A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Powerscribe - how many lines per hour do you edit on average? - ssss

Posted: Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!!

PowerScribe - FLoridaMom

[ In Reply To ..]
With good dictators I can usually get 3,000 to 3,500 lines a day. The nice thing about per line is that you don't mind getting the CTs, MRs or interventionals as much because you are getting paid for all the lines - not just a flat rate for all that work. Line rate seems to decrease the need for some to cherry pick (which drives me nuts.) I have worked on both versions 4.7 and 5.0.

powerscribe....you are so right about the - sm - ssss

[ In Reply To ..]
cherry picking when paid by report. I hope I do as well as you!! Thanks for the info.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Average Line Count That MTs Can Edit Per Hour?
Mar 26, 2014

Thinking of applying at Nuance, what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour? ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

What Is A Good Average Lines Per Hour On Meditech?
Mar 30, 2011

I have just started on Meditech.  Never used it before.  I am a long time veteran of 30 years, but this sure doesn't seem like a very productive program.  Any productivity tips??  I just wondered what a good average lph rate would be. ...

Wondering About Average Edit LPH
Mar 10, 2012

Just wondering what peoples' average edit lph is?  I realize the type of platform, account, dictators, etc. come into play, but is 500 lph a dream, particularly with escription?  TIA ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Powerscribe 40-50 Reports Edited Per Hour....
Sep 26, 2010

How many reports per hour can you edit with Powerscribe?  I was told that you could do 40-50 per hour....Is that possible?? ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

How Many Radiology Reports Can You Edit Per Hour
Oct 05, 2010

Just trying to figure a few things out before accepting a position for radiology editor.  Thanks in advance ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

How Many Lines Do You Edit Per Payperiod?
May 08, 2011

I was reading somewhere on here where FastChart said one of their VR editors edited 53,000 in a payperiod!!      ...

How Many VR/SR Lines Do You Edit/type In A Day?
Jun 02, 2012

I think the platform is great. I use most of the important hot keys to increase speed, do not use the mouse much, and rely on the keyboard. The dictators are crystal clear. The editing is minimal; it's the cleanest I have seen in my experience. My internet connection is fast. I am not having any technical problems. The account specs are simple and clear. To make the same in VR as I was with traditional transcription, I would need to do 300 VR lines per hour, and I just can& ...

Average Pay Per Hour
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know what the AVERAGE transcriptionst makes per hour?  Most are paid per line now, but I am just wondering what people are earning per hour.  I am a transcriptionst working for an orthopedist.  I have 15+ years experience and have been working with this company for a few years now.  I am currently being paid 13.90 per hour.  I am an independent contractor, so no benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.  For some reason I just feel like I am being paid very low consider ...

Amphion MTs - How Much $$ Do You Average Per Hour?
Mar 30, 2013

OK - I'm considering this company. I would love to hear from any Amphioners how much they average per hour and how long it took to get there.  I know the training pay is $10/hour, so I'm sure its more than that.  If you care to add which team you're on, that would be nice, too.  ...

How Much Do You Consistently Average Per Hour As An MT
May 17, 2015

nm ...

On Average, How May Lines Does A
Jun 11, 2010

full-time MT type in one day?  I have always had P/T MT jobs,  but I think some days I'm getting full-time workloads, 1500+ lines.  Just curious.  Thanks ...

Average Lines
Apr 29, 2014

I currently work for a clinic system who, it seems, is trying to usher us out the door so I've been looking at online companies.  It seems plenty pay by the line but I have NO clue how many lines per hour I can even do because the only number my place of employment gives us is average minutes per hour for an entire month (our bare minimum is 12 min/hr).  So I am curious to know what sort of average lines per hour you ladies can do?  We really cannot afford for me to take a hu ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

AVERAGE LINES PER MONTH
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone tell me how many lines per month should the average transcriptionist be able to do. Thanks ...

How Many Lines Do You Average A Pay-period?
Mar 10, 2012

Not talking straight typing but VR line average per week or per pay-period. I know its a personal question but we are all anonymous here. So for example do you average: 7000 a wk 9000 a wk 15,000 a pay-period. 18,000 a pay-period. Me personally, I have been only averaging 14 to 15,000 a pay-period. Trying to work on improving and I work 40hrs per week, so basically only doing anywhere from 7000 to 8000 per week. Just curious if I am average, below average...I am assuming below ave ...

What Is AVERAGE Line Count Per Hour For An MT To Type
Aug 17, 2013

Just wondering, what is an Average line count per hour for an MT?  I worked in a pathology office for almost 5 years, but we never kept count of lines per hour.  When we pulled an audit once, we were only typing about 700-800 a day between myself and the lady I worked with.  I had to pull all the slides for the doctor, help with grossing, assist in frozen sections, etc.  I was hired for a job where they want me to type 135 lines per hour, that's ...

How Many Lines Will You Type In A Week On Average?
Sep 15, 2010

How many lines will you type in a week on average?  I am typing anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 lines a week.  I spend my entire life typing, cooking and sleeping.  I very rarely have to time to go anywhere or do anything.  I was just wondering if everyone else who types at home has to type so much.  I work seven days a week and never get a day off.  I am just getting so tired and I think I need a break but if I do not do it, it just piles up and no one else helps out, so what's a girl ...

Median Versus Average Lines?
Sep 03, 2011

Can someone tell me the difference between median and average lines per hour?  My median is 283.3, but my average is 247.9 (this is just for today's date).  I have been working for 6 hours and my lines are 1320.  Does not compute... lol Thanks. ...

How Long Does It Normally Take To Transcribe 1000 Lines On Average?
Dec 29, 2011

I know this can vary of course.  I have built up my shorthand to over 12,000 entries.  I really think I have my speed up considerably but have been paid by the hour working on straigt typing with tapes for some time now.  We are going to VR and may need to pick up a second job to take up the slack in work.  Can someone give me some idea of what to expect in time to take on another PT or FT position (depending on the amount of downtime I will have soon)? ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

VR - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Do? (sm)
Jan 21, 2010

With decades of experience as an MT, I'm just now getting into VR. I'd like to know, if you would please care to share, just how many lines per hour you are able to get with VR. I know this varies from person to person and platform to platform, but please, help me out with this! I'm terrified I'm going to go broke doing this! Thanks in advance. ...