A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does Nuance require MTs to purchase their - own medical speller/dictionary?

Posted: Oct 31, 2014

If so, is it easy to get it onto MS Word? 

Could anyone share which one use?    

Thanks!

Company provides the dictationary for my platform. - Enterprise. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Spellchecker. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you follow installation instructions, it should integrate into Word just fine.

Similar Messages:

Possible Purchase Of Spheris By Nuance
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone heard anything on if MedQuist has won the bid for Spheris?   I have been reading the news on the internet and it looks like there are two other bidders, but I have been praying for the past few weeks that MedQuist will win so we keep our jobs here in the U.S. ...

S/l Purchase?
Nov 12, 2009

Unfortunately, her screws would not s/l purchase due to bone quality and so no real stabilization could be accomplished.   ???? ...

So Now We Have To Purchase Software If We Don't
Oct 29, 2012

already have it on our computer.  thanks Transcend! ...

What Is The Best Word Expander To Purchase?
Mar 31, 2010

And how do you come up with everything you will need to add to it?  Thx. ...

Foot Pedals Where To Purchase?
Jun 19, 2010

Relocating to Houston. Does anyone know of places where I can purchase foot pedals? Thank you. Wil ...

Looking To Purchase New Head Phones
Jun 24, 2010

I am looking to purchase new head phones. The cheap ones I note break so easily and I cannot hear very well. I like the head phones that go over the whole ear. Can someone tell me what they find is the best head set to use? If you could give me the name of them and even where you got them and some information about them, I would appreciate it!! Thanks for your time. Liz ...

Should I Purchase A Foot Pedal?
Jul 26, 2010

I am about half way through my transcription training, I've just begun the actual transcription portion of my schooling.  My school did not provide a foot pedal nor did they say that I needed to purchase a foot pedal but trying to do a transcription with a mouse is a pain in the you know what!  Is this something that I will get used to or should I purchase a foot pedal? Any suggestions on what I should purchase? ...

Latest Report On CBay Purchase
Feb 07, 2010

Not quite a done deal, but CBay thinks it is.   Wonder where Kumar got $75 million!!!!  We earned it for him. http://www.bloombergutv.com/industry-news/pharma-biotech-industry-news/44368/consolidation-on-cards--cbay.html ...

Trying My Darndest To Purchase MS Word 2007
Jul 13, 2011

Ok.. I have a job offer but have to purchase MS Word 2007.  Do I need the home/student version or the office version?    What does everyone else use?  And yes, I'm a dummy. ...

Which Foot Pedal To Purchase For Transcription
Oct 02, 2012

Can someone please advise me as to which foot pedal to purchase for transcription -  one that is most universal with transcription/dictation programs? thx ...

MS Office 2007 Or 2010. Anyone Have To Purchase This Lately?
Apr 08, 2014

Hi! I need to purchase this software to start a new MT job immediately. It cannot be the trial or the student version.  I am wondering if anyone else has had to purchase this recently?  I am hoping to find a discounted one somewhere, and I'm hoping someone might have a ligit link??  Thanks!! ...

Is It Even Possible To Purchase Word On A Disk Anymore?
Aug 23, 2014

I just need MS Word 2013....but everywhere I look all I see available are "download only" or "no media" or key card only, no disk. I'm worried about getting a copy with no disk. Has anyone ever found a place to purchase Word with a disk for a reasonable price? Or have you had luck with just the downloaded version? Downloaded versions are usually in the $60 to $80 range. Thanks for any advice! ...

Is The Only Way To Purchase MS Word 2010 Or 2013
Oct 30, 2014

Need to buy MS Word for my new job.  However, when I purchased the 2007 version online it was an "academic version" only.  Can't use that.  I guess I have to buy a newer version, like 2010 or 2013, but it seems like the only way to do that is via download and then you pay a subscription of ??? per month or year?  This is fine by me IF the company will allow that.  I just want it to be legal and a licensed full version...obviously the one I purchased online was NOT.& ...

Why Would A Co. Require IE 7.0 Instead Of 8.0?
May 12, 2010

I got a call today from HR at Sten-Tel (Springfield) saying that they were getting ready to make me an offer.  (Would consider taking it on only in addition to what I'm already doing due to hearing issues about lack of work.) I was, however, told that having Internet Explorer 8.0 was a problem and that I would need to uninstall this version and downgrade to IE 7.0.  I've never heard of this before and was wondering why the newer, more current version of IE would be a problem ...

