A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

account specifics require SOAP format for all dictators - gagirl

Posted: Aug 18, 2010

Okay, i have a doc that is dicating pretty much an H&P but account specifics require SOAP format for all dicators. Would most everything go under subjective heading such as social history, family history, no known allergies, etc.? I know PE will go under objective, but would the ROS go under objective as well or subjective? Thanks!

Company should provide you with sample documents - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My account is the same, SOAP format. However, the hospital wants certain headings bolded, some headings not bolded, and everything in a certain order. I think the hospital preference trumps the SOAP format. You ought to have a reference sample somewhere in your account information. Otherwise, you are correct, all the headings that you mention are under the SUBJECTIVE section (including ROS because it's the patient's subjective report).

Similar Messages:

No Account Specifics Concerning This.....help!
Jan 28, 2011

When do you captilize these terms?  We had to transfer patient for a "pulmonary" consult.  There is no  "pulmonologist" due to the "pulmonologist" being out of town. Always confuses me!!!   ...

Account Specifics
Oct 07, 2011

Any know of any companies that have a short list of account specifics?  I am spending all my time looking at account specifics (over 20 pages).  I would rather work as an employee, but IC will do.  Thanks to all! ...

Why So Many Account Specifics??
Nov 21, 2011

I really wonder why some of these places have so many account specs...really.  What does it matter if they dictate a consultation and the headings are in all caps or have just the first letters capped, or are bolded or not, or have a colon or a dash.  Or if the doctor says "past history" but the specs say you must type "past medical history".  If all the accurate medical information is transcribed as the doctor dictates, what does it matter?  The information is still there fo ...

Verbatim And Account Specifics
Oct 27, 2009

Is it me or what - I was always told to follow account spec and make sure I didn't use the forbidden JCAHO abbreviations. Lately if I look at an old report to get a slurred/muffled word that I can't make heads or tails out of, I've noticed that others on my same account don't follow the specs at all! They do everything verbatim. It totally upsets me.  I noticed it a while back and put it down to a new employee not yet knowing all the specs, but it wasn't as ba ...

How Many Pages Are You Account Specifics? Sm
Mar 17, 2011

Just curious how many pages the typical or average account specifics are if there is an average.  Mine is 54 pages for 1 facility, IC position, scheduled shifts.  I don't think that meets the definition of an IC per the IRS.  Do you have an IC position or employee? Per IRS website........You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of ...

Questions Regarding Account Specifics (sm)
May 19, 2011

What percentage of hospitals would you guess are really, really picky about account specifics; by that I mean, this doctor wants one thing, this doctor wants another, and there are like 200-300 doctors on staff, with pages and pages of instructions (maybe 20).  You can read it 10 times and will still have to refer back to it for every report because of the different little quirks of each doctor.  On average, what percentage of hospitals that you transcribe are like this?  Thanks ...

Novels For Account Specifics
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone other than myself think that this business of medical transcription, which I have been involved in for over 30 years, has just become so complicated?  There is one particular account my company has and the account specs for this account is 101 pages long.  101 PAGES LONG PEOPLE!!!  Why on earth is medical transcription not regulated by Joint Commission as everything else is?  I mean they require certain things to be included on reports and they require the reports ...

Question About Softscript About Account Specifics
Jan 29, 2013

After reading all the posts below, I wish I would have asked more questions before I accepted a job at SS. I made the mistake of accepting a position because I had been unemployed for several months and was desperate. Now, after a few months of the constant harrassing emails, threats to be removed from an account if another acct spec error is committed, and also the threat of going back to 100% QA, I've just about had it. No amount of money is worth the costant barrage aimed at demeaning ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

New Account And A Lot Of Dictators Don't Have Samples Yet...
Jan 14, 2012

Oh I will be so glad when they get all the hard dictator's samples up.  Some of those ESL ones you can't make out a lot and when you don't have a sample to go by it is very difficult.  They are working steadily on getting more and more up though so I can't complain, but I would have to get the ones who don't have samples up yet tonight.  Nothing to do but leave blanks and send it to QA.  ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Client Specifics Should Be Less Specific!!
Jan 13, 2010

Why, oh why can't all the dictators on one account use the same format????!!!!! Dozens of doctors on the same account and they all want different styles.  Some want headings capped, some do not.   Some want bold, some do not.  Some want them underlined and some do not.  Some want PHYSICAL EXAM, some PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, and then some EXAM.  Followinig on down in a note, you can just imagine how many differences there are with each dictator.  These guys ...

Why Don't MTSOs And Hospitals Get Together And Have BOS Specifics For All Accounts?
Nov 07, 2009

Have been pondering this a lot lately.  Why would the hospitals and MTSOs not want to all have the same specifics so MTs could concentrate on providing an accurate report based on BOS that would then allow all healthcare providers to recognize a standard for their records?  I am so tired of switching to a new account or my backup account and having to change gears to comply with different specifics.  I have one account now that we are told to literally "might as well thr ...

