet.  Thanks for any info.  ...