A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps - MPD

Posted: Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help! 

Karydakis flap...nm - PT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Thanks so much! - MPD

[ In Reply To ..]
Perfect! Thank you!

Similar Messages:

Sic Sinus Or Sick Sinus Syndrome?
Nov 21, 2009

is it sic or sick sinus syndrome? HELP ...

Pilonidal Cyst
Apr 09, 2010

When typing an exam of the coccyx (pilonidal cyst) what heading would you put this under?   Back, buttocks, something else?  Thanks.  ...

S/l Perineum Flaps??
Aug 05, 2011

A curvilinear inferior cervical incision was made. The platysma was incised. Two perinium inferior flaps were raised.   I cannot reference this but it is what I hear. Thanks for any help! ...

Redundant (s/l Todtotic) Mastectomy Flaps... See More.
Mar 07, 2011

Bilateral breast reconstruction revision due to redundan (s/ todd-totic) mastectomy plaps inferiorly... ...

Canthal Defect Myocutaneous Advancement Flaps
Jan 24, 2014

"*A sense of* undermining of the defect was performed and extension of the lower lid in a subciliary incision to create a myocutaneous flap was made.  *A sense of* undermining of this tissue and of the superior and medial aspect of the upper lid and nasal glabellar area was performed.  The tissues were advanced and secured to the deep tissue at the *sava* defect using 6-0 Vicryl in a simple interrupted buried fashion. " It is somewhat garbled, but "a sense of" doesn't make any sen ...

During Lipoma Excision
May 30, 2010

He ____ with 1% lidocaine.   s/l "has been infiltrated"   maybe?   TIA!! ...

Gynecomastia Excision
Jul 30, 2010

Doc is dictating an op report on exicision of male gynecomastia. A dressing of s/l "rest-on" film and an Ace-wrap was applied. TIA  ...

Pt Is S/p Excision Of Mass From The Finger
Mar 29, 2010

Pt has numbness and decreased sensation to the right 3rd digit.  "We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing"   ?  TIA ...

Excision, Lesion Right Lower Leg
Mar 31, 2012

Can anyone help with my missing word..sounds like drrav... Lesion was excised in full thickness manner taking a cuff of normal-appearing skin with it. The ___ skin under localization was done prior to full thickness excision. ...

Excision Of Earlobe Fissure And Repair Via
Jan 14, 2010

s/l "double U plasty" ...

Excision Of Right (temple Or Temporal) Lesion?? Cannot Tell Which He Is Saying.
Feb 15, 2011

x ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Surgery For Excision Of Axillary Lymph Nodes
Jun 27, 2013

s/l Lower extremity "venadines" were placed? ...

ENT- Sinus H&P HELP!
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone know what is being said in the bolded area below? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Paranasal sinus screen was performed and she has a right maxillary retention cyst with a left maxillary air-fluid level. There is a significant right NSD related to a left contubalosa. The remainder of the sinus are unremarkable. ...

Suprasagittal Sinus?
May 26, 2010

Doing an MRI of the brain. Doc is clearly saying supra-sagittal sinus, but I cannot confirm this in my books or online.  ...

S/l Sinus Tosi. Sm
Mar 19, 2012

There are well-healed surgical incisions about the right foot and an obvious muscular graft over the s/l âsinus tosiâ. tia! ...

Neomed Sinus Rinse?
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Neomed or Neomet Sinus Rinse?  I can find NeilMed Sinus Rinse but that is not what I am hearing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

S/l Senechiae Formation In The Sinus?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
Apr 15, 2012

Hoping for a confirmation on the phrase sinus tarsi syndrome. I've used Google, searching in many different ways but still getting "sinus tarsi," but VR keeps spitting out "sinus Tarsi syndrome." I really feel that's not right, but I am always questioning it, always going back to researching it, and still getting results with the tarsi lowercased. Is it supposed to be capitalized? ...

Sinus Headache And Pressure
Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift? ...

Pt W/ Suspicious Lesion On Left Upper Back. We Did An (spells Out E-y-e- Excision"...
Nov 30, 2009

Thanks so much!!!! ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, S/l Strumpelvoss
Nov 09, 2009

Here is the sentence: "Backbiters, sidebiters, ___s/l Strumpelvoss___ and Blakesley were used to fashion an antrostomy. ...

CT Sinus Word S/l Phobia Ethmoidalis
Jul 14, 2010

I have searched my book and internet and nothing on this word.  Please help!!! ...

Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus, Or Does It Matter?
Apr 15, 2011

NM ...

Pyriform Or Piriform Sinus, Which Is Preferred?
Apr 03, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Laboratory Work Showed An EKG With Sinus Tachycardia
Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right?  ...

Is It Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus On Hopkins Rod Exam?
Jul 01, 2010

:) ...

Surgical Tool For Sinus S/l Curved Giraffe
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Surgery S/l Right Angle Seeker Or Sinker?
Aug 18, 2011

whew ...