A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Coding students, does your course require you... - just curious

Posted: Jan 27, 2014

to buy books with or without answers? Mine requires books w/o answers, which I find odd since there isn't an answer key posted or anything to find out if you've got the right answer. Pretty weird in my opinion. 

doesn't your instructor - have the

[ In Reply To ..]
answers? If not and you are on your own, I would make sure to buy ones with answers if you have to buy anymore. How can you know if you are right or wrong? When I was taking my course we had without, but that is because the instructor graded them and let you know where you went wrong.

Very limited interaction with instructors... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
so I would like to know if I'm getting the answers right or not in the book. Thank you for your reply.

Welcome - You could try

[ In Reply To ..]
to find one with answers on ebay or amazon that is cheap so you could check your answers.

In my opinion, it is just carelessness. - What book is this?

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes you find that teachers are clueless about the books. Other times, it is the fault
of someone in the office who doesn't know any better.

What book is this? I can probably help you find the key.

You should be aware that answer keys are loaded wit errors, except for Faye Brown. So, even with them, there is still major uncertainty.

In the future, unless you have to show up with the book, just get the one with answers. Otherwise, get the answers in addition.

Textbook... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook 2014 by Nelly Leon, Chisen.

My thought is that I would like to know right away after doing the exercises if I'm getting the correct answer rather than waiting to submit them online only to find out that I've been doing everything wrong.

That is Faye Brown ... just buy a with-answers copy - on Amazon

[ In Reply To ..]
For that one, it us very easy. Just buy a copy of the with-answers on Amazon. You'll have it is a couple of days.

Similar Messages:

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Coding Students
May 19, 2013

I am just wondering if any other coding students sometimes feel so overwhelmed, especially trying to work full time and study. I knew going into this that it wasn't going to be easy. One thing I have learned through all of this is that, yes there is a code for that, but you need to learn how to find it (even if it doesn't make one bit of sense)! :) ...

Question For Coding Students
Jul 17, 2013

I'm looking into different coding programs. A local community college is teaching ICD-10, while Career Step, for example, is teaching ICD-9, but offering a "free ICD-10 FastTrack course to prepare you for the transition to ICD-10." Is it odd that Career Step is still teaching primarily ICD-9? What about Andrews? How are they handling this transition? ...

Andrews Coding Students
Dec 15, 2013

How long did it take you to finish the coding course? Thanks. ...

My Dream Job And A Question For Coding Students
Jun 08, 2010

I just found this listing for a coder in my area. I think this is the kind of coder position I want when I: A) enroll in a coding program, B) graduate, C) get certified and D) get enough experience. Here is my question: Are you learning software like what is mentioned below: Vision, Logician and Coding? Or would one probably learn those on the job at entry level? Advertised Position: This position will specialize in Primary Care. Consults with physicians and their practices on Coding protocol ...

Advising The New Coding Students Or Those Searching For Their First Job
Nov 07, 2012

Coders who post on this board need to remind themselves that it is basically for MTs who are networking.    A medical transcriptionist who is a coding student or has become a newly certified coder has now learned in the last couple of days that: 1.      MT experience, other than medical knowledge, means nothing in the coding world.  There IS a big difference between school coding and actual work. 2.      The ...

Any Students In Coding Courses Found Mistakes?
May 21, 2012

I am almost done with a course that was put together by the credentialing organization.  Now that I am almost done, I have gathered my notes on the course inconsistencies and incorrect answers to submit my comments to them so this doesn't happen to the next student.  I would like to hear the coders' and students' thoughts on this. Doesn't someone take the entire course and fix/correct BEFORE it is offered as a course?  ...

Andrews Coding Grads/students: Questions
Feb 03, 2015

Okay, I wrote the previous post, but I have a few more questions. Any help is appreciated. How much does the coding program cost? How long did it take you to complete, full-time or part-time? Did you feel job-ready when you finished the course? Are there any hidden fees for exams, etc.? If you went the Andrews for MT as well, how would you compare the intensity of the two courses?   I did attend Andrews for medical transcription 8 years ago, and I loved the program then. That is why ...

Any VLC Students Out There?
Dec 22, 2009

Are any other VLC students out there hearing anything from VLC?  (See my earlier post...)  My emails don't seem to be getting through, I can't get hold of them on the phone - just voicemail - and they've not returned the message I left.  Two assignments I sent 9 days ago have not been reviewed.  $1500 for this course was way too much to be left in the air like this, never mind the 18 months of work for nothing!  Their forums are down so I� ...

How Many MT Students Do You Think There Are?
Mar 27, 2011

I know that there are a lot of programs, but does anyone know how many actual students there are or new graduates each year?  Will there be enough jobs to support that many students/new grads or will there not be enough new MTs to fill positions? I am very curious about this as I am considering medical transcription and the information out there is confusing. ...

Question For New Students
Jun 06, 2010

There was a rash of new coders signing up for coding courses down below.  How is it going?  We would love to hear from you about what you are experiencing so far.   ...

Andrews Students...
Feb 06, 2012

For those of you who are past or present Andrews students... how did you/are you paying for your course? I know you can either put a down payment or pay in full.  Just curious, thanks. ...

Why Would A Co. Require IE 7.0 Instead Of 8.0?
May 12, 2010

I got a call today from HR at Sten-Tel (Springfield) saying that they were getting ready to make me an offer.  (Would consider taking it on only in addition to what I'm already doing due to hearing issues about lack of work.) I was, however, told that having Internet Explorer 8.0 was a problem and that I would need to uninstall this version and downgrade to IE 7.0.  I've never heard of this before and was wondering why the newer, more current version of IE would be a problem ...

Any Andrews Students Or Grads?
May 08, 2010

I wondered if there are any current coding students or graduates from Andrews around?  I'm close to enrolling in their coding program, and I would really love to hear from others who have taken the course.  ...

For Other Andrews Students In Module III
May 18, 2012

Hi you all, I hope there are some students in module III who are in the case studies or have graduated that can answer my question.  I have just gotten into the intermediate case studies and am feeling totally LOST! I don't know if I am being intimidated or what.  The multiple choice ones I don't have any problem with, but when I have to code the cases without the choices i'm floundering!  It's funny how I thought I would remember a lot, but when it comes ...

Are There ANY Companies That Don't Require You To
Nov 05, 2009

do OP notes.  I hate 'em and for 2 days that's about all I've gotten.  So, I would love to find a company that does not require OP note transcription.  TIA. ...

Will Require 'ACU' Bed Postoperatively
Aug 15, 2013

I cannot confirm this anywhere - thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If It's Legal For Them To Require
Oct 09, 2014

us to download software that allows them full-time access to our personal computers, allows them to upload our info, track our history, etc.?  If it has nothing to do with our daily MT work, then is it even legal to require us to install their spyware permanently on our own personal property??  I've never heard of a company doing this.  ...

Newbies And Students - About AHDI Credentials ...
Jan 06, 2010

A certificate of completion (of your course or education program) does not make you a CMT. The AHDI (Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity) offers 2 different credentials:  RMT (for those with less experience) and CMT.   Both credentials require passing a challenge exam and continuing education credits to maintain (every 3 years).  If you think that it doesn't matter whether you obtain an RMT or CMT credential through the AHDI, just think of it this way:&n ...

$11/hour For HS Students In Summer Jobs
Oct 14, 2011

Are we worth more than a high school student in a temporary summer job because $11/hour is what they get paid in at least one of the cities here.  Pretty sad, isn't it? ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Not Require A Quota?
Jan 20, 2010

I have 9 years' experience and can do about 150-180 lines an hour, but I hate having the feeling of I need to get to the particular quota and rushing myself along.  I want to do a quality report and would rather work for a company who represents that.  Anyone know of any companies out there like this?  TIA. ...

How Many Lines Per Day Does Your Company Require?
Jun 08, 2011

I'm curious, as this year my line requirement went way up and I was told what is required is "competitive" with what other companies require. I don't believe it is, and I work constantly to meet it. I wonder if this forum will let this message stay up--seems like anything that smacks of transcriptionists working together for anything like rights gets taken down, but... ...

If You Do VR All Day, What Line Count Does Your Co Require?
May 03, 2012

x ...

Companies Who Do Not Require A Schedule.
Sep 14, 2012

Big company or small, full or part-time, good or mediocre pay, are there ANY companies who do not require a schedule for an IC? I have searched and searched...to no avail. Thanks for any tips if you know of a company who fits this description! ...

Forbes: The Best Jobs That Don't Require
Oct 29, 2012

"A recent report by the McKinsey Global Institute found that while low-skill jobs are on the decline, by 2020 employers around the globe will need an estimated 45 million more mid-level workers who have a high school education and vocational training. Meanwhile, a highly citedstudy by the Harvard Graduate School of Education last year concluded that in the U.S. “we place far too much emphasis on a single pathway to success: attending and graduating from a four-year college ...

What Do Most MTSOs Require For FT SR Lines? Nm
Aug 23, 2013

nm ...

Does Nuance Require MTs To Purchase Their
Oct 31, 2014

If so, is it easy to get it onto MS Word?  Could anyone share which one use?     Thanks! ...

Any Other VLC Students Having Problems With Accessing Grades,forums Etc.
Dec 23, 2009

Haven't got any feedback from instructors in weeks and any emails to them are returned with "permanent fatal errors". Found 2 other students with the same problem as of today. Would like to know if there are any others. If anyone is affiliated with the VLC school on here I would greatly appreciate some answers. I'm getting really frustrated because I'm nearing the end of the course and have invested $1500.oo and almost 2 years of my time. To wind up with nothing to show for it at ...

WebmedX Buys School - Lets All MTs Go - STUDENTS Doing Work/no Pay?
Oct 10, 2010

I am guessing with the low quality I see that 10:1 they let a plethora of MTs go right AFTER acquiring an MT SCHOOL so that they could have the students do the work as required work for th program and not pay them.  Some of the reports I see look like they were done by a 7-year-old or someone for whom English is a second language. ...

Andrew Students. Just Wondering If You Would Like To Share What Grades You Are Getting On The Codin
Dec 04, 2011