A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why would a co. require IE 7.0 instead of 8.0? - Serious

Posted: May 12, 2010

I got a call today from HR at Sten-Tel (Springfield) saying that they were getting ready to make me an offer.  (Would consider taking it on only in addition to what I'm already doing due to hearing issues about lack of work.)

I was, however, told that having Internet Explorer 8.0 was a problem and that I would need to uninstall this version and downgrade to IE 7.0.  I've never heard of this before and was wondering why the newer, more current version of IE would be a problem for the company.

Any thoughts?

Webmedx is also like this, beware to anyone applying. - websta

[ In Reply To ..]
No IE 8 allowed, not compatible with software.

Do you know how easy it is to downgrade? - Serious

[ In Reply To ..]
Any idea whether you can have 2 different versions and choose between them on your desktop, or is this just wishful thinking?

My computer came with version 8.0 installed on it. I wonder how messed up my computer would become if I downgraded to 7/0...any ideas?

May be a problem if you have Windows 7 - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

Unfortunately, Microsoft is upgrading their operating system faster than software programs are upgrading theirs (or more probably, the MTSOs do not want to pay for the upgrades as long as they can use the old ones).  Kind of like not too many MTSO programs are able to use Windows Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 yet. 

We are caught in the middle.  In order to buy a new computer, we either have to have it specially made with older versions or hope our employer has a work-around that will allow us to use their antiquated software. 

If IE8 came already installed on your computer, you may want to have a professional do it. 

Here is what the Microsoft website says:

When you remove Internet Explorer 8, your earlier version of Internet Explorer is restored with your customizations (such as add-ins, Favorites, and your home page). However, Internet Explorer 8 is a part of Windows 7. Therefore, if you remove Internet Explorer 8, you will have to install a third-party browser to be able to browse the Internet.

Downgrade - SM - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if it is possible to run 2 versions at the same time, you could try it and see. I was thinking that you wanted to remove one and install a different version.

Not everything is compatible, new programs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
have glitches that haven't been worked through yet. Where I work we still use Windows XP, cannot upgrade to Vista or Windows 7. Will cost a lot if I have to get a new computer and have XP loaded on. New ones with XP are almost impossible to find these days.

feel lucky - we have to use IE6! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is a shame that companies are expected to spend thousands to upgrade every single year.

I certainly understand why they don't, but it still can be frustrating on this end.

I agree - SM - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
The reason that companies still use IE 6 and 7 are that there are software compatibility issues with IE8. My employer still uses IE6 and I waited for a long time before I upgraded from IE7 to IE8 on the computer that I have at home for my personal use. However, as someone mentioned, it is easier to downgrade to an earlier version if you need to.

Similar Messages:

Are There ANY Companies That Don't Require You To
Nov 05, 2009

do OP notes.  I hate 'em and for 2 days that's about all I've gotten.  So, I would love to find a company that does not require OP note transcription.  TIA. ...

Will Require 'ACU' Bed Postoperatively
Aug 15, 2013

I cannot confirm this anywhere - thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If It's Legal For Them To Require
Oct 09, 2014

us to download software that allows them full-time access to our personal computers, allows them to upload our info, track our history, etc.?  If it has nothing to do with our daily MT work, then is it even legal to require us to install their spyware permanently on our own personal property??  I've never heard of a company doing this.  ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Not Require A Quota?
Jan 20, 2010

I have 9 years' experience and can do about 150-180 lines an hour, but I hate having the feeling of I need to get to the particular quota and rushing myself along.  I want to do a quality report and would rather work for a company who represents that.  Anyone know of any companies out there like this?  TIA. ...

How Many Lines Per Day Does Your Company Require?
Jun 08, 2011

I'm curious, as this year my line requirement went way up and I was told what is required is "competitive" with what other companies require. I don't believe it is, and I work constantly to meet it. I wonder if this forum will let this message stay up--seems like anything that smacks of transcriptionists working together for anything like rights gets taken down, but... ...

If You Do VR All Day, What Line Count Does Your Co Require?
May 03, 2012

x ...

Companies Who Do Not Require A Schedule.
Sep 14, 2012

Big company or small, full or part-time, good or mediocre pay, are there ANY companies who do not require a schedule for an IC? I have searched and searched...to no avail. Thanks for any tips if you know of a company who fits this description! ...

Forbes: The Best Jobs That Don't Require
Oct 29, 2012

"A recent report by the McKinsey Global Institute found that while low-skill jobs are on the decline, by 2020 employers around the globe will need an estimated 45 million more mid-level workers who have a high school education and vocational training. Meanwhile, a highly citedstudy by the Harvard Graduate School of Education last year concluded that in the U.S. “we place far too much emphasis on a single pathway to success: attending and graduating from a four-year college ...

What Do Most MTSOs Require For FT SR Lines? Nm
Aug 23, 2013

nm ...

Coding Students, Does Your Course Require You...
Jan 27, 2014

to buy books with or without answers? Mine requires books w/o answers, which I find odd since there isn't an answer key posted or anything to find out if you've got the right answer. Pretty weird in my opinion.  ...

Does Nuance Require MTs To Purchase Their
Oct 31, 2014

If so, is it easy to get it onto MS Word?  Could anyone share which one use?     Thanks! ...

Alpha Transcription - Do They Require Set Hours?
Jan 06, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could tell me about Alpha Transcription.  Do they require set hours?  Do they pay decent?  How is their communication?  Do they have PTO?   Thanks! ...

Anyone Know Of A Company That Doesn't Require Testing?
Jul 09, 2013

Anyone know of a company that doesn't require testing? ...

Does Command Health Require A Set Schedule?
Jan 19, 2014

I have a friend that worked at MD-IT prior to the Command Health buyout. She is still with the MD-IT division (or whatever they call it now), is employee status but is able to work whenever she wants as long as she meets line requirement and doesn't go over 40 hours a week. Is this the way it is across the board for Command Health? I thought I needed an IC job for flexibility, but if I could have that flexibility as an employee that would be great. Thanks for the info. ...

Time Outside Production - Isn't It Illegal To Require This?
Feb 13, 2014

New to Nuance, swallowed up when they acquired my employer at the end of 2013.  I see they really expect you to spend a lot of time doing things outside your schedule, training, reading manuals, etc.  Other than a flat rate for installing and learning software (20 minutes, actually took twice that), they don't offer to pay for all this extra time.  Seems excessive.  Has anyone tracked this extra time and filed a complaint with DOL about it?  Or tried to clock into W ...

Patient Anemic....did Not Require S/l Oral Transfusion?
Apr 09, 2010

I know I learn something every day in this business, but I've never heard of this.  She's very, very clear, but I'd like to know for sure before I QA.  Thanks!  For context, this is the complete statement: She was found to have a hemoglobin as low as 7.8 and was sent to the emergency room.  This did not require an s/l oral transfusion.   ...

Doesn't Diskriter Require Background Checks?
Jul 10, 2010

NM ...

Plan B: Job Ideas That Don't Require Lengthy Training
Jan 27, 2012

Before all the Debbie Downers and Eeyores come out of the woodwork, let me preface these 2 ideas with:  These will not appeal -- or even be possible due to family commitments -- to all.  BUT they will be viable solutions for some.  Both are in the medical field and do not require extensive training.  1.  EKG monitor tech.  Requires just 8-10 weeks of training.  A quick check of pay for my region shows $17.65-$25.53 per hour, which is in keeping with what my em ...

Any Companies Out There Who Leave You Alone And Do Not Require Specific Hours
Feb 19, 2013

Are there any companies out there who let you just do your work and do not require you to give them a time or if you leave your computer that they constantly harrass you? ...

I'd Like To Find A Company That Doesn't Require Me To Load Their Software.
Mar 18, 2010

I basically would like to grab my work from an FTP site, transcribe it in word, and upload it back.  Are there any companies that still do that? ...

Account Specifics Require SOAP Format For All Dictators
Aug 18, 2010

Okay, i have a doc that is dicating pretty much an H&P but account specifics require SOAP format for all dicators. Would most everything go under subjective heading such as social history, family history, no known allergies, etc.? I know PE will go under objective, but would the ROS go under objective as well or subjective? Thanks! ...

The Patient Does Require Repeated "cues" To Perform Exercises In P.T. Tia Nm
Oct 28, 2009

x ...

If I'm An IC, Can A Company "require" Me To Work On The Weekends?
Jan 04, 2011

I don't think that is IC status is it? ...

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...