A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sinus headache and pressure - MT working sick

Posted: Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift?

Working sick - tootsie

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I work sick too. I do not want to deal with the swap board, but if you have sick days, I would take them. Hope you feel better soon.

I work when I am sick because - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If Im gonna be miserable I may as well be doubly miserable..I save my "sick days" for when it is nice out and I don't feel like working.

Similar Messages:

Sic Sinus Or Sick Sinus Syndrome?
Nov 21, 2009

is it sic or sick sinus syndrome? HELP ...

Normopressure, Normo-pressure Or Normal Pressure
Jan 29, 2010

hydrocephalus?  ...

Holocephalic Headache?
Jan 18, 2010

is that correct? or is it halocephalic?? ...

Stedmens Headache
Apr 21, 2010

I'm using Stedmans 2006 and when installing it only gives one choice of software to use with; i.e., either Microsoft Office Suite or Wordperfect and other choices.  I want to use for both applications.  Is that possible.  I can't figure out.  Thanks! ...

LNP, L&P, LP Test For Headache?
Aug 29, 2011

Pt 50-yo male here to follow up headache post ER visit. "At ER, had a CT scan and LNP(? or L&P?) done." Later dictator says "LP and CT scan were normal." Are we talking about LP = lumbar puncture? There is no other info on ER visit :( Finally determined as migraine. Seems pretty severe tests for a migraine. ...

Capitalize Headache Clinic
Feb 01, 2010

woman with a long history of chronic daily headaches, failure of multiple treatments with a visit to the headache clinic of Michigan.   I am thinking--if it were The Michigan Headache Clinic then it would be capital?     ...

Headache Descriptor: Bruise?
Sep 06, 2011

Pt has left-sided headaches with features of cluster headaches. "She describes it as a bruise." Does that sound correct? Dictator is native, but the descriptor just sounds odd to these newbie ears. ...

Bilaterally Central Headache?
Aug 23, 2012

Is there such a thing as a bilaterally central headache?  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this ESL doctor, but I can't figure out what else she might be saying that sounds like this. Thanks so much for your help! ...

Micromol/milimole Give Me A Headache
Nov 20, 2010

. ...

Patient In For Migraine Headache..Doc Say: She Is Now Off The Beta-HCG. Can This Be Correct??? Nm
Jul 26, 2011

.. ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

Neuro Eval For Headache. There Is No Pain On S/l Bal-ak-man Of The Eyes Through Closed Eyelids.
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

ENT- Sinus H&P HELP!
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone know what is being said in the bolded area below? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Paranasal sinus screen was performed and she has a right maxillary retention cyst with a left maxillary air-fluid level. There is a significant right NSD related to a left contubalosa. The remainder of the sinus are unremarkable. ...

Suprasagittal Sinus?
May 26, 2010

Doing an MRI of the brain. Doc is clearly saying supra-sagittal sinus, but I cannot confirm this in my books or online.  ...

S/l Sinus Tosi. Sm
Mar 19, 2012

There are well-healed surgical incisions about the right foot and an obvious muscular graft over the s/l âsinus tosiâ. tia! ...

Neomed Sinus Rinse?
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Neomed or Neomet Sinus Rinse?  I can find NeilMed Sinus Rinse but that is not what I am hearing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

S/l Senechiae Formation In The Sinus?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
Apr 15, 2012

Hoping for a confirmation on the phrase sinus tarsi syndrome. I've used Google, searching in many different ways but still getting "sinus tarsi," but VR keeps spitting out "sinus Tarsi syndrome." I really feel that's not right, but I am always questioning it, always going back to researching it, and still getting results with the tarsi lowercased. Is it supposed to be capitalized? ...

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, S/l Strumpelvoss
Nov 09, 2009

Here is the sentence: "Backbiters, sidebiters, ___s/l Strumpelvoss___ and Blakesley were used to fashion an antrostomy. ...

CT Sinus Word S/l Phobia Ethmoidalis
Jul 14, 2010

I have searched my book and internet and nothing on this word.  Please help!!! ...

Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus, Or Does It Matter?
Apr 15, 2011

NM ...

Pyriform Or Piriform Sinus, Which Is Preferred?
Apr 03, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps
Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help!  ...

Laboratory Work Showed An EKG With Sinus Tachycardia
Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right?  ...

Is It Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus On Hopkins Rod Exam?
Jul 01, 2010

:) ...

Surgical Tool For Sinus S/l Curved Giraffe
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Surgery S/l Right Angle Seeker Or Sinker?
Aug 18, 2011

whew ...

Sinus Cancer PE Term S/l Meadows. Or Metals?
Mar 01, 2012

Patient has cancer of several sinuses. During the PE doc says "She has s/l meadows in the lower left jaw."  Meadows?? I'm wondering if he means "metals" as he is a heavy ESL Asian doc, but that doesn't make sense either. This patient is also Asian and so I'm wondering if this is some cultural thing on the order of tattoos or lip/nose/wherever rings. Anyone have an idea? Thanks so much. ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Pressure
Jul 31, 2013

You know this is some food for thought.  You know if there are any mistakes on any of these medical records being VR edited or transcribed and it went to court and you know how they say the transcriber/editor would be liable too, well think about this -- the tremendous amount of pressure that these companies put us under including the severe lack of pay, putting us on an almost impossible production scale among pressures from QA and so forth, a transcriber's defense is so easy and is a ...