Are There ANY Companies That Don't Require You To
Nov 05, 2009

do OP notes.  I hate 'em and for 2 days that's about all I've gotten.  So, I would love to find a company that does not require OP note transcription.  TIA. ...

Will Require 'ACU' Bed Postoperatively
Aug 15, 2013

I cannot confirm this anywhere - thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If It's Legal For Them To Require
Oct 09, 2014

us to download software that allows them full-time access to our personal computers, allows them to upload our info, track our history, etc.?  If it has nothing to do with our daily MT work, then is it even legal to require us to install their spyware permanently on our own personal property??  I've never heard of a company doing this.  ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Not Require A Quota?
Jan 20, 2010

I have 9 years' experience and can do about 150-180 lines an hour, but I hate having the feeling of I need to get to the particular quota and rushing myself along.  I want to do a quality report and would rather work for a company who represents that.  Anyone know of any companies out there like this?  TIA. ...

How Many Lines Per Day Does Your Company Require?
Jun 08, 2011

I'm curious, as this year my line requirement went way up and I was told what is required is "competitive" with what other companies require. I don't believe it is, and I work constantly to meet it. I wonder if this forum will let this message stay up--seems like anything that smacks of transcriptionists working together for anything like rights gets taken down, but... ...

If You Do VR All Day, What Line Count Does Your Co Require?
May 03, 2012

x ...

Companies Who Do Not Require A Schedule.
Sep 14, 2012

Big company or small, full or part-time, good or mediocre pay, are there ANY companies who do not require a schedule for an IC? I have searched and searched...to no avail. Thanks for any tips if you know of a company who fits this description! ...

Forbes: The Best Jobs That Don't Require
Oct 29, 2012

"A recent report by the McKinsey Global Institute found that while low-skill jobs are on the decline, by 2020 employers around the globe will need an estimated 45 million more mid-level workers who have a high school education and vocational training. Meanwhile, a highly citedstudy by the Harvard Graduate School of Education last year concluded that in the U.S. “we place far too much emphasis on a single pathway to success: attending and graduating from a four-year college ...

What Do Most MTSOs Require For FT SR Lines? Nm
Aug 23, 2013

nm ...

Coding Students, Does Your Course Require You...
Jan 27, 2014

to buy books with or without answers? Mine requires books w/o answers, which I find odd since there isn't an answer key posted or anything to find out if you've got the right answer. Pretty weird in my opinion.  ...

Alpha Transcription - Do They Require Set Hours?
Jan 06, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could tell me about Alpha Transcription.  Do they require set hours?  Do they pay decent?  How is their communication?  Do they have PTO?   Thanks! ...

Anyone Know Of A Company That Doesn't Require Testing?
Jul 09, 2013

Anyone know of a company that doesn't require testing? ...

Does Command Health Require A Set Schedule?
Jan 19, 2014

I have a friend that worked at MD-IT prior to the Command Health buyout. She is still with the MD-IT division (or whatever they call it now), is employee status but is able to work whenever she wants as long as she meets line requirement and doesn't go over 40 hours a week. Is this the way it is across the board for Command Health? I thought I needed an IC job for flexibility, but if I could have that flexibility as an employee that would be great. Thanks for the info. ...

Time Outside Production - Isn't It Illegal To Require This?
Feb 13, 2014

New to Nuance, swallowed up when they acquired my employer at the end of 2013.  I see they really expect you to spend a lot of time doing things outside your schedule, training, reading manuals, etc.  Other than a flat rate for installing and learning software (20 minutes, actually took twice that), they don't offer to pay for all this extra time.  Seems excessive.  Has anyone tracked this extra time and filed a complaint with DOL about it?  Or tried to clock into W ...

Patient Anemic....did Not Require S/l Oral Transfusion?
Apr 09, 2010

I know I learn something every day in this business, but I've never heard of this.  She's very, very clear, but I'd like to know for sure before I QA.  Thanks!  For context, this is the complete statement: She was found to have a hemoglobin as low as 7.8 and was sent to the emergency room.  This did not require an s/l oral transfusion.   ...

Doesn't Diskriter Require Background Checks?
Jul 10, 2010

NM ...