A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shoulder surgery: then microfracture technique was carried out with ??? pick - Terri

Posted: Feb 14, 2011

Then microfracture technique was carried out with s/l "ardwick" pkcks.   Thanks for any help. 

Got it: Arthrex Thanks anyway! - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Shoulder Surgery Term
May 18, 2011

Dictated:  The rotator cuff was mobilized with the (Frear and the Kingfisher) and satisfactory mobilization was able to be achieved. Clearly spoken - and I can't find "Frear" and "Kingfisher" to verify.   Any help, please ... thank you. ...

Shoulder Surgery Question
Aug 18, 2011

The patient is having ATS/ACLR surgery. I know that ACLR stands for anterior capsulolabral reconstruction.  Any ideas on the ATS?  Thank you. ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

Microfracture
Jul 08, 2011

Good morning.    Note reads:  PT will need arthroscopy for meniscal issues, also assess lateral femoral condyle.  He may need a microfracture.  Then the DR says: "I know this procedure has ___ consideration.  S/L closing consideration.  Is that right?  The diagnoses are:  Left lateral knee pain with early degenerative joint disease, osteochondral lesion of the lateral femoral condyle, and lateral meniscus pathology.  ...

PTO Carried Over
Dec 12, 2013

How many hours can we carry over with Nuance?  Transcend allowed us 20 but I think it is more now. ...

Orthopedics- S/l Cater Or Carried Her
Aug 04, 2010

It was obvious that it was impinging in the anterior aspect of the shoulder as we s/l cater or carried her into about 95 degrees of a reduction with internal rotation. Can't figure this one out. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Just Superficial To The Platysmal Fibers That Crossed This Area, Dissection Was Carried Out.
Feb 06, 2010

This is what he said, but I wonder if "superficial" is correct here. Thanks ...

Microfracture S/l "alls" Were Then Brought Sm
Jul 03, 2013

The trochlear lesion is débrided with the suction shaver and then the curette is brought in to take off the calcified layer adjacent to the bones to prepare it for microfracture chondroplasty. The microfracture s/l alts/alls were then brought in and microfracture was performed.  You can tell this is not my regular doctor and they are going 100 miles a minute because they are used to the regular transcriptionist of 15 years!!  Thanks for any help!     ...

As If They Are Really Going To Pick
Apr 17, 2013

question ...

Need To Pick A Brain Please
Sep 28, 2011

I  do not usually do ORs and am baffled.  I am covering for another MT.   I am not sure how to type this "running loop O PDS suture". As usual, thanks for all you gracious help! ...

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Looks Like QA Really Can Pick And Choose!
Jan 04, 2015

After browsing around in FIESA, I found what looks to be an instruction manual for the people who audit us and after looking at it, it sure does look like they can pick and choose which reports to audit, rather than randomly. I have also had the worst dictators audited more than the good ones. Of course it's easier to find a mistake that way and easier to keep our pay down! Remember 7 cpl is really equal to only 3.5 cpl if most of your jobs are VR. ...

Help With MRI Technique, Please
Apr 14, 2011

Doc is doing an MRI of the foot and says the technique is:  "Long axis inversion recovery, sagittal T1, inversion recovery, and short axis fat suppressed proton density. " I have added the commas but I'm not confident about it AT ALL.  Any help, please?  Does anyone know of a web site that explains all this terminology?  Thanks! ...

MRI Technique - 3B
Jan 23, 2013

This is new to me - "axial diffusion weighted imaging with 3B values including b50, b500 and b1000."  In Googling this, I see both lower case (b50) and upper case (B50).  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks. ...

Sl Pick-quick-eon Syndrome
Oct 15, 2009

This in a list of diagnoses.  By context, it is a respiratory condition.  Thanks.  ...

I Cherry Pick And I Don't Feel Bad!
Feb 15, 2010

Here's the deal, I'm not saying I cherry pick every minute of my shift, but if I have done one after the other report of difficult dictators, then I will go in and assign myself 2 or 3 jobs to give myself a break.  I work directly for a hospital and I know that I am absolutely not the only one who does this.  I also cherry pick if the end of my shift is coming up and I find that my lines need a little boost.  I will assign myself some easy dictators to boost up my lines ...

May I Pick Ortho Brains Please?
Aug 19, 2010

Patient fractured ankle, sound like "masonew" fracture.  Cannot find anything remotely simimlar.   Please help! Thanks! ...

Why Not Just Enter Everyone And Pick Some Names Already
Sep 14, 2010

Why on earth have a deadline but then extend it until everyone downloads?  Its already been 8 days past original deadline... how much time is needed? ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

How To Pick An Online Coding Course
May 08, 2011

After 28 years of medical billing I am ready for a change.  I've been researching online coding courses but there are so many!  I would be interested in any feedback you have on which courses you took and the pros and cons of each.  Thank you for your input. ...

Transtech Or Acusis, Who Would Be Your Pick And Why Or Why Not?
May 27, 2011

nm ...

If Applying For PT With MQ Can You Pick Your Hours? Sm
Oct 17, 2011

After you fill out the application and get through the hiring process, if you're going to be part-time does MQ tell you when they want you to work or can you pick your own hours?  ...

Which Would You Pick? Chase Or Keystrokes?
May 29, 2012

I've done lots of research on both companies, none really "WOW" me at all....but having to make a choice (and SOON), as I cannot afford to be without a job, can anyone shed some recent light on working for either? I don't need the benefits as much as the pay...Thank you kindly in advance. ...

If You Had To Pick - Nuance Or M*Modal?
Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies. ...

MTs With RHIT Please, And How To Pick A School?
Nov 15, 2012

Wow, I'm a little confused. I hope to train for coding for if/when my in-house transcription job dries up, so I asked around the hospital about whether I should get my RHIT. (Yes yes I know I can't go into full-fledged coding the day I get the RHIT. I want to be in position to help out in the transition to ICD-10.) Response was positive, and they suggested any program accredited by AHIMA. Doesn't this leave out Andrews? People on this site seem to like Andrews. My state has ...

Is There A Way To Cherry Pick In EScription?
Dec 23, 2012

Just curious about this because it seemed when I worked my last shift, I had all good doctors for a change.  Some of them I'd never typed before.  So I got to wondering if people can actually cherry pick on eScription.  I was under the impression that was one of the benefits of that software, difficult to do that.  We all work the same bad shift, let's share the junk reports, please! ...

I Don't Believe The Jobs Will Pick Up After The HOLIDAY.
Dec 29, 2012

Because my 2 accounts are dictating the same amount as they have been 2-3 months ago when overtime was required.  I can tell by going to COMP (completion) and this is not docqscribe.  In fact, the one hospital has had so many patients coming into the ER and are swamped with patients waiting in the waiting room for over 6 hours.  Doctor stated this in his report and another doctor stated in his report that patients were leaving the waiting room and going to another hospital b ...