A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical dictionary/spell check software compatible with Word - IC MT

Posted: Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!

Any help would be appreciated. 

Spell check software - MTC

[ In Reply To ..]
The program I bought was from the Stedmans website. It is a medical speller, and dictionary, that is compatable with word 2003 and 2007, depends on the version you are using and if you have windows XP or Vista. It costs $110.00 which for me is costly. But it was worth it to me to have a updated 2010 version and my work depends on it. You can google spell checker software and be sure it is legit before paying for anything.

Spellchecker - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Like the other MT said, Stedmans is a good choice. Plus once you start buying from them, you get discounts. I just upgraded to 2010 for $40 because I had previously purchased from them. I'm not saying that you have to upgrade every year but at that price, I couldn't pass it up, especially since I had just purchased a new pc.

I use Shorthand with Word. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
30-day trial period (www.pcshorthand.com)

After 30 days you can purchase it monthly for about $6.00 or yearly for about $30.00 or so.

I've used it for about 3 months now and really like it.

The other expander is Instant Text which I hear is way better than Shorthand; however, shorthand was more in my price range right now.

Hope this helps!

Opps - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I forgot the expander. Shorthand works.

FREE - RADTRAN

[ In Reply To ..]
I FOUND THIS AND HAVE BEEN USING IT.

http://mtherald.com/free-medical-spell-checker-for-microsoft-word-custom-dictionary/

Similar Messages:

Medical Spell Check Software
Oct 10, 2012

I need an updated medical spell check software - can anyone make recommendations for one that isn't too expensive? Thanks in advance! ...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got A New Computer And Old Medical Dictionary Is Not Compatible So I Am Buying A
Apr 21, 2010

nm ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Medical Spell Check For Android?
Dec 10, 2014

Anyone know of a good Medical Spell Check for Android? My daughter is looking for one for school. Thanks, LadyDianaMT ...

Is There A Way To Spell Check Just One Word
Oct 03, 2012

in DQS 7.1 without it checking the whole report? I have tried highlighting the word and hitting F7 and putting the curser on the word and hitting F7, and that does not work. I was told to right-click on the word and a list of options will come up, and nothing happens when I do that. Everything I try it still checks the whole document and not just one selected word. Any tips would be appreciated, thanx.  ...

How To Spell Check In Word?
Nov 16, 2013

Can someone tell me how to spell check in word?  Thanks in advance ...

Medical Spell Check For Office 2013
Oct 04, 2014

I just bought a computer with Office 2013 and want a medical spell check on it. Any suggestions? ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Medical Dictionary For Word 7
Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download? ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Word Show Up On Spell Check That Isn't Even In Your Report?
Sep 11, 2011

Have you ever had a word show up on spell check that isn't even in your report?  I am really baffled by this.   ...

Could Someone Refresh My Memory On How To Remove A Word From Spell Check?
Dec 11, 2009

I accidently added a word to spell check that is a misspelling.  I think someone posted how to delete a word....I can't find that post........   Thanks!!!! ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Production Software Compatible With M-Modal
May 08, 2015

Is M-Modal compatible with any production software?  If so, is there a preferred vendor?   It's unbelievable that we are paid on production but given a platform with no production tools.   I appreciate any information, tips, advice on building more production on the M-Modal platform.  Thanks! ...

Windows 7 Compatible Software/foot Pedal
Sep 14, 2010

Hi, My 3-year-old Windows XP laptop crashed on Monday; thankfully my 7-year-old Windows XP desktop still chugs along (slowly) and I've been able to do my transcription work without a glitch (for the most part). However, I need to get a new laptop, and I'm going to be buying a Windows 7 laptop. My boyfriend already has a Windows 7 and he is testing my transcription software and foot pedal on the virtual Windows XP mode that Windows 7 Professional comes with. The problem is that while ...

Any Other Free Software Out There Other Than ExpressScribe That's Compatible With Infinity USB
May 20, 2014

Can't get pedal to work on Express Scribe.  Have tried everything.  Are there any other free transcription software/programs I can download?  Thanks.  ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

Look What Would Have Gone Through Spell Check
Sep 17, 2014

"extu1ated"  Yes, that's a #1.  That's how it came up in the voice recognition text. ...

Spell Check
Jun 23, 2015

Does anyone have a clue why my spell check would not be catching some of the misspelled words?  Thank you! ...

Help! Spell Check Issue.
Dec 04, 2009

Thanks for your help.  For some reason, my spellcheck is doubling twice.  For example, if I hit F7 in the report or even upload, it would highlight a word misspelled such as Treadmil (need the extra "l" at end of word).  Spellcheck will highlight word and replace.  Then it will state "Spellcheck complete" and will do it AGAIN. It will then change the "treadmil" word to not only right the first time by adding an extra "l", but will add ANOTHER "l" to spell TREADMILLL.  Ho ...

6.1 Spell Check Question
Sep 30, 2010

Not used to 6.1 yet and can't find the info.  Is there a way to have the spell checker suggest words, like it used to do? Are my settings off? Most words have no suggestions, and even with "coumadin" for example, there is no suggestion of "Coumadin." Thanks! ...

EMDAT Spell Check
May 02, 2012

Does anyone know how to restore your spellchecker in EMDAT if you have accidentally cleared it?  I was trying to delete a misspelled word and it cleared all my saved words, so now any medication or basic med term is being underlined as wrong.   I already looked under the HELP and it didn't give me much.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!  ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Spell Check Not Working Properly
Oct 19, 2010

Be careful with the spell check.  It is not working properly.  I just let something go through that I thought spell check would catch and I would fix it when I came to the end of the document.  I just realized that I let it go through and it never picked up my error.  :(  Also, did anyone else notice that when the new version 6.1 was installed some of your expansions were lost? This happened to me.  I lost many of my expansions. ...

Why Does Spell Check Stop On All The Headings?
Jul 05, 2012

and why did they not address the issue in DQS7?  I mean, so what if the heading is not on the list?  Why does it have to stop on it? or why not let me save it so it doesn't have to stop on it next time? ...

Medical Dictionary
Sep 15, 2014

Can anyone recommend a medical dictionary to use with a web based platform?  ...

Edit Script Spell Check Question
Jan 07, 2015

This question sounds too stupid to ask my TSM, so I am asking you experienced folks. How do I change my spell check in Edit Script so that it will automatically spell checks words in all caps?  I am banging my head up against the wall - I feel like I have tried everything! Thanks!!! ...

Spell Check Not Catching Double Words
Apr 09, 2015

The spell check in Fluency is not catching/correcting the double words...Help...Thanks. ...