A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In surgery end seal cautery, is it 1 word or 2 - nm - Kim

Posted: Oct 20, 2009

x

It is EnSeal - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Spinal Surgery S/l DuraGen And Ta-seal
Jul 27, 2010

The reinforcement of the dural repair, composed of DuraGen and ______, is visible on the MRI scan. s/l Ta-seal (emphasis on 2nd syllable). ...

S/l Cautery Word Help!
Aug 05, 2011

Hemostasis was achieved with s/l [a ban at] cautery. Dr. did a tonsillectomy. He is not saying Bovie... ...

Help ... "guidus" Bipolar Cautery In LAVH Surgery
Apr 23, 2010

A bladder flap was created with ____________ bipolar cautery.   I could not free the tube and right ovary.  Therefore, I used the _______________ to separate the uterus and the right ovary and fallopian tube ...

Word Help - Surgery
Mar 06, 2013

Not used to doing op notes but sometimes my cardiothoracic surgeon dictates one to me, so here it goes: "In the process of cleaning everything up afterwards, I did resect the final half inch of first rib with ***s/l ron-sures*** and put that in a cup for pathologic examination." ...

CT Surgery Word Help!
Oct 09, 2013

Copied/pasted as dictated: A 4-branched "Caselli" graft was then anastomosed to the open end of the aortic arch right at the level of the left subclavian after removing the septum from the arch and further opening up the ostium of the entire arch vessels. s/l Kuh sell ee ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help, Please
Jun 21, 2010

She is status post left lower eyelid lesion and s/l radioplaning of multiple seborrheic keratoses.  Any ideas??? TIA!!! ...

Plastic Surgery Word Help
Oct 12, 2010

facial plastic surgery, in submental crease, preserving submentalis muscle.  Subperiosteal dissection was then carried over the "pegonion" over the central symphysis.  Cannot document "pegonion."  Thanks for any help. ...

Orthopedic Surgery Word
Sep 30, 2011

I am stumped on a surgical report.  It talks about an Achilles rupture, and states that it has 3-months quinicity (sp?).  Totally stumped on this word and it is driving me nuts!  Any ideas???   Thanks in advance,   Denise ...

Surgery Word Help. S/l Bando Sm
Jun 06, 2012

Steri-Strips were applied.  Dry, sterile gauze dressings were applied above this.  TopiFoam was also applied to the lower pole, and all dressings were secured in place with a surgical compression garment.  A  s/l "Bando" superiorly was applied.  I have googled what I think it sounds like and checked a couple of Stedman books.  Thanks for any help, Mary      ...

Surgery Word Help - Endoscoop
Jul 06, 2013

Please, I need help.  I cannot verify this word "endoscoop" anywhere in my reference books or the internet search.  It does make sense to scoop the pieces, I just can't find this word.  Maybe I an heaing it wrong or spelling it incorrectly. This is an OB/GYN surgical op note for a ruputred ectopic pregnancy,  laparoscopic left salpingectomy with removal of ectopic mass. He is saying:   The ectopic mass was then amputated with a scissors dissection.  This ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

In Seal Device?
Feb 09, 2010

A laparoscopic in seal device was used to mechanically score the medial aspect of the sigmoid mesentery immediately caudal and cephalad to the inferior mesenteric artery ...

S/l Release? S/l Mucus Seal?
Feb 19, 2010

with bifrontal pain, continuing after surgical release of a mucus seal, and multiple other operations and surgeries.   sounds like he is saying surgical release? would it be relief? and I tried finding 'mucous seal' would it be mucous cell  ...

*to-seal* To Secure AmnioGraft
Aug 27, 2013

Recurrent conjunctival epithelial cyst excision with pterygium revision, including mitomycin C and AngioGraft with *to-seal* and sutures. The *to-seal* was used to secure the AnmioGraft. ...

Pt Has History Of Scoliosis And S/l A-seal-ings
Jan 06, 2014

x ...

I Cautery Or Eye Cautery?
Apr 20, 2010

And is cautery capitalized?  Thank you! ...

A Cautery?
Feb 05, 2011

Gallbladder was removed by sharp dissection using a cautery.   ...

S/l PK Cautery?-sm
Sep 20, 2011

This is a robotic assisted hysterectomy.  The bipolar appeared to not function properly, and so they switched to "pure PK cautery."  I've been searching and am not finding anything.  Thanks in advance! ...

I Cautery Or Eye Cautery
May 21, 2015

When used in cardiovascular surgery, is it still eye cautery? ...

Flexural Cautery?
Dec 29, 2009

Is there such a thing as flexural cautery? I think it might be electrocautery because that's something this doctor says a lot, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a flexural cautery even though Google didn't pull anything for it. The patient had a tonsilectomy and UPPP. This was removed with a needle-tip <_____> cautery, settings of 20, leaving a cuff of tissue posteriorly to wrap up around for the UPPP.   ...

L-hook Cautery
May 17, 2012

Is "L-hook cautery" correct? ...

I Or I Or Eye Cautery Or ?? In CABG...
Jun 18, 2014

______ cautery was used to create 2 openings on the anterior surface of the graft. ...

S/l Cautery Control Fascia
Aug 27, 2011

The soft tissue was then sharply incised until the cautery control fascia was encountered in that s/l exide/site   does cautery control fascia make sense? ...

Type Of Cautery Device Used In Shoulder Arthroscopy
May 05, 2010

Dictated ... "I then used the S/L uni cautery device on the low setting to clean up the labrum." TIA ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Dictates Pubic Pubic "symphy Seal" Area. Not Symphysis? Spelling?
Jun 13, 2010

:) ...

Central Line Placement With Sea Of Blue, CO Blue, Seal Blue?
Aug 09, 2014

Doc is describing putting in a central line and says "Sea of blue/CO blue was used." Does anyone know what this is?? ...

Phacoemulsification - S/l "superior Cautery" Was Performed
Dec 21, 2009

A s/l "superior cautery" was performed and hemostasis was achieved with wet-field cautery. ...

Cautery With "aqua Montus"
Jan 18, 2010

thanks for any help! ...