A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Orthopedic word...driving me crazy...help please! - Megs

Posted: Feb 15, 2012

Orthopedic foot examination....discussing radiographic findings and he is clearly stating anciopathic/enciopathic....have searched and only gotten a result of angiopathic, which is not what he is saying. Am I having a complete mental block or are my ears decieving me??

Complete phrase states: "Radiograph shows a Haglund deformity and just the subtle start of some anciopathic changes at the insertion of the Achilles tendon."

enthesopathic? - anonyn

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that's it!!! - Megs

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel like a moron...thank you...I know I have used it before, just could not for the life of me remember the spelling! I had better go get some more coffee :)

Similar Messages:

WORD HELP Driving Me Crazy!
Jul 13, 2012

I have a doctor who says this all the time:  Three views bilateral foot were obtained.  I always want to change it to bilateral feet.  Which is right foot or feet?   ...

Driving Me Crazy!
Dec 03, 2010

This physician, not a resident either, is SPELLING words like -- no joke -- chest, lungs, abdomen and with every date, telling me to put the slash marks in.  Whatdehay does he think I'm getting paid for?  I am supposed to know s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g !!!!  oh my goodness.  I just had to tell someone that understands. Thanks for listening. ...

Driving Me Crazy!!
Dec 30, 2010

I wish there was a program for MTs that would take "..um.." out of dictations.  ...

NJA Driving Me Crazy
Feb 28, 2011

I'll take terrible ESLs, 30-second reports - anything over NJA.  Makes me crazy.  I sit here, hands hovering above the keyboard, breath bated, just waiting for a job - any job.  The transcription schools keep churning out grads, and those grads keep posting on these forums, asking who's hiring?  where can they find work?  who hired newbies? - but even veterans don't have work.  How am I supposed to pay my mortgage?  ...

Driving Me Crazy!!!
Dec 04, 2012

I never do this.  I always figure the anonyances are part of the job, but this is making me CRAZY!!! I have a NP who dictates 15-20 min dictations and really only should be about 5 mins.  I have to speed her up like crazy.  Her favorite thing is the dictate at the busiest station around and pauses FOREVER because she's sooooo nosy and has to make sure she listens to everyone elses conversations around her. Seriously?  Are we 13 yrs old and in junior high now???  ...

My Drink Game Word Was 'driving'
Oct 15, 2012

Orthopedic Word Help Please (sm)
Jun 23, 2011

She is nontender at the AC joint and has a negative S/L Pacino's test.   TIA ...

Orthopedic Word
Dec 02, 2010

Anybody ever heard of s/l Chantz's lines, Shantz's  lines?? For an infant with hip dysplasia and wearing a Pavlik harness ...

Orthopedic Word Help
Jun 01, 2011

sounds like he says "oscal", but I can't find it anywhere.  All I come up with is a supplement. The x-rays do not show any acute fracture.  It appears to have an old rounded (s/l oscal) in the region of the radial collateral ligament and at the fifth metatarsal phalangeal joint. Thanks ...

Need Help With Orthopedic Word...please
Sep 23, 2011

I am a newbie working on the examination portion of an ortho report on a patient with shoulder pain....sentance reads, and sounds like " Resisted pelt and dental E press also causes pain." Have been searching for over an hour as to what they could be...thinking "pelt" is actually "belt"....just not sure. This is a TERRIBLE garbled recording :( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you in advance! ...

About Word Expansion - This May Seem A Little Crazy, But
Jan 20, 2010

does anyone else have favorite abbreviations they just love using?  I noticed yesterday when I typed my expansion for 4th-5th webspace (45ws), I actually got a rush- my heart sped up and I felt like "gee that was fun!"  I have a few more that just make my fingers feel good and get a kick out of using.  I'm not a newbie - I've been doing this for twenty years.  Do I just lilke my work too much?  It's these little things that make whole days of typing stuff ...

Orthopedic Surgery Word
Sep 30, 2011

I am stumped on a surgical report.  It talks about an Achilles rupture, and states that it has 3-months quinicity (sp?).  Totally stumped on this word and it is driving me nuts!  Any ideas???   Thanks in advance,   Denise ...

Orthopedic Hardware Word Help...
Nov 11, 2011

Dictator talking about visualization of "Ex-Fix pin sites" being well-healed... not listed in any of my books...I have found online as Ex Fix, Ex-Fix, and written out as external fixation pin sites...any ideas on which way is correct? ...

This Is Driving Me NUTS!!
Dec 15, 2011

When I am transcribing, I am hitting some key combination that is turning my type to all caps.  It's not the caps lock or it would show it was on.  Transcribing as fast as all of us do it is impossible to figure out what I am hitting to make this happen.  Does anyone have any ideas???  So appreciative!!! :) ...

QA Driving Me Kinda Nuts!
Jul 02, 2012

The comments seem extremely picky to me and almost harrassing.  It seems I cannot do anything right.  Really tired today and it's been a bad day overall and now this.  just needed to vent.  I have a feeling I have not heard the last from the QA lady that hovers over me all day.  Thanks for listening. ...

Grrrrrrrrr! This Doctor Is Driving Me Nuts!!
Aug 02, 2013

ESL, after saying the headings, repeats them along with adding a few more words, but it still means the same damn thing, says "umm you know" after almost every other word, keeps saying "feeded" instead of fed. VR has not learned him at all, so I'm having to delete every other word and all the "umm you knows".  13 minutes worth of this crap.  And 20 minutes later I'm not even done with it yet. This is going to be a very long day......... Can't forget about getting paid h ...

Time Scheduler Is Driving Me NUTS!
Dec 01, 2014

Where did they get her?  She has NEVER gotten an entry right on my time card!  Every time we have had technical downtime, she has screwed it up; adding the wrong times, deleting my punches, and replacing them with something she apparently made up.  I have e-mailed her specific times I worked, in a list format.  All she had to do was make sure it matched.  She can't even do that right!  We went back and forth in e-mail 4 times, before I finally gave up and made ...

We're In The Driver's Seat, So Why Aren't We Driving?
May 21, 2015

A national work stoppage of 2 days would be sufficient to arrest the downward spiral and bring MTSOs to a bargaining position.  So, why hasn't it happened? I guarantee you that none of the horrible consequences that you might believe would happen would occur.   ...

QA Driving Me Nuts. I Dont Mind Criticism But
Jul 24, 2012

Seriously how do you mark me for not putting a comma in when I have a QA marker preceeding it..Obviously I missed a word, the dictator rots, sorry..So instead of adding all that extra crap in..If you had just stuck to what I put, I may have learned something..Instead, my mind is going in 90 directions and I marked it as read and moved on..Waste of my time.  And when I put one through QA for a repeat word I feel I should know and just have never heard it or cant document it, then I NEVER see ...

How Do I Transcribe From A Flash Driving Using Existing Usb Foot Pedal
Aug 19, 2013

In Filling Out Paperwork For SoftScript, I Note I Have To Give Them Permission To Check My Driving
Sep 24, 2010

record.  That's a new one on me.  I work at home and no driving is involved, so why would they care?  It's bad enough companies routinely check credit scores, now this.  More and more it feels an invasion of privacy, and if I am using my own equipment in my own home, why would anyone care if my credit sucks or if I am a horrific drive?  Oh well ... ...

Am I Crazy???
Apr 14, 2011

My boss has offered me a 3rd shift position working 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.  I work days now 10 a.m to 6 p.m.  This 3rd position appeals to me because there would be no interruptions and hopefully my production would get even better.  I could be up in the morning around 10-11 am and have the rest of the day to run errands, grocery shop or just do some baking which sounds wonderful.  I am usually a day person, but this sounds intriguing. I realize the first couple of weeks would ...

OK This Is Crazy,
Nov 21, 2012

ASR: The patient had history of DVT and PE. Dictated: Allergies none. This is getting really bad,,,first the simple act of breathing into the phone prints out things that "could" be relevant to the current report..now something like this..Guess it is keeping us employed cause you cant send this stuff through un-edited. ...

Crazy ASR
Aug 09, 2013

Today is frequently adding an extra word of "some" to much of the editing I am doing.  Is it EVER going to learn??????????? ...

AM I CRAZY? I MUST BE.
Aug 23, 2013

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Albert Einstein Well, it suddenly hit me this morning.  With all the changes in this industry over the last 10 years (that's how long I've been in it), and no improvement in working conditions in sight, WHY AM I still doing it?  I must be insane!  I think I must have self-hypnotized myself into thinking that if I keep looking, I'll find some MT position that pays well ...

Maybe I Am Crazy
May 13, 2014

Has anyone else noticed a change in some of the CPs? I KNOW my so-called "primary" account CP  used to say "REPORT FORMATTING:  DQS Guidelines."  It now says "REPORT FORMATTING:  AAMT BOS" and I am getting dinged for things that used to be SOP. ...

Am I Going Crazy?
Jul 01, 2014

Or senile?  Yes, I am getting ready to retire but I still take pride in my work.   How can I have a report out of the blue that is so full of errors, errors I am sure I did not make and then the rest of my reports are 100%.  It is one I sent to QA.  Is it possible that it could have been changed by one QA and then passed on with mistakes?  Am I being paranoid? This makes me very anxious.   Also, has this ever happened to anyon ...

Am I Crazy?
Jan 29, 2015

......because I could not meet productivity requirements.  I swore I would never apply for another transcription job again.  Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now in dire need of a job RIGHT NOW!  I was employee status before, but I am now considering applying for an independent contractor job, thinking that might be a better fit for me, at least until I find a job outside of MT.  Thinking about giving it a try.  At least I would have some income for a little w ...

This Drives Me Crazy DQS
Dec 01, 2009

What the ASR typed: sodium was 137, potassium five.  It does this all the time.  Why would it put the numbers on the sodium and spell out the number for the potassium?  ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...