A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sounds like blake side or plate side drainage - Martha

Posted: Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped.

blake side drainage - Ellen

[ In Reply To ..]
Leukocyte drainage maybe? Like you can see the white blood cells in the drainage material indicating an infection?

it was probably - Blake site

[ In Reply To ..]
Blake drain is often used in the area of the LVAD placement, so Blake site drainage would make sense

Similar Messages:

MT On The Side?
May 29, 2013

I've been working as an RMT for about 6 years, but I miss working with patients, so I'm thinking about going back to medical assisting for the benefits, but doing MT on the side.  Anyone here have any experience with a similar situation?  ...

Side Affect
Dec 21, 2009

She has severe arthritis in the hips which is chronic and was attributed to previous use of steroids and due to cause (divedious). What could this word be? Does anyone know? ...

GI Side Effects, ??
Oct 15, 2010

"PMR - Methotrexate – GI side effects, s/l pratenazone.  Plaquenil 8/10-10/10 – nausea/vomiting.  Prednisone restarted 10/10." I'm not sure if she's describing the GI side effects or if she's describing another type of side effect, or maybe a different medication they tried instead.  There is nothing that sounds like that in the med list, except maybe prednisone, but that was restarted in place of the Plaquenil. ...

Q For The Spheris Side
Dec 10, 2010

I have a question, I used to work for Spheris about 5 years ago and am starting with MQ part time first of the year (on my old account even), but I higihly suspect they have switched that platform from TWS. Question is what platform do they use, is it good?  Do they supply ShortHand or do I need to furnish my own?  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  ...

S/l Side Rigger Jig
Mar 07, 2011

Please help me with the words I have in quotation marks. I spelt it how it sounds. Thanks for any help in advance :) The "side rigger jig" was used to make an impression on the skin where the lateral spiral screw guide impacted the skin. ...

Dina Still A TL? She Was On WMX Side.
Jun 30, 2012

. ...

Has Anyone On Transcend Side
Dec 11, 2012

heard from their TSM today after the conference call or heard anything regarding the changes prior to today? Thanks ...

Employee Job With IC On The Side
Sep 23, 2013

If you are an employee and you get laid off do you still get unemployment benefits if you have an IC job with another company?  thanks.  ...

Does Having An IC Job On The Side Interfere
Feb 24, 2014

I live in IL and I've looked this up, but can't really find exactly what I'm looking for.  I could possibly lose my full-time employee position soon, and work just a few hours as an IC for another company.  I was wondering if I should quit my IC job now, or if that would be a red flag when I file for unemployment.  Another thing I've read is that if you accept an IC position while on unemployment, that since it is considered "self-employed" that it could possib ...

Anyone Here From Ambulatory Side?
Jun 25, 2014

I was just wondering if anyone posts here that work for the Nuance Ambulatory Care side of things.  All I see here are what appears to be posts from the acute care side and they are not very favorable.  I will probably get hung on this board for saying this, but so far things are pretty good on this side of the fence.  Same managers, same good accounts, plenty of work.  Flexible schedule.  Not crazy about all the logging in to everything (WorldClient, WebClock, Spark), b ...

Going To The Dark Side
Jul 17, 2014

I now work full time for an MTSO that does Nuance overflow and am relatively happy there.  The problem is I need to work part time for several important reasons which I won't go into.  Well to do so, I would have to accept a lower line rate (told thems the rules) and have to work fewer hours than I really need to (again told thems the rules).  I was thinking I might just do better working directly for Nuance with probably a better line rate and ability to work the number ...

For Those On Ambulatory Side
Aug 07, 2014

Do you have a set schedule?  From what I read this is more flexible and people seem happier.  Any input would be great! ...

Tried To Get Into Dep Side Of Fluency
Sep 10, 2014

Says account inactive...Anyone else? ...

Side Effects Of MM QA
Apr 28, 2015

Because of the uncertainty about what way will QA find to fail me now (feeling niggled to death!), I find myself not wanting to upload my job, especially the bad dictators and bad audio (gee, that's a lot of time), because there _might_ be a mistake. I am now finding this is affecting other parts of my life! I am finding myself not wanting to finish and turn in my school assignments because there might be a mistake! I gotta get out of here ASAP! ...

One Side Of Headset Not Working
Aug 11, 2010

Hi, one side of my headphones quit working.  Any ideas?  - It is the same way no matter what I listen to so not the fault of transcription software.  thx for any ideas.  Sounds stupid, but I can't remember what they are now ... but I think Transcription Gear (sounds right).  They have the big ear buds that don't really go into the ear and have the volume control along the wire.  They aren't all that old either. Any ideas appreciated!  ...

Left Side Of Report
Jan 05, 2011

Does anybody know how to get rid of that column on the left side of the page that says Unused headings?? It is annoying to me and I can't remember how to get rid of it.  TIA. ...

Spheris Side Of MedQuist
Jan 28, 2011

I have been hired for Spheris accounts at MQ.  I forgot to ask which platform. Anybody know if the Spheris side uses DQS or something different? ...

Antihypertensive Side Effects
Apr 26, 2011

He admits that he has not been very compliant with anti-hypertensives in the past, primarily due to adverse side effects.  The side effects include erectile dysfunction, dry mouth, and increased (s/l) sumliness. - Cannot understand the side effect of s/l : sumliness??  Thanks for any help! ...

Sound Only Comes Out Left Side
Mar 20, 2012

My speakers have a short where the headphones plug in and cut in and out.  I emailed support and they told me they no longer send out speakers, to plug directly into the computer or buy my own speakers.  When I do that I only get sound out of the left side, I cannot do my job with sound in one ear only.  Does anybody have any solutions.  I cannot afford to buy new speakers right now. ...

S/l Side Arm Speculum For IUD Insertion?
Mar 25, 2013

Cannot verify more than 2 Google hits when put in quotes. Have never heard of this. TIA. ...

Anybody Do Radiology On The Ambulatory Side?
Aug 19, 2014

just wondering if anybody did radiology on the ambulatory side and was it basically the same flexibility as doing the clinic notes and was the was the pay the same by the line or by the report?  thanks in advance.  ...

S/l Versal Side Degenerative Fraying
Oct 13, 2009

He also had some versal side degenerative fraying. ...

S/l Single Side Bypass Graft?
Jun 20, 2011

Single [side] has been bypass graft from aorta to right posterior descending #1 coronary artery. Doctor rushes through. I am not positive of what he says and cannot reference this. ...

Accentus - Ambulatory Side Questions
Apr 27, 2012

I see on this site and another that when listing jobs for Accentus, they list benefits for full time on the acute care side but nothing on the ambulatory side. It is my understanding that on what is formerly known as Zylomed, you are IC for a couple of months. After that, are there benefits and if so, are they the same for that given to the acute care section? Thank you. ...

She Has About A 4-/5 On The Extensor, Magnus, And For The Quadriceps On Her Right Side. Does This M
Aug 26, 2013

This dictator is so bad.  Any help appreciated.  ...

Hi Coderville! I Am MT/QA Looking To Ditch The Dark Side...
Nov 20, 2013

Due to being paid less than 50% what I feel my experience and brain power are worth after 10 years, I have recently had recurring thoughts of taking a coding course, retraining in general. My employer's financial stability is questionable, and they obviously don't value me. They just gave us new job titles "senior analyst" but cut PTO by 20 hours in the same e-mail lol. I would like to hear the thoughts of others who have left MT to do coding/billing? How is the biz? Same @# differe ...

I Am Trying To Think Of The Positive Side Of Always Waiting On Work But
Jun 16, 2014

hard to do.  Maybe enjoy the Summer or something like that. ...

Side Effect To Chemo....s/l Desbusia, Grade 1
Dec 03, 2009

. ...

Endoside Or End-to-side Repair (small Bowel)
Oct 25, 2010

Someone had some small bowel removed and an ____ repair.  I can't tell whether she is saying endoside (which I can't find) or end-to-side (which I'm also not finding much pertaining to the bowels).   Tx. ...

Back Extension And Side Bending Degrees Help
Apr 05, 2012

I am pretty new and trying to figure out what this doctor might be saying.  He is doing range of motion tests on a patient.  He says "Back extension (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  Then he says "side bending (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  The patient has severe neck pain.  I am not sure which value the doctor is saying.  Any suggestions? ...