Why Would A Co. Require IE 7.0 Instead Of 8.0?
May 12, 2010

I got a call today from HR at Sten-Tel (Springfield) saying that they were getting ready to make me an offer.  (Would consider taking it on only in addition to what I'm already doing due to hearing issues about lack of work.) I was, however, told that having Internet Explorer 8.0 was a problem and that I would need to uninstall this version and downgrade to IE 7.0.  I've never heard of this before and was wondering why the newer, more current version of IE would be a problem ...

Format
Jul 28, 2010

He says "was made n.p.o. and put on D5 half normal saline plus 20 of KCl at 78." Is this typed correctly? ...

Rad Format
Aug 10, 2010

Does anyone know where I could look at a rad report format online? I have AAMT Book of Style, but it does not show a format for radiology.  All of the books online you have to buy.  All I need is to know a format for a radiology report. ...

Soap Box
Jan 27, 2012

Started in 1973 and my passion has remained steady over the years, a few years not so much. Seeing the change and didn't like it but it was something I couldn't walk away from. Set out to become as proficient as possible; do every worktype, every specialty.  I wanted to be good at all of it..to be wanted, needed, and sought after. Also offered the security I needed when I was younger, single mom;l life not so secure.  Being an MT was my haven, my source of being grounded.&nbs ...

Mg And Mcg Format
Jul 28, 2014

When typing combination medications should you put the dosage abbreviation after each medicaotin..... Example:  hydrocodone 5 mg/325 mg   or    hydrocodone 5/325 mg???? Also, what if it is a medication combination that uses both mg and mcg?   Example:  75 mg/200 mcg.   I received a correction back from my boss and she had it 75/200 mg and, considering that part of the medication is mcg, i think that her correction is actually incorrect.   ...

Are There ANY Companies That Don't Require You To
Nov 05, 2009

do OP notes.  I hate 'em and for 2 days that's about all I've gotten.  So, I would love to find a company that does not require OP note transcription.  TIA. ...

Will Require 'ACU' Bed Postoperatively
Aug 15, 2013

I cannot confirm this anywhere - thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If It's Legal For Them To Require
Oct 09, 2014

us to download software that allows them full-time access to our personal computers, allows them to upload our info, track our history, etc.?  If it has nothing to do with our daily MT work, then is it even legal to require us to install their spyware permanently on our own personal property??  I've never heard of a company doing this.  ...

I Don't Like The New Format Of MTStars
Oct 12, 2009

I posted about an hour ago under Gab Board.  It is not there, and it was.  Strange!!!! ...

Question Regarding Format
Sep 30, 2010

A history and physical examination report. Doctor has already dictated information for EXTREMITIES subheading, but later dictates more info for same subheading. Should I combine second set of extremity info with first set of info? Thanks! ...

Soap Transcription - MI
Nov 08, 2010

Need info please.  Not finding much in archives.  First impression from interview is good, but....that has happened before and got burned. ...

Medication Format
Nov 24, 2010

I am not sure how to format this medication and I think there might be a stumble also.  Doctor says  "... 2 tabs 125 mg 2 times p.o. t.i.d."   Wonder whether I should edit out the either "2 tabs" or "2 times" as she does seem to correct herself.   Any thoughts on this would be appreciated? Thanks ...

Not Work Help, Format Help
Feb 11, 2011

In a verbatim account: "patient is into" (doc lists medications)...  Patient is into??  Very clearly said.  "there are no labs available on the chart."   (doc goes onto lists extensive lab results) Says also very clearly "this consultation was not necessary", however I am not sure if he is speaking to someone else, or if it is part of the dictation!  I hear it clear as a bell, it just seems a snippy ending comment.  I am going to type it out as I hear it, b ...

SOAP Chart
Aug 15, 2011

When you are using a SOAP Chart style, do you every use PHSYICAL EXAMINATION in the headings? I have a doctor that added it in today with his dictations. I have never used it before in a SOAP. Thanks ...

SOAP Note Help
Aug 22, 2011

On SOAP note: S:  History of Present Illness:  Bob is a pleasant.....  or S:  History of present illness:  Bob is a pleasant.... or S:  HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:  Bob is  a pleasant....   Thanks in advance! ...

Anything About SOAP Transcription, Or QED?
Aug 31, 2011

Does anyone know anything about SOAP transcription, or QED?  Thinking about applying.   Thanks ...

Help With Dosage Format
Oct 14, 2011

Doctor dictates: Ambien 10 mg q 9 p.m. Just making sure how the 'q 9 pm' is transcribed. Is it like this: q.9 p.m. or q.9. p.m.?? Not sure....any help would be appreciated. I am new to the job and want to make sure i do this correctly.Thanks ...