A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Orthopedic Surgery word - Colorado MT Student

Posted: Sep 30, 2011

I am stumped on a surgical report.  It talks about an Achilles rupture, and states that it has 3-months quinicity (sp?).  Totally stumped on this word and it is driving me nuts!  Any ideas???

Thanks in advance,

Denise

word - kathy

[ In Reply To ..]
chronicity

THANK YOU!!! - Colorado MT Student

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much!

Similar Messages:

Orthopedic Knee Surgery
Feb 05, 2011

sounds like planka syndrome, or plankton? ...

Orthopedic Surgery - 2 Words
Sep 19, 2011

Report is a total knee arthroplasty.... A  (S/L "4/10 stilus" (or stylus) was used.  Next, once the cutting block was locked in position, the (S/L "Gorbitrough" ) was placed in the posterior aspect of the joint to protect the neurovascular bundle.  Thanks in Advance... ...

Orthopedic Word Help Please (sm)
Jun 23, 2011

She is nontender at the AC joint and has a negative S/L Pacino's test.   TIA ...

Orthopedic Word
Dec 02, 2010

Anybody ever heard of s/l Chantz's lines, Shantz's  lines?? For an infant with hip dysplasia and wearing a Pavlik harness ...

Orthopedic Word Help
Jun 01, 2011

sounds like he says "oscal", but I can't find it anywhere.  All I come up with is a supplement. The x-rays do not show any acute fracture.  It appears to have an old rounded (s/l oscal) in the region of the radial collateral ligament and at the fifth metatarsal phalangeal joint. Thanks ...

Need Help With Orthopedic Word...please
Sep 23, 2011

I am a newbie working on the examination portion of an ortho report on a patient with shoulder pain....sentance reads, and sounds like " Resisted pelt and dental E press also causes pain." Have been searching for over an hour as to what they could be...thinking "pelt" is actually "belt"....just not sure. This is a TERRIBLE garbled recording :( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you in advance! ...

Orthopedic Hardware Word Help...
Nov 11, 2011

Dictator talking about visualization of "Ex-Fix pin sites" being well-healed... not listed in any of my books...I have found online as Ex Fix, Ex-Fix, and written out as external fixation pin sites...any ideas on which way is correct? ...

Orthopedic Word...driving Me Crazy...help Please!
Feb 15, 2012

Orthopedic foot examination....discussing radiographic findings and he is clearly stating anciopathic/enciopathic....have searched and only gotten a result of angiopathic, which is not what he is saying. Am I having a complete mental block or are my ears decieving me??   Complete phrase states: "Radiograph shows a Haglund deformity and just the subtle start of some anciopathic changes at the insertion of the Achilles tendon." ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Orthopedic Surgery Clamp; S/l "beruse" Or "baruz
Apr 06, 2015

Doctor is doing a hip flexor lengthening procedure; the clamp sounds like "Baruz". Somethin like that.    Thanks! :D  ...

Word Help - Surgery
Mar 06, 2013

Not used to doing op notes but sometimes my cardiothoracic surgeon dictates one to me, so here it goes: "In the process of cleaning everything up afterwards, I did resect the final half inch of first rib with ***s/l ron-sures*** and put that in a cup for pathologic examination." ...

CT Surgery Word Help!
Oct 09, 2013

Copied/pasted as dictated: A 4-branched "Caselli" graft was then anastomosed to the open end of the aortic arch right at the level of the left subclavian after removing the septum from the arch and further opening up the ostium of the entire arch vessels. s/l Kuh sell ee ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help, Please
Jun 21, 2010

She is status post left lower eyelid lesion and s/l radioplaning of multiple seborrheic keratoses.  Any ideas??? TIA!!! ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help
Oct 12, 2010

facial plastic surgery, in submental crease, preserving submentalis muscle.  Subperiosteal dissection was then carried over the "pegonion" over the central symphysis.  Cannot document "pegonion."  Thanks for any help. ...

Surgery Word Help. S/l Bando Sm
Jun 06, 2012

Steri-Strips were applied.  Dry, sterile gauze dressings were applied above this.  TopiFoam was also applied to the lower pole, and all dressings were secured in place with a surgical compression garment.  A  s/l "Bando" superiorly was applied.  I have googled what I think it sounds like and checked a couple of Stedman books.  Thanks for any help, Mary      ...

Surgery Word Help - Endoscoop
Jul 06, 2013

Please, I need help.  I cannot verify this word "endoscoop" anywhere in my reference books or the internet search.  It does make sense to scoop the pieces, I just can't find this word.  Maybe I an heaing it wrong or spelling it incorrectly. This is an OB/GYN surgical op note for a ruputred ectopic pregnancy,  laparoscopic left salpingectomy with removal of ectopic mass. He is saying:   The ectopic mass was then amputated with a scissors dissection.  This ...

In Surgery End Seal Cautery, Is It 1 Word Or 2 - Nm
Oct 20, 2009

x ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Orthopedic
Jun 10, 2015

Can someone verify for me the correct way to transcribe this -first dorsal compartment or 1st dorsal compartment?   Also - please give where to verify/prove this if you can.   Thanks! ...

Orthopedic Testing
Nov 12, 2009

This surgeon dictates the same over and over in multiple reports, and I cannot understand what type of testing this is.  "s/l Manuar test reveals 5/5 strength in forward elevation, external rotation, internal rotation, and abduction." "s/l The remainder of Manuar assessment exam of left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength throughout all major muscle groups." I thought about the possibility of manual test, but that just does not sound like what he is saying.  Thanks so much! ...

Orthopedic Or Orthopaedic?
Dec 01, 2009

I see it both ways and don't use it much myself but it always makes me wonder which is "proper" and why?  Or is it just a matter of preference? thank you. ...

New Orthopedic Account
Jan 18, 2010

pain in her "disoriusembi ciftom"? on her arm? ...

Orthopedic Term Help Please
Mar 05, 2010

I know this is something small and silly but she says it twice and it sounds the same way to me.  It is an ER report on a pt with knee pain.    There is pain to palpation of the anterior portion of the patellar area radiating down into the s/l "empatellar" tendon area.  Or inpatellar, or enpatellar.  Any ideas? ...

ORTHOPEDIC REFERENCES
Mar 26, 2010

I am going to start doing orthopedics next week and I am just wondering does anyone have any reference websites they would share. Thanks in advance. ...

Orthopedic Work Help
Jun 11, 2010

Doctor said "She is status post (s/l atomization) of gamma nail".  Any clues?  TIA.     ...

Orthopedic Help Please, S/l Seduction
Aug 03, 2010

The limb was then carried through a range of motion and showed no impingement in the young patient, and s/l seduction with an acromioplasty was indicated with no evidence of a rotator cuff tear. I have listened to this about 30 times and can't figure out what he is saying. There is a slight ESL so that is making it more difficult. thanks for any help! ...

Orthopedic Transcription Ad
Aug 10, 2010

Did anyone answer this ad for Orthopedic Transcription on Job Seeker's Board? ...

Orthopedic MT Position
Sep 09, 2010

Yesterday on the job seeker's board, there was an ad looking for an orthopedic MT and it is no longer there.  Could this have been a scam?  Now I'm nervous because I sent my resume.  I believe the contact person's name was Jana Williamson and the email address was girlscoutjkw@sbcglobal .net.  Does anyone know anything about this position?  TIA ...