A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

plastic surgery word help, please - STUCK

Posted: Jun 21, 2010

She is status post left lower eyelid lesion and s/l radioplaning of multiple seborrheic keratoses. 

Any ideas???

TIA!!!

are they saying "radio"ablation ? - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
i.e., radiofrequency ablation.

no, it is clearly - radioplaning

[ In Reply To ..]
...but I cannot find reference to it except on a plastic surgeon's website where it's listed as radioplanning (which I know cannot be correct)

And - according to the website

[ In Reply To ..]
It is the same thing as dermal planing (and they still have it listed as planning)

Similar Messages:

Plastic Surgery Word Help
Oct 12, 2010

facial plastic surgery, in submental crease, preserving submentalis muscle.  Subperiosteal dissection was then carried over the "pegonion" over the central symphysis.  Cannot document "pegonion."  Thanks for any help. ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

Plastic Surgery Help - S/l Sad Or SAD Pleats
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. dictates, Fat was injected into the nasolabial folds and "sad"  pleats.   Thanks for any help.    ...

I Was Doing An OR Report Plastic Surgery And The
Jul 11, 2014

surgeon dictated something like what sounded as Shoefine something 5-0 fast absorbing catgut for closing a pannus.  No clue. ...

Plastic Surgery... Please See Message
Sep 08, 2014

The patient has an intradermal nevus. Doc says: We have talked about excision, which would leave her a 2 cm scar s/l HERVERSUS of shaving. TIA. ...

Plastic Surgery...please See Message
Dec 02, 2014

Male patient. Doc is saying: I have told him that his best chance of improving the protrusion is an incision in the periareolar area and excision of the s/l gynecoid mastoid tissue. Gynecoid has to do with females, not males, so I am confused. TIA. ...

Capitalization - Would I Cap Plastic Surgery And Have A Comma? 
Mar 16, 2010

We will discuss with Dr. ___ (plastic surgery Mayo Clinic)  the doctor dictates the parenthesis.  Would I cap Plastic Surgery and have a comma?  We will discuss with Dr. ___ (Plastic Surgery, Mayo Clinic) ...

Plastic Surgery ? S/l Ray-No Incision For Facelift
Jun 16, 2011

xx ...

Plastic Surgery Of Nose..please See Message
Dec 07, 2014

Physical exam shows that she has deviation of the base to the right of the nose, clover leaf deformation, and deviation of the overall tip. She also has a large infratip area with a significant s/l JANE-U bend in the inferior portion of the crus. TIA! ...

S/l Tibio Plastic Exchange (knee Surgery)
Nov 03, 2011

..even Google didnt help. ...

Plastic Surgery: Pedicle Was Drawn With S/L --- Green.
Apr 29, 2013

Sounds like saline green, but it's not that.  Any help? Thank you. ...

Plastic Surgery: Measures Excess Abdominal Tissue, "ptongee"
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Word Help - Surgery
Mar 06, 2013

Not used to doing op notes but sometimes my cardiothoracic surgeon dictates one to me, so here it goes: "In the process of cleaning everything up afterwards, I did resect the final half inch of first rib with ***s/l ron-sures*** and put that in a cup for pathologic examination." ...

CT Surgery Word Help!
Oct 09, 2013

Copied/pasted as dictated: A 4-branched "Caselli" graft was then anastomosed to the open end of the aortic arch right at the level of the left subclavian after removing the septum from the arch and further opening up the ostium of the entire arch vessels. s/l Kuh sell ee ...

Orthopedic Surgery Word
Sep 30, 2011

I am stumped on a surgical report.  It talks about an Achilles rupture, and states that it has 3-months quinicity (sp?).  Totally stumped on this word and it is driving me nuts!  Any ideas???   Thanks in advance,   Denise ...

Surgery Word Help. S/l Bando Sm
Jun 06, 2012

Steri-Strips were applied.  Dry, sterile gauze dressings were applied above this.  TopiFoam was also applied to the lower pole, and all dressings were secured in place with a surgical compression garment.  A  s/l "Bando" superiorly was applied.  I have googled what I think it sounds like and checked a couple of Stedman books.  Thanks for any help, Mary      ...

Surgery Word Help - Endoscoop
Jul 06, 2013

Please, I need help.  I cannot verify this word "endoscoop" anywhere in my reference books or the internet search.  It does make sense to scoop the pieces, I just can't find this word.  Maybe I an heaing it wrong or spelling it incorrectly. This is an OB/GYN surgical op note for a ruputred ectopic pregnancy,  laparoscopic left salpingectomy with removal of ectopic mass. He is saying:   The ectopic mass was then amputated with a scissors dissection.  This ...

In Surgery End Seal Cautery, Is It 1 Word Or 2 - Nm
Oct 20, 2009

x ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Plastic S/l 10-10
May 05, 2011

Plastic, s/l 10-10; stinsen; tensin, drape was removed (during surgery) ...

Plastic Surg OP
May 12, 2010

anybody ever heard of what s/l "stayfa"?   a partial amputation of the superior aspect of the left ear involving the helical rim and a portion of the _____ secondary to human bite TKS! ...

Plastic Surg Help
Feb 08, 2013

ok, this s/l "purpling".  not sure if it is a dressing or if dr meaning color??  i doubt it's color, but some sort of dressing.  many tks!! Frozen section on the nasal lesion was focally positive at the deep margin. Additional segment of tissue was resected; however, this was taken down to the perichondrium and no further tissue could be removed. It was very friable. The specimen sent for permanent section with a suture at 12 o'clock and _________towards the le ...

Plastic Surgeon
Dec 12, 2014

Has anyone ever heard of a plastic surgeon being referred to as a "plastiastist".   Doctor says: "patient will consult with his (sl) plastiastist, when his patella ulcers are healed".....the dictation is short, so I can't add any further information to help with this.   ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

S/L "metafusion With Retrieval Plastic Screw Augmentation?"
Aug 18, 2011

S/L "metafusion with retrieval plastic screw augmentation?" Thanks! ...

We Then Removed The "nibbons" Off The Plastic EndoButton Sheath?
Sep 06, 2013

.. ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...