A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

They chew us up and spit us out - old and burned out

Posted: Jul 21, 2011

I posted a message like this in response to someone and was accused of attacking her.  I am not attacking anyone, merely trying to explain how this company works.  They make the maximum profit by getting as much as they can out of each employee.  If they lower your pay as they just have and you work harder trying to make up the difference you are doing exactly what they want and giving them that much more incentive to lower your pay again at a future date.  I understand needing the money but it would be to your benefit in the long run to try to find another job part-time than to work your fingers to the bone for MQ.  You will probably end up with carpal tunnel, arthritic problems, backaches, etc., not to mention mental health concerns.  Everyone who does this work needs to take breaks because sitting at a keyboard all day is very hard on the body and doing ESL dictators all day is very hard on the psyche.  If you make yourself ill, MQ will not care.  The more you do, the more they expect you to do.  Instead of rewarding good employees, they take advantage of them.  Work as hard as you can to make up for the decrease in salary and next year they will decrease it again (which they may do anyway). 

I agree - Kathleen

[ In Reply To ..]
They decreased by pay by 43%!!!! I also thought I could just type more to make up for it, but that's not the case. The last two days I have typed 44 reports because there is nothing to type. One of the big accounts I guess went to their own people so all those MTs that were typing on that account are typing on my accounts, thus I have hardly anything to type. I am furious and worried how I am going to pay my bills.

On most of the reports I type, approximately the - first 60 seconds

[ In Reply To ..]
and sometimes more is ADT info which I have to find and populate, referring physicians, dates of service, attending physicians, and then carbon copies or letter information. If I type 60 reports a day, that is a full HOUR of stuff I listen to that I DON'T GET PAID A SINGLE KEYSTROKE FOR.

paying your bills... - Minimumwageworker

[ In Reply To ..]
You've got to start looking for something els right now before it gets worse because you know it will. We will all be minimum wagers soon if we stay. The Indians can't possibly do our job as well as we do and the sooner we get out the sooner it will become more apparent. By cutting our pay 40% or more they only need 6 out of every 10 employees that they did need. Factor in the Indians and we're on our way out, so start looking and leave the Q in the dust!!! I think we should tell our physicians we don't want our medical records being shipped overseas either!!!

chew up and spit out - Penelope

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I don't know what all the talk is about losing wages. I haven't seen a difference. Of course I work from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. every night and I do get differential pay, but I have not been told of a decrease in pay. Have you all been given notice of a decrease in pay. I am curious.

thats cause your new - and hired at lower wage

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course we were given a notice of decrease in pay, it was brought up all over this board.

Similar Messages:

Oh God, I Just Spit My Martini
Apr 17, 2013

that will keep me laughing all week! ...

Hx Of S/l Peek/a ?? Where She Was Constantly Feeling The Need To Chew On Ice
Sep 26, 2012

Pt is here for a 2 month history of s/l peek/a ??  where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice as well as progressively worsening fatigue.    I so clearly hear peek/a but can't find anything on google. Thanks for your help..... ...