A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Piriform or pyriform sinus, or does it matter? - TIA

Posted: Apr 15, 2011

NM

piriform sinus is correct - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Website bartleby.com/107/ -- Anatomy of the Human Body -- Henry Gray - search field gives piriformis but not pyriformis. Recessus piriformis and sinus piriformis are the same thing. Those are the Latin names. The English names are piriform recess and piriform sinus.

pyriform versus piriform - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
In Stedman's Dictionary, pyriform has this entry:

pyriform: SYN piriform, pyrum (pear) plus forma (form).

This would mean pyriform means something having a pear form. And since piriform means the exact same thing, the long answer is no, it doesn't matter.

Typically, I find the "y" version to be used more often in sinus surgeries and the "i" form to be used as an orthopedic reference, but as the dictionary shows, it really does not matter.

Similar Messages:

Pyriform Or Piriform Sinus, Which Is Preferred?
Apr 03, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Is It Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus On Hopkins Rod Exam?
Jul 01, 2010

:) ...

Sic Sinus Or Sick Sinus Syndrome?
Nov 21, 2009

is it sic or sick sinus syndrome? HELP ...

Is It Gray Matter Or Grey Matter Pls
Feb 11, 2015

x ...

ENT- Sinus H&P HELP!
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone know what is being said in the bolded area below? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Paranasal sinus screen was performed and she has a right maxillary retention cyst with a left maxillary air-fluid level. There is a significant right NSD related to a left contubalosa. The remainder of the sinus are unremarkable. ...

Suprasagittal Sinus?
May 26, 2010

Doing an MRI of the brain. Doc is clearly saying supra-sagittal sinus, but I cannot confirm this in my books or online.  ...

S/l Sinus Tosi. Sm
Mar 19, 2012

There are well-healed surgical incisions about the right foot and an obvious muscular graft over the s/l âsinus tosiâ. tia! ...

Getting Out Of MT -- No Matter WHAT!
Feb 26, 2012

My 2-1/2-decade MT career is coming to an end. When I think back on how *HAPPY* I was back in the good ole days (late 80s into late 90s) as an MT and then contrast that with the picture now, it makes me want to cry.  We made GOOD money for someone without a degree, had GOOD benefits, and were at least somewhat appreciated back then.  In retrospect (hindsight is always 20/20), working conditions began going downhill when we became isolated from the physicians (as if we w ...

Neomed Sinus Rinse?
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Neomed or Neomet Sinus Rinse?  I can find NeilMed Sinus Rinse but that is not what I am hearing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

S/l Senechiae Formation In The Sinus?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
Apr 15, 2012

Hoping for a confirmation on the phrase sinus tarsi syndrome. I've used Google, searching in many different ways but still getting "sinus tarsi," but VR keeps spitting out "sinus Tarsi syndrome." I really feel that's not right, but I am always questioning it, always going back to researching it, and still getting results with the tarsi lowercased. Is it supposed to be capitalized? ...

Sinus Headache And Pressure
Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift? ...

Is This A Legal Matter?
Dec 26, 2009

I was hired full-time by a small company 3 months ago, offered 15.00 hr, just recently demoted because of a complaint of quality (which was very questionable), told they would pay me 5 cpl (woohoo) for production.  Now they are not supplying me with any work, let alone full-time work!  Dont they have an obligation to fire me, lay me off or supply me with work?  How can they do this?  I cant get unemployment if I'm employed, but my employer isnt supplying me with any work ...

Does It Matter If There Are 2 Spaces After A
Sep 08, 2010

this one of those fabulous things that is taken care of on the back-end?  That would save me a few strokes.  ...

Size DOES Matter, LOL!
Oct 03, 2010

"The patient's penis is cucumber sized," courtesy of ASR. Dictated as, "The patient's penis is circumcised."  Good one, ASR...at least I got a giggle out of THAT boo-boo! ...

Hey Vern. If What We Does Matter, Pay Us Like We
May 20, 2013

x ...

No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Cannot Keep My Lph Up.
Jan 30, 2015

I'm surprised I haven't received performance management yet. I just cannot keep my line count up high enough since going to Fluency 7.6. This is too frustrating. Maybe I should copy a job into Word and see if the line count matches. Although, it could be because the ASR output has been so horrible and I am stopping 3x more to make corrections. I don't get why ASR outputs synonyms of what was said and alternative ways to phrase what was said, not to mention the downright w ...

Does It Even Matter Anymore?
Feb 18, 2015

https://www.kalibrr.com/advice/2015/02/top-4-reasons-why-good-employees-quit/     I'm sure it falls on deaf ears... I absolutely got the message that they don't care!   ...

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, S/l Strumpelvoss
Nov 09, 2009

Here is the sentence: "Backbiters, sidebiters, ___s/l Strumpelvoss___ and Blakesley were used to fashion an antrostomy. ...

CT Sinus Word S/l Phobia Ethmoidalis
Jul 14, 2010

I have searched my book and internet and nothing on this word.  Please help!!! ...

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps
Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help!  ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...

No Matter How Many Keyboards I Try (and I Have A Stack Of 'em)
Jul 17, 2011

What's your favorite keyboard to use to transcribe?  My recent experiment, a multimedia Apevia, which by the way is a piece of junk!  But it was blue and pretty, so I bought it.  I am always trying to find a better keyboard, but none beat my Saitek!  Big letters, spacious keyboard (I have a bit of a wide hand), and lots of fun stuff like background lighting.  Oh, and my company blocks all install (.exe) so my work computer didn't even recognize it........NEXT ...

No Matter What Your Experience, Nuance Will NOT Pay More Than
Jul 24, 2012

would like to make a lateral move away from Mmodal and their Big Brother schedule and time clock, but I make 9 cpl and would at least like to keep that with 40% less for VR.  Anybody been successful in negotiating a lateral move with same pay? ...

A Matter Of National Security?
Sep 28, 2012

With the nature of world affairs and US relations such as they are, I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies in general, but specifically MTSOs, to be sending highly sensitive information overseas the way they do. It scares me to think about my social security number, date of birth, address, etc. being handled by someone who doesn't necessarily feel the sense that they must protect that information. Maybe instead of complaining about how much work is being offshored, we s ...

Why Does Upload Speed Matter?
Jan 10, 2013

I don't get it. Suddenly companies are asking about download & upload speed of my computer. My computer has worked just fine for MT work for over 9 years now. Nobody has ever asked about the speed before, and I've never had any problems. Now I'm looking for work and because my upload speed isn't 1.5 or above, places won't hire me despite my qualifications.  ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

Document All Correspondence. No Matter How
Aug 07, 2014

employer is. Documentation is the key to self-preservation. ...

What Platform Does Nuance Use, Or Does It Matter Which
Jan 06, 2015

account you get assigned? Am wondering as I just applied so just curious. ...

Laboratory Work Showed An EKG With Sinus Tachycardia
Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right?  ...