A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

flexion/extension - shana

Posted: Oct 20, 2009

the doctor is assesing a wrist injury and after addressing flexion and extension, goes into: "pulsar 1/2+, cap refil is 2 seconds"??

Any clue what he is saying? What is standard for the dr to cover on this type of injury?

Could it be - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
Pulses are 1/2+

I am assuming the pulsar is the only thing you are questioning.

See message - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yup, she's probably saying
"Pulses are 1/2+" (one over two plus),
OR
"Pulses are 1-2+" (one to two plus)

"cap refill is 2 seconds" (capillary refill is 2 seconds).

You can google those terms if you want to know exactly what she is doing.

Pulses 1-2+. Agree with capillary refill. ~ nm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

thanks to all. you are great! - Shana

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks!

Similar Messages:

Dorsi Flexion Vs Dorsal Flexion Vs Dorsiflexion
Feb 03, 2014

No other text needed.   ...

Plantar Flexion Or Plantarflexion
Nov 14, 2010

Has the spelling of this changed?  ASR keeps giving me plantarflexion all of a sudden.  TIA ...

S/l Endialance Of Plantar Flexion
Dec 14, 2010

I have recommended a Weil osteotomy to the third ray in attempts to control her forefoot pain there, and also a chevron bunionectomy and  S/L endialance of plantar flexion to get a bit more weightbearing there. TIA ...

Agno-me-ometer? Measuring Flexion?
Jan 07, 2010

Lumbar range of motion was assessed. She was able to forward flex only 30 degrees. This was a test using agno-me-ometer ...

Name Of Leg Extension
Mar 10, 2011

Dr. is describing a surgical history, states:  Left leg surgery with Harnshning extension....yeah, she spelled that word Harnshning, but I can't even come up with a google search for that one.  Any ideas??? ...

USB Extension
Feb 22, 2012

I am looking for something that will add more USB ports to my laptop.  I love my Toshiba Satellite, but it only has two USB ports.  I personally would not have bought it solely for that reason, but got it as a Christmas gift when my old one got worn out and died.  I am not having much luck finding what I am looking for.  I have been to the local Radio Shack, but the kid they hired looked at me like he was just absolutely dumbfounded when I asked.  Any suggestions to poin ...

CPC Course Through AAPC Extension
Jun 12, 2011

I'm taking the CPC coding course through AAPC.  I have four months to complete it, but haven't done so yet.  It says on their website that I can get an extension for $29.95 a month, but I can't find anywhere to send it?  Can somebody please help?  Thank's! ...

ICD10 Two Years Extension
May 18, 2012

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/ama-calls-2-year-extension-icd-10-deadline ...

Time To Regroup; UE Extension Ends 12/29
Nov 18, 2012

I am almost 50 and have been in the MT field for over 25 years.  Certified, consultant, national sales rep, own company -- did all that and sold the T-shirts too.  Finally the stress of being an MTSO adversely affected my health so I resumed just being a regular ole MT.  That's a tangent, though... In the last 3 years, two hospital employers outsourced the MT Dept. Of course, both times we were ineligible for unemployment.  I went to work for a service who lai ...

Back Extension And Side Bending Degrees Help
Apr 05, 2012

I am pretty new and trying to figure out what this doctor might be saying.  He is doing range of motion tests on a patient.  He says "Back extension (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  Then he says "side bending (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  The patient has severe neck pain.  I am not sure which value the doctor is saying.  Any suggestions? ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Shoulder Exam - S/l Forward Flexion On The "contrella" Side Nm
Jan 24, 2015

. ...

Pt Had Dupuytren's Release. "Will Place Him Into A S/l Amleg Extension Splint" Nm T
Nov 25, 2009

x ...

Format "minus Two To Three Degrees Of Extension"
Jul 22, 2010

Hi,  I just had this dictated: "...minus two to three degrees of extension..." My account is strict BOS 3.  I'm not sure how do transcribe it. -2 to 3 degrees -2 to -3 degrees Help?  Thanks! ...

Wrist Range Of Motion 60/65 Degrees, Extension 60/60 Degrees, * Longation* 60/60 Degrees -sm
Oct 14, 2011

radiation 25 or 20 degrees.  Thanks